What are the side effects of Tamoxifen and why are they dangerous?
Tamoxifen contains 15.2, 30.4, or 45.6 mg tamoxifen citrate, which, respectively, is equivalent to 10, 20 or 30 mg of tamoxifen.
Tablets are packaged in blisters, containers or plastic bottles of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, 100, 120, 150 or 300 pcs.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Tamoxifen is non-steroidal antitumor antiestrogen drugcharacterized by the ability to competitively inhibitperipheral estrogen receptors in target organs and tumors originating from them.
As a result, the complex “tamoxifen receptor transfer cofactor”Which, translocating into cell nucleus, prevents hypertrophy dependent on estrogen regulation of cells.
Sports Wiki states that the substance was first synthesized in 1971 and became the first antiestrogen among representatives of the class of selective estrogen receptor modulators (IMRE).
Renders antigonadotropic effectand suppresses education prostaglandins in tumor tissueslows down the development of the tumor process, which is stimulated estrogen.
After taking a single dose of the drug, the ability to block estrogens persists for several weeks.
Promotes release pituitary gonadotropic hormonesthereby causing ovulation in women with her absence. At oligospermia in men increases serum concentration estrogen, testosterone, luteotropinand follitropina.
Tamoxifen and some of its metabolites exhibit the properties of powerful inhibitors (oxidases) with mixed functions (monooxygenases) of the liver cytochrome P450 system. However, how clinically significant these effects are is not exactly known.
In some cases, Tamoxifen is effective in estrogen-independent tumors. The substance has a partial estrogen-like effect on the lipid spectrum. blood plasma, endometrium and bone tissue.
Tamoxifen absorption is high, TCmax is from 4 to 7 hours after oral administration of the tablet. Sustained plasma concentration is observed 4 weeks after the start of treatment using a dosage of 40 mg / day.
FROM blood plasma albumin the substance binds to 99%. Metabolization occurs in the liver by demethylation, hydroxylation and conjugation and with the participation of the CYP2C9 isoenzyme.
Metabolites are excreted mainly with the contents intestines and partly the kidneys (insignificant amount). Withdrawal is carried out in two stages. The initial half-life of the main metabolite circulating in the systemic circulation is from 7 to 14 hours, the final slow half-life is 7 days.
Indications for use
The use of Tamoxifen is advisable for:
- estrogen-sensitive tumors,
- malignant damage to breast tissue (especially duringmenopauseamong women),
- breast cancer, including in men after surgical removal of the genital organs,
- ductal breast cancer(ductal carcinoma in situ),
- endometrial cancer.
At breast cancerthe drug can also be used as an adjunct to medical, surgical treatment and radiation therapy.
For men, Tamoxifen can be prescribed for gynecomastia. However, the medicine works if the pathology has developed recently and is associated with taking anabolic steroids.
Tamoxifen is contraindicated in:
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug,
- severe forms thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and hypercalcemia,
- pulmonary embolism(TELA) or deep vein thrombosisthat are associated with the use of anticoagulants of the indirect action of the coumarin series (in history),
Use caution with the drug to treat patients with eye diseases(including with cataract), liver and thromboembolic disease(including history), expressed thrombophlebitis, hyperlipidemia.
The drug is available in the form of tablets for oral use. It belongs to the group of anticancer drugs that suppress estrogen production. This is a female hormone, but it is produced in a small amount in the male body. Since during bodybuilding in men the amount of such a hormone in the blood may increase, Tamoxifen effectively fights against violations.
The main active ingredient is tamoxifen citrate salt. The action is strong enough. The medicine itself can cause side effects even with proper use, as indicated by the instructions for use.
Therefore, the intake of such a potent medication should occur only as prescribed by the doctor, in some cases - and under his close supervision. The patient is required and consistent adherence to the dosage regimen. For women and men, it is selected only individually, depending on the severity of symptoms and other changes in the body.
Sometimes, along with this drug, the use of aromatase inhibitors is indicated.
When using such a drug during sports, Tamoxifen has the effect of:
- Increases power indicators.
- Increases muscle hardness and texture.
- Promotes rapid and pronounced increase in muscle mass.
- It has a pronounced antiestrogenic effect.
- It fights body fat, helps reduce fat mass.
- Prevents the phenomenon of feminization.
- Reduces the risk of developing atherosclerosis.
- Improves liver function.
Taking Tamoxifen may be accompanied by side effects such as:
- transient thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, neutropenia,
- allergic reactions (occur rarely and manifest as hypersensitivity reactions, less often - angioedema),
- headaches and dizziness,
- leg cramps
- taste disorders
- visual impairment (decrease in its severity, cataract, optic neuritis, corneal opacity, retinopathy),
- sensation of hot flush to the face,
- thrombosis(the likelihood of its development increases with the simultaneous use of Tamoxifen with cytotoxic drugs),
- nausea and vomiting,
- constipationor diarrhea,
- serious functional impairment liver, body fat degeneration, hepatitis, cholestasis,
- skin rashes,
- alopecia, less often - enhanced hair growth,
- erythema multiforme or malignant exudative,
- increased dryness of the skin,
- change in laboratory parameters (increased activity of liver enzymes, hyperlipidemia, hypertriglyceridemia, in patients with the presence of bone metastases - hypercalcemia),
- fluid retention in the body,
- carcinogenic effect,
- increased fatigue
- parapemphigus(bullous pemphigoid)
- pain in bones and / or lesions,
- an increase in the size of soft tissue tumors (in some cases, the pathological process may be accompanied by a pronounced erythemaon the affected areas of the body and adjacent tissues,
- abnormal redness and rash disappear, usually within 14 days),
- myasthenia gravis,
- weight gain.
The most common side effects of Tamoxifen in women (noted in approximately one in ten patients) are pathological uterine (vaginal) bleeding, menstrual irregularities, flushing, the appearance of leucorrhoea. These symptoms are due to the antiestrogenic effect of the drug.
When taking the drug during premenopause may form ovarian cysts (the incidence of this side effect is 0.1-1%). In rare cases, the use of tablets is accompanied by itching of the vulva and endometrial proliferation (in particular, endometrial hyperplasiaand endometrioid disease).
Based on the reviews, among other side effects in men, there may be a decrease in libido and impotence.
Effect on the female body
This medicine blocks the activation by female sex hormones of cancer target cells (they are in the glandular tissue of the breast). It is an antagonist of estrogen hormones. In the uterus, enhances the activity of female estrogens.
This explains why this drug is prescribed for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in women.
In women, the side effects of treatment with this medicine may be as follows:
- Uterine cancer. It has been proven that the active substance of this drug is able to increase the risk of endometrial cancer. The reason is that Tamoxifen has the ability to activate the growth of this drug. It is especially dangerous to drink such pills for women suffering from breast cancer.
- Endometriosis This is a benign proliferation of the uterine mucosa. Regardless of the stage of the disease, Tamoxifen is able to exacerbate its course.
- There are studies that show that this drug may cause uterine sarcoma - 1% of cases.
- Often women have an increased risk fertility problems. Women taking Tamoxifen complain of infertility. Clinical data show that if the patient has a regular menstrual cycle, then after taking this drug you can become pregnant.
- Thinning hair. This is due to the fact that the drug lowers the amount of the hormone estrogen, which indirectly affects the condition of the skin. The use of special varnishes that can save nails is recommended.
- Some women say that when they started using Tamoxifen, they started memory problems.
- Side effects of Tamoxifen are very rare and not always proven. visual impairment. Most often this occurs if the patient exceeded the recommended dose or self-medicated.
- Cancer of the liverif a woman is taking such a drug in large doses.
- Long-term use of tamoxifen can cause phenomenamasculinization among women. Characterized by the development of virilization, increased hair growth above the upper lip.
Instructions for use Tamoxifen (method and dosage)
The instructions for Tamoxifen indicate that the dosage regimen is established individually, depending on the indications and the antitumor treatment regimen chosen by the doctor.
With malignant damage breast tissuethe daily dose of the drug is from 20 to 40 mg. Tablets are taken once or in two divided doses (usually morning and evening).
Dose of tamoxifen when endometrial cancer- 20-30 mg with a frequency of applications once or twice a day.
The course of treatment is long, until signs of disease progression appear. This is due to the fact that the effect of the use of the drug is maintained against the background of the constant intake of tablets.
If necessary, treatment is supplemented with radiation therapy or prescription cytostatics.
The highest dose of Tamoxifen is 40 mg / day.
The tablets are swallowed without chewing, and washed down with a small amount of liquid.If a single dose of the drug is indicated, it is considered optimal to take the necessary dose in the morning.
Tamoxifen for men
Tamoxifen for men is used to treat gynecomastia. The peculiarity of such a medicine is that it is neither androgenic nor anabolic. Tamoxifen solo also has an anti-estrogenic effect, so experts recommend taking this tool in bodybuilding and powerlifting.
Tamoxifen in bodybuilding is useful, but it can cause a number of side effects. Any athlete, especially a beginner, should know about them. Due to the antiestronic effect, such undesirable effects are possible when taking this drug:
- hot flashes,
- weight gain
- violation of the blood,
- unpleasant itching in the perineum,
- hair loss, sometimes as androgenetic alopecia,
- decreased severity, erectile dysfunction, and, in some cases, ejaculation disorders.
- disorders of bone mineralization processes, which can contribute to the development of osteoporosis.
The advantage of such a medicine for men involved in sports is that it does not allow the appearance of the “gyno” effect (as gynecomastia is called in the language of bodybuilders). Very rarely there are such unpleasant symptoms associated with taking Tamoxifen:
- dizziness, sometimes quite strong,
- nausea, aggravated in some cases before vomiting,
- increase in body temperature to subfebrile values, sometimes higher
- increased drowsiness in the daytime,
- the accumulation of fluid in the body, which leads to edema,
- increased depression
- sometimes a decrease in appetite up to anorexia,
- retrobulbar neuritis,
- the appearance of a pronounced rash on the skin,
- eye damage (retinopathy),
- clouding of the lens - cataract.
In very rare cases, patients may have impaired normal functioning of the liver, gall bladder. Perhaps the development of cholestasis, acute hepatitis, clouding of consciousness until its loss.
In a healthy man, prolonged use of Tamoxifen can be harmful. The use of the medicine for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
Tamoxifen from gynecomastia
This drug helps prevent gynecomastia in men. This effect is achieved by the fact that in representatives of the stronger sex the effect of estrogen is leveled, i.e. female sex hormones. Moreover, the drug can be taken regardless of the causes of the appearance of such a disease (for example, in adolescents, during the aging of the body).
Tamoxifen for gynecomastia in men is prescribed according to a strictly individual scheme. Today, among doctors there is no single developed treatment regimen using this drug. Men need to pay attention to such nuances:
- It is recommended to start treatment at any stage of the development of pathology. Its effectiveness in this case does not change. To avoid side effects, you must carefully follow all the recommendations of the therapist.
- It can also be prescribed for the prevention of gynecomastia.
- If the disease is already formed, then you should drink such a medicine daily. In advanced cases, the dosage can be slightly increased, and after the desired effect is achieved, it can be reduced.
- The patient is forbidden to independently change the dose and dosage regimen in order to avoid the development of side effects.
When it is forbidden to take Tamoxifen
Under no circumstances should you use this medicine in the presence of such diseases and conditions:
- increased susceptibility to the active active ingredient,
- severe forms of thrombocytopenia (the development of acute thrombosis and other dangerous pathologies is possible),
- hypercalcemia (high blood calcium)
- leukopenia (decrease in the number of white blood cells),
- any type of diabetes
- pregnancy and lactation,
- severe kidney disease
- thromboembolic disorders
- ophthalmic pathologies (the use of this medicine is allowed only under the strict supervision of a doctor).
What do patients and doctors say about the drug
Reviews about such a medicine are different depending on what purpose and how the patient took it.
Anna, 44 years old, St. Petersburg:
This medicine affects estrogen receptors. According to the instructions for using such a drug, it reduces the concentration of the female hormone estradiol. I took it for a long time, and there were the same symptoms as during the early menopause.
Natalia, mammologist, Voronezh:
Tamoxifen is a drug that has a pronounced antiestrogenic property. It helps in situations where there is a tumor in the body. If the patient has developed metastases, then the medicine does not have a direct effect on them. It is recommended to take the medication only after a thorough clinical examination.
Alexander, 33 years old, Saratov:
This drug helped get rid of gynecomastia during bodybuilding. It is a pity that I did not apply it from the very beginning.
Andrey, 38 years old, Moscow:
He took steroids for a long time, which caused a decrease in potency, and the mass of fat began to increase. A month after taking Tamoxifen, potency increased, more energy appeared, and endurance increased.
To avoid side effects while taking the medicine, you should drink it only according to the prescription and the specified dosage.
Gynecomastia in men is a disease that develops against the background of hormonal disorders and is accompanied by an increase in the mammary glands. This pathology is associated with the growth of glandular tissues, an increase in the amount of fat deposits.
At the same time, several types of gynecomastia are distinguished:
- True - characterized by the proliferation of glandular tissue of the breast.
- False (lipomastia) - breast enlargement is diagnosed in overweight men. Breast enlargement occurs due to adipose tissue.
- Mixed - involves the growth of adipose and glandular tissue of the breast.
- Physiological - observed in adolescents during the puberty period.
- Pathological - diagnosed in older men.
- Unilateral - gynecomastia of one breast.
- Bilateral - the mammary glands are affected on both sides.
- a feeling of pain and heaviness in the chest area,
- the appearance of seals in the mammary glands.
To make an accurate diagnosis, a man needs to undergo an ultrasound examination and donate blood to hormones.
Indications for treatment
It is necessary to treat gynecomastia in men under the supervision of a mammologist, who, depending on the type of disease, will prescribe the appropriate treatment.
With physiological pathology, which is diagnosed in adolescents, expectant tactics and observation by a doctor are required. At the end of puberty, breasts often decrease. If this does not happen, treatment is required.
Therapy is also necessary for pathological gynecomastia. Drug therapy is effective only at the initial stage of the development of the disease (during the first 4 months after its occurrence). Otherwise, surgical intervention is necessary.
Treatment of pathological gynecomastia without surgery is necessary with the following indications:
- rapid increase in body weight
- ulcers and ulcers on the mammary glands of a man,
- lumps in the chest,
- growth of lymph nodes in the chest and armpits,
- discharge from the nipples of a bloody and purulent nature.
The choice of therapy
Gynecomastia medications, as well as treatment regimens, are selected in accordance with the cause of the pathology. The main causes of the disease are:
- Hormonal disruptions. Most often, this reason leads to the development of physiological gynecomastia in young men in the transition period, when there is a hormonal imbalance.To treat this cause, hormonal drugs are used, as well as traditional medicine.
- Medications Taking certain medications can lead to hormonal imbalances. Most often diagnosed in middle-aged and older men. To eliminate this reason, the doctor will stop taking the drug, which led to an increase in the mammary glands or replace it with another. In the absence of effect, a course of hormones is necessary.
Directions of treatment
Gynecomastia in men is treated with drugs that can reduce the amount of female hormones in the body and increase testosterone levels. For this purpose, depending on the cause of the disease and the characteristics of the male body, one of the treatment methods is selected:
- Testosterone preparations. Used with low levels of testosterone, which is a male sex hormone. In other cases, taking testosterone does not bring positive results.
- Estrogen suppressants are prescribed when testosterone levels are normal and the amount of estrogen (female sex hormones) is increased. This group of drugs helps to reduce estrogen levels, inhibiting their synthesis, and prevents their effects on male breasts.
- UHF, laser therapy, inductophoresis and mud therapy on the mammary gland area are used in combination with one of the selected areas of therapy.
- Surgical operation takes place in the absence of recovery after treatment with the listed methods.
A tablet of testosterone promotes an increase in male sex hormone levels. It is used in men of the age category not older than 50 years, otherwise its intake does not lead to recovery. The use of tablet testosterone normalizes hormonal levels, raises testosterone levels, which leads to a decrease in the mammary glands in men.
Androkur Depot -
hormonal drug for men with gynecomastia
If the man was on a course of steroids to increase body weight, it is necessary to cancel these drugs. In addition, Anastrozole is prescribed, which helps prevent the growth of mammary glands in men and bring them to a normal state. The drug works by reducing female sex hormones. In addition, this tool is used as an antitumor drug. The medication is taken in accordance with the dosage prescribed by the doctor.
Hormonal drug for men with gynecomastia. It acts on the glands by inhibiting the synthesis of androgens. Also, the drug is effective for the treatment of malignant prostate tumors and their relapses.
Treatment of Androkur Depot is carried out according to the scheme recommended by a mammologist. Positive changes in the chest area can be noted only after 4 or more months.
Proviron - a drug that helps reduce estrogen levels, and also does not allow testosterone to turn into female sex hormones, which led to the development of gynecomastia. The peculiarity of this medicine is that its regular intake affects the adrenal cortex and blocks aromatase enzymes.
This drug is prescribed if there is pain in the chest and seals, which are accompanied by itching and redness.
Subject to the recommended dose, the effectiveness of the drug appears after 2 months.
Clomid and Dostinex
Clomid is able to normalize men's health only with normal estrogen levels, since with a reduced rate it is not effective. Therefore, Clomid is prescribed by a doctor in conjunction with Gonadotropin.
Dostinex is also a fairly effective medication, which is prescribed on the basis of data obtained during diagnostic procedures. Well tolerated by patients.
In addition to these drugs, a man needs to drink a course of vitamins A and E, which affect the hormonal background. A sufficient amount of these vitamins promotes the synthesis of testosterone in the body, which is necessary for the treatment of gynecomastia.
Blockers are also used in medicines to prevent the production of hormones that have led to an increase in the mammary glands in men. For this purpose, a gonadoliberin or antiandrogen is prescribed by a mammologist.
Also in the process of therapy, ointments and local compresses are used. Among ointments, Progestogel 1% is most often prescribed. It includes progesterone, which blocks the synthesis of estrogen and reduces prolactin levels. A similar effect leads to a decrease in fluid in the tissues of the breast, which puts pressure on the milk ducts.
When local therapy is most often prescribed Progestogel 1%
Hydrogen peroxide is effective as a local therapy, with which compresses are prepared on the chest. Hydrogen peroxide is also added to infusions. To prepare the infusion, peroxide is mixed with eucalyptus infusion and a liter of boiling water. Take 50 ml before meals for 21 days.
It is necessary to supplement the treatment with an active lifestyle, which will help to get rid of excess weight that accompanies the disease. In addition, you must adjust the power. The diet of a man with gynecomastia should be saturated with carbohydrates and fats, which are quickly absorbed and are not high-calorie. The daily diet must include foods rich in fiber, protein and vitamins. To maintain drug therapy, a man needs to eat foods that are rich in vitamins A, E, selenium and zinc, which favorably affect the endocrine glands and contribute to the synthesis of testosterone.
Throughout the course of drug therapy, it is necessary to limit sweets, flour products. It is also necessary to abandon alcohol products, especially beer, which leads to breast growth in men.
Gynecomastia is a disease in which men have breast growth. This pathology is caused by a decrease in the level of testosterone - the male sex hormone or the growth of estrogen - the female sex hormones. Gynecomastia is treated according to the cause that led to the disease. Conservative therapy is based on the use of medications that are prescribed only by a doctor.
The use of tamoxifen in bodybuilding
Tamoxifen in bodybuilding is used to prevent side effects. anabolic steroids, including gynecomastiaexcessive accumulation of fluid in the body, deposition of fat in the fiber, progression atherosclerosis, dyspeptic phenomenaperipheral edema,iron deficiency anemia, liver dysfunction, jaundice, hepatonecrosis, hypocoagulation, which is manifested by a tendency to bleeding, cholestatic hepatitis, liver cancer, hypercalcemia, and masculinization among women.
The tool is considered indispensable for the PKT (post-cycle therapy) of athletes, since it has the ability to effectively restore content endogenous testosteronethat are disturbed by exposure anabolics.
How to take Tamoxifen in bodybuilding? The dose of the drug is selected individually. Usually it varies from 10 to 40 mg / day. In this case, the intake of less than 30 mg / day., As a rule, is not accompanied by side effects.
The full course is designed for about 7 packs of 30 tablets.
Before taking Tamoxifen, you should definitely consult your doctor.
How to take Tamoxifen after the course?
Taking the drug begins in the second week of the steroid cycle (this is due to the fact that the level of estrogenincreases by the end of the first week of the cycle) and ends two to four weeks after its completion (in some cases, experts recommend that you continue taking until the next cycle begins).
The effective daily dose of Tamoxifen varies from 20 to 60 mg with a frequency of 2 or 3 times a day.
To correctly calculate the required dose after the course androgens and anabolic steroids, you must follow a simple rule:
- with a total dose of AAS less than 0.5 grams per week, Tamoxifen is taken at 20 mg per day,
- if the dose of AAS is from 0.5 to 1 gram per week - 40 mg per day,
- if the dose of AAS exceeds 1 g per week - 60 mg per day.
Clomid or Tamoxifen?
After analyzing the characteristics of both drugs, we can conclude that Tamoxifen is the more preferred option for an athlete. This is due to the following factors:
- with the same ability to restore level endogenous testosteronehe less than Clomidaffects pituitary,
- Tamoxifen is having antiestrogenic effect throughout the body (including in hypothalamus and pituitary gland), due to which not only normalizes testosterone secretion, but also prevents fluid retention in the body,
- Tamoxifen helps lower levels cholesterolthat is relevant for people taking steroids,
- against the background of application Clomida there is an increase in binding to testosterone globulinthat negatively affects the mass gain,
- the cost of Tamoxifen is significantly lower than the cost of Clomid.
Nolvadex or Tamoxifen?
Choosing between Nolvadex and Tamoxifen, it should be remembered that Nolvadex - This is one of the trade names of Tamoxifen. That is, the drugs are identical in their effect on the body, have the same indications and contraindications, provoke the same side effects.
Potentiates the effects of indirect anticoagulants. In this regard, it is necessary to carefully monitor the patient's condition in order to adjust the dose of anticoagulants if necessary.
More than a third (37%) reduces the concentration letrozole in blood serum.
Cytostatic agents increase the risk of education blood clots.
In combination with tegafur can provoke cirrhosis of the liver and active chronic hepatitis. With simultaneous use with drugs, which include estrogens (in particular, with uhstrict contraceptives), the specific effect of both agents is weakened.
Preparations that reduce the excretion of Ca2 + (including thiazide diuretics), increase the likelihood of development hypercalcemia.
Concomitant use with bromocriptinehelps increase tamoxifen concentration blood serum.
Drugs that reduce gastric acidityincluding, including antacid and H2 antihistamines, can provoke premature dissolution and loss of the protective effect of the enteric coating of the tablet. In this regard, between taking Tamoxifen and these drugs should be maintained interval of at least 1-2 hours.
How to take Tamoxifen for gynecomastia in men, dosage for treatment
To increase strength and endurance, men resort to the help of drugs. However, many of them give undesirable side effects, the main of which is gynecomastia.
Tamoxifen, which is very popular due to its effectiveness, will help to avoid its appearance.
About how to take Tamoxifen with gynecomastia, in detail in this article.
An increase in the size of the pectoral muscles can be caused by various tissues.
If the volume has increased due to subcutaneous fat, then the pathology will be false.
And if the volume increased due to the gland, then this will be true breast hypertrophy.
But most often a mixed form occurs, when the amount of fat and the volume of the gland increase simultaneously, and here the patient does not always understand what gynecomastia is, whether the symptoms that arise are a pathology.
Disease may have several stages:
- Proliferation of ducts in the chest.
- An increase in gland volume.
- Fibrous growth.
It is important to understand what is the norm in different categories:
- newborns are about half of all those born,
- most of the youths
- a quarter of older people.
It is important to determine in a timely manner why changes in the thyroid gland occur, what causes the disease. It is necessary to eliminate the manifestations of the disease as early as possible, since the instability of the hormonal background causes other pathologies.
In men over the age who do not have problems with excess weight, this pathology is not so common, and may be caused by more serious reasons.
The main reason for the development of a painful condition is a critical lack of testosterone and an excess of estrogen.
The development of gynecomastia in men can occur due to the presence of the following pathologies:
- steroid use
- problems with the endocrine system,
- pathology of the adrenal glands and kidneys,
- cardiovascular disease
- pituitary tumor
- cancer tumor.
In the vast majority of cases, it is a false disease that directly associated with obesity.
In addition to the above, true gynecomastia in men can occur in the following cases:
- In adolescents, during hormonal instability, which literally takes place within two years.
- In infancy, when hormones are transmitted to the baby by the placental route. In this case, the clinical picture is eliminated independently without residual effects.
- In adulthood, when testosterone is lost due to age, as a result of which weight increases.
Most often, the disease begins to develop due to bad hereditybut life factors play an important role.
True gynecomastia in men, the treatment of which takes time, makes young guys complex. The sooner the fight against the disease begins, the more effective it will be, which will help to avoid surgical intervention.
Breast hypertrophy is classified according to the degree of damage, namely:
- Slight nodule under the areola.
- Under the areola, almost the entire space is occupied by iron.
- The whole areola is occupied by iron.
- The nodule is larger than the size of the areola and is observed beyond.
Breast hypertrophy is very often combined with an increase in the size of the nipples and their staining.
In addition to the above, a person often notices the presence of secretions from the chest, which is similar to breast milk or colostrum.
To stop unpleasant symptoms, it is important to start using gynecomastia medications for the strong half in time.
A representative of the strong half feels low sexual attraction, since the level estrogen is elevated. For the same reason, there is also a change in the voice, depression and hair loss on the body.
The cause of self-doubt is overweight, when adipose tissue spreads throughout the body. In addition, there is idiopathic false gynecomastia in men, which is characterized by the presence of adipose tissue only in the chest area, but there is no excess body weight. it considered benign breast enlargement, which occurs due to the proliferation of adipose tissue.
The main problem in patients is psychological discomfort, which especially worries young people, forcing them to abandon sexual contact.
The disease is eliminated by reducing body weight and strengthening chest muscles.
True breast hypertrophy differs from false hypertrophy in that glandular tissue increases.
Modern medicine has several methods of treatment:
- In newborn babies, the pathology passes independently, after a month. If the clinical picture does not resolve itself, then specialist advice is needed.
- As for adolescents during puberty, then for them the only option would be to stabilize the hormonal background.
In men, in the case of the presence of disease, most often there is excess weight, as a result of which they need, first of all, to adjust their nutrition and do moderate physical activity.
To cope with the development of pathology as soon as possible, it is necessary:
- refuse drugs that could cause the development of the disease,
- a healthy lifestyle with moderate stress,
- increased hormone levels,
- surgical intervention.
Patients are prescribed iodine inductophoresis, laser therapy or mud therapy.
Which doctor treats the disease
If a negative clinical picture arises, the question arises, which doctor treats gynecomastia, since there is no narrow specialist who deals only with this issue.
Initially follows see a therapist, who, having examined, directs the patient to other specialists. Diagnosis is by palpation, blood test, ultrasound.
The next specialist to whom the patient may go will be an endocrinologist who will analyze the level of hormones.
If there is a suspicion of a malignant formation, then the patient is sent to oncologist and surgeon.
You should know that treatment without surgery is more than real. But initially, you should undergo diagnosis and consultation with a specialist.
The main method of treating gynecomastia in men at home is to use medication to balance hormones to increase testosterone.
Gynecomastia drugs for the male body can be effective. Do not expect a positive effect from the use of medications immediately, as this will take several months.
The most common drugs that a specialist prescribes are:
- Nolvadex, which treats gynecomastia in the late stage of the disease when surgery is unacceptable.
- Clomiphene, prescribed in a situation where the level of female hormones goes off scale.
One of the most common drugs is Tamoxifen. All hormonal drugs are prescribed only by a doctor, gynecomastia treatment in men conducted under his supervision. If positive dynamics is not observed after three months, then surgery can not be avoided.
In the course of experimental studies, genotoxic and mutagenic effects Tamoxifen. During the period of treatment with the drug, women of reproductive age should be used barrier contraceptives other non-hormonal methods of preventing pregnancy.
Women in the period premenopause Before taking the pills, you should undergo a medical examination to exclude pregnancy. The patient must be informed of the possible risks to the fetus if fertilization of the egg occurs during treatment with Tamoxifen or within 8 weeks after completion of the course.
In some cases, the use of the drug for treatment breast cancer in women during premenopause can provoke suppressionmenstruation.
Also, with treatment with Tamoxifen, an increase in the frequency of changes is noted endometriumincluding education polyps, tissue hyperplasia and development cancerous tumor.
Appearance abnormal uterine bleeding during the period of treatment or after the end of the course of taking the drug is an occasion to consult a doctor and conduct a thorough examination.
There is no reliable data on the ability of Tamoxifen to pass into breast milk, so it is recommended to stop lactation if necessary.
Structural analogues of Tamoxifen: Vero-Tamoxifen, Tamoxifen Hexal, Tamoxifen Lahema, Tamoxifen-Ferein, Tamoxifen-Ebeve.
The drugs have a similar mechanism of action. Fazlodexand Fareston.
How to get rid of ailment
In the case of gynecomastia in men, treatment without surgery implies strict adherence to the doctor’s prescription for nutrition, medication and physical activity.
Breast hypertrophy in adolescence In most cases, it is invisible, so guys do not always notice any changes in themselves. But if the breast begins to increase, then treatment is required, which will take time.
In order to prescribe the appropriate treatment, the specialist needs to conduct a thorough diagnosis, because often the cause of the clinical picture described above becomes a serious pathology.
In order to treat an ailment at home, doctors prescribe exercise, medication, and other therapeutic measures. Here, everything directly depends on the cause of the pathology and the course of the disease.
To cure this pathology without the use of surgical intervention, it is necessary to completely abandon bad habits and follow a diet.
If the increase in the mammary gland in men is associated with excess weight, then they will come to the rescue physical exercise.
But before you start them, you need to consult with a specialist, that is, with a doctor and trainer.
A man needs to include in his diet foods that contain a large amount of zinc.
The menu should include:
- watermelon seeds
- beef liver
- ram meat
At the same time, try to eat as little as possible foods that contain estrogens:
This dangerous disease requires a thorough diagnosis. This fact is necessary, because often the reason increase milk jellyOncology can become and treatment of men at home will be useless.
The disease can also affect women, so it’s important to consider that in men the treatment is somewhat different.
In case of unpleasant sensations in the chest, which are accompanied by its increase, it is necessary to seek help from a specialist as soon as possible, who after the examination will prescribe the appropriate treatment. The sooner a person takes care of their health, the more likely they are to be able to cope with the disease without surgery.
Tamoxifen: a description of the drug and its principle of action
All over the world, Tamoxifen is prescribed for the treatment and prevention of estrogen-dependent malignant neoplasms in both men and women. But the drug is most widely used as an effective tool in the fight against breast cancer in the fair sex.
Often it is used in sports pharmacology "in conjunction" with anabolic steroids. However, doctors warn that this substance is classified as prohibited, and its identification in the results of doping tests leads to disqualification.
The drug is not intended for parenteral administration and is available in tablet form. Each pill contains tamoxifen citrate in a dosage calculated for one dose (10, 20, 30, or 40 mg). Of the auxiliary components, manufacturers use "standard" lactose, cellulose, starch, magnesium and silicon compounds.
In accordance with the pharmacological classification, the drug belongs to the group of antitumor drugs.According to the principle of action of tamoxifen, citrate is a selective modulator of estrogen receptors.
In structure, each receptor is a protein that mutates under the influence of other proteins of a strictly defined type. They can be located both on the surface of the cell membrane and inside the cell itself.
But in any case, the receptors provide a response to the influence of a substance (hormone, neurotransmitter, etc.).
In fact, Tamoxifen is not a hormone-like drug, since it does not have estrogenic activity and does not affect the synthesis of testosterone.
The active substance of the drug only in structure, and not in its effect on the body, is similar to estrogen.
And due to this tamoxifen, citrate interacts with specific cellular receptors, roughly speaking, blocks them and makes them immune to estrogen.
Moreover, it affects all receptors of this type, regardless of their location:
- breast and mammary cells in women and men,
- prostate tissue
- uterus, vagina,
- anterior pituitary,
- soft tissue, etc.
With malignant transformation of cells, the estrogen-receptor bond leads to pathological division of cell structures. However, the tamoxifen citrate – receptor complex in no way affects the synthesis of DNA in the nucleus, but rather, on the contrary, inhibits the malignant growth of tissues. Due to this property, this drug has been widely used in oncology.
Not only tamoxifen citrate has antiestrogenic activity, but also its metabolites.
The unique properties of this drug (despite quite numerous side effects) served as an impetus for the study of its additional properties and effects on the human body. So, experts found that Tamoxifen can be successfully used for severe lesions of the central nervous system.
Clinical trials conducted with the participation of volunteers have demonstrated its effectiveness in:
- spinal cord injuries
- Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- multiple sclerosis (this disease is extremely difficult to treat. The innovative drug Cladribine or teriflunomide-based drugs have been successfully used for treatment),
- pronounced cognitive disorders of a different genesis.
The neuroprotective mechanism of Tamoxifen is associated with an effect on dopamine receptors. But at present, the possibility of using the drug in neurology is being studied in clinical trials.
When ingested tamoxifen, citrate is rapidly absorbed from the digestive tract and binds almost completely to plasma proteins. The time to reach maximum concentration is individual for each patient and, on average, ranges from 4 to 7 hours.
Further transformation of the drug occurs in the liver with the formation of therapeutically active metabolites. The drug is released mainly through the intestine in two stages: 7-8 hours after administration, and then a week later. Equilibrium therapeutic concentrations of the drug in the blood are achieved on the 7-10th day of therapy.
Tamoxifen: instructions for use, use in bodybuilding, adverse reactions and contraindications
As a rule, the drug is prescribed only for the detection of malignant neoplasms sensitive to the influence of hormones from the estrogen group.
Tamoxifen is prescribed for:
- breast cancer in women (in this case, the doctor may prescribe the drug Kiskali, Halaven, Kadsila, a drug based on pertuzumab or pablocyclib),
- breast cancer in the stronger sex,
- malignant prostatic hyperplasia (in the absence of the effect of other methods of conservative therapy),
- appendage cancer in women,
- malignant damage to the endometrium lining the inner surface of the walls of the uterus,
- prolactinoma (benign adenoma) of the pituitary gland,
- some types of melanoma,
- sarcomas formed in soft tissues
- kidney cancer.
But in the vast majority of cases, Tamoxifen is prescribed for the treatment of breast cancer in men and women. According to experts, the growing number of favorable outcomes of this disease over the past 10 years is due precisely to the use of this drug.
With soft tissue sarcoma, Dacarbazine may also be prescribed.
Tamoxifen is effective only in tumors containing receptors sensitive to the action of estrogen.
Sometimes the drug is prescribed and with a decrease or complete absence of active sperm in the seminal fluid. Also, the medicine is prescribed after surgery on the genitals in men (testicles, prostate gland, etc.) to prevent severe hormonal disorders.
If the doctor prescribes Tamoxifen, the instructions for use do not give clear instructions regarding the dosage of this agent. This is due to the fact that the right amount of the drug should be determined only by the doctor based on the patient’s condition, the patient’s well-being and the presence of concomitant pathologies.
The daily dosage of Tamoxifen is from 0.01 to 0.04 g. But as a rule, for prolonged use, a drug is prescribed in an amount of 0.02 g.
Take the medicine either once a day (in the morning), or divide the prescribed dosage in half and drink twice a day (morning and evening). In this case, Tamoxifen should be taken strictly at the same time, avoiding omissions and delays. The duration of treatment is also determined individually, but the course of use is rarely less than a few months.
Eating does not affect the bioavailability and rate of onset of the therapeutic effect.
Features of the use of Tamoxifen in bodybuilding
It is no secret that professional sports are closely related to pharmacology. Many men prefer to improve the result of training by using a variety of far from harmless drugs.
One of the most commonly used agents in bodybuilding and bodybuilding are anabolic steroids. They help to quickly build muscle mass, increase endurance during intense physical exertion. However, prolonged use of such drugs, especially in high doses, is fraught with serious side effects.
The fact is that steroids turn into estrogens as a result of metabolic transformations in the body of a man. The most striking external manifestation of such a process is gynecomastia, that is, an increase in the size of the mammary glands. To prevent this effect, it is necessary to take Tamoxifen, although the instructions for use do not describe such a way to achieve sports results.
Among bodybuilders, there is an opinion that the drug has this effect:
- helps to “dry” fat deposits,
- increases physical endurance,
- helps to build muscle
- prevents lipid metabolism disorders,
- has a hepatoprotective effect.
A number of these effects are not clinically confirmed, however, Tamoxifen is included in most pharmacological correction schemes for athletes. Take it only in combination with steroid drugs.
Reception of Tamoxifen begins at 2 - 3 weeks of application of steroid medicines in a dosage of 0.01 - 0.02 g per day. The use of the drug continues for another 14 to 21 days after the end of steroid therapy.
Tamoxifen has a lot of contraindications and is characterized by a high risk of complications, therefore it is not recommended to use it in "amateur" sports (as well as in professional).
Restrictions on taking Tamoxifen
All the contraindications in the instructions for use of the drug can be divided into two groups: absolute, in which the use of the drug is strictly prohibited, and relative, when the course of treatment should be taken only under the supervision of a doctor, and Tamoxifen should be taken at the lowest possible dosage.
Absolute contraindications include:
- individual allergic reaction to the components of the drug,
- the period of gestation and breastfeeding,
- age up to 18 years due to the lack of clinical and practical experience.
In women, taking Tamoxifen can stimulate ovulation, especially in the menopause.
In animal experiments, it was found that the drug causes severe damage to the musculoskeletal, genitourinary, digestive and nervous systems of the fetus, intrauterine death at different stages of pregnancy, miscarriages.
Therefore, for the entire time of taking Tamoxifen, women are recommended to use reliable, but not hormonal, contraceptives. Every four weeks, do a pregnancy test or take an hCG test so that it is relatively safe to have an abortion in the early stages.
Relative contraindications to the use of Tamoxifen are:
- violation of the rheological properties of blood,
- thrombophlebitis and varicose veins of the extremities or pelvic organs due to the risk of exacerbations,
- severe liver pathology, stagnation of bile and hepatitis is possible,
- damage to the organs of vision,
- violations of the lipid profile of the blood,
- increase in calcium concentration,
- malabsorption and metabolism of lactose.
In such cases, the administration of Tamoxifen is started in a medical institution with a minimum dose. Then, with satisfactory well-being of the patient and good tolerance, the dosage is gradually increased to therapeutically reasonable. If any complications occur, treatment with Tamoxifen is immediately discontinued.
All side effects caused by the drug are due to the blocking of the influence of the interaction of estrogen with cellular receptors. Therefore, undesirable reactions are quite common.
- hot flashes and increased sweating,
- spotting from the vagina that is not associated with the menstrual cycle,
- increased hair loss
- irritation and discomfort in the genital area,
- the appearance of a problem of overweight,
- lack of appetite,
- nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain,
- stool disorders
- drowsiness, feeling of constant fatigue, depression,
- headache and dizziness,
- convulsions and paresthesias,
- visual impairment
- amenorrhea in women, decreased sexual desire and erectile dysfunction in men.
In the treatment of malignant lesions of the soft tissues during the first 10-14 days of treatment, a reversible increase in their size, soreness and redness of the skin in the area of their localization is possible. This condition requires mandatory and constant monitoring by a doctor. If the situation does not improve, the drug is canceled.
With a predisposition to vascular disease, the development of varicose veins and thrombophlebitis is possible. In women older than 45 years, benign ovarian cysts sometimes form, which resolve after stopping Tamoxifen therapy without medication or surgery. There is also a risk of endometrial proliferation with the subsequent development of endometriosis and fibroma.
Throughout the course of treatment, regular clinical and biochemical blood tests should be done, and an ophthalmologist, gynecologist or urologist should be visited.
To date, cases of overdose of Tamoxifen are not found in the description of the drug or in scientific publications. But doctors suggest that it is possible to increase the severity of adverse reactions, neurological disorders.Due to the association with blood proteins, the administration of antidotes is not practical. Therefore, overdose treatment is carried out depending on the symptoms and complaints of the patient.
Tamoxifen for men: interaction with other medicines, cost, analogues, reviews
The drug can not be used simultaneously with all drugs. So, attention should be paid to the following aspects:
- When treating with antacids, using medicines to treat gastritis, peptic ulcer disease and reducing acidity, you must observe at least a two-hour interval between taking Tamoxifen and these medicines. Otherwise, a decrease in its effect is possible.
- With the simultaneous use of a number of diuretics and other medicines that retain calcium in the body, a critical increase in the level of this mineral is possible.
- The combination with cytostatics significantly increases the likelihood of blood clots.
- Tamoxifen and hormonal contraceptives mutually reduce the therapeutic effect.
Often patients ask the doctor about the compatibility of the drug with alcohol. The fact is that Tamoxifen tablets for women and men are metabolized in the liver (like alcohol), affect the nervous system. Therefore, the simultaneous intake of alcoholic beverages reduces the effect of therapy on the one hand and increases the likelihood of complications on the other.
The cost of Tamoxifen largely depends on the manufacturing company, the number of tablets in the package and their dosage. The price of an imported drug ranges from 180 to 200 rubles (30 tablets of 0.02 g each), about 140 rubles will have to be paid for a domestic medicine.
In pharmacies, Tamoxifen is also offered under other trade names:
Other antiestrogenic antitumor drugs have a similar effect:
- Faslodex (for injection).
Iscador, a drug based on natural ingredients, is also currently used. To treat kidney cancer, Torizel or Nolvadex are often prescribed.
Zharkov Igor Konstantinovich, oncologist, doctor of the highest category, candidate of medical sciences “Tamoxifen is primarily attracted by the combination of“ the provided effect is cost.
Unlike other drugs for the treatment of breast cancer, this tool is relatively inexpensive, but at the same time it stops the spread and growth of malignant neoplasms.
I know about the use of Tamoxifen to improve athletic performance, but as a doctor, they recommend drinking it only on strict indications and as prescribed by a doctor. ”
Igor, 24 years old. “I’ve been practicing in the hall for about 5 years and has always been aimed at a visible result. Simple exercises to strengthen muscles did not interest me.
We made a training program with a trainer with the parallel use of steroids and Tamoxifen. I drank the medicine according to the scheme. The endurance has noticeably improved, the fat layer has disappeared, and the muscles have acquired the desired relief.
I haven’t noticed any complications yet, however, I advise you to weigh everything well before repeating my experience. ”
Tamoxifen for men is a potent drug that should not be drunk without first consulting a doctor. There are a number of strict indications for its admission. The medicine often causes undesirable reactions, it should be taken only under the supervision of a doctor and laboratory parameters of a blood test.
Tamoxifen - instructions for use, dosage, mechanism of action, contraindications and reviews
Modern medicine has accumulated vast experience in the fight against cancer. Drug therapy is one of the very effective directions. Oncologists often prescribe Tamoxifen to suppress cancer. Find out the details of the use of tablets.
The medicine is presented on the pharmaceutical market in the format of cylindrical tablets in white-cream, or white color (sometimes with a grayish tint).Tablets with a dosage of 10 mg have a facet, 20 mg beveled and at risk. The composition of the medication:
|Tamoxifen (active substance)||10||20|
Instructions for use of Tamoxifenum (Tamoxifenum) includes information that the drug has antiestrogenic and antitumor effects.
It is a non-steroidal drug that competitively inhibits (suppresses) peripheral estrogen receptors in target organs and tumors.
As a result, a compound with receptors and transfer cofactors is formed, which is translated into the cell nucleus and prevents hypertrophy from developing. A single dose of the dose leads to the preservation of the ability to block estrogen for several weeks.
The medication leads to the release of pituitary gonadotropic hormones, causes ovulation. With oligospermia in men, it leads to an increase in serum concentrations of estrogen, luteotropin, testosterone, follitropin. The substance and some of its metabolites are powerful oxidase inhibitors, exhibit mixed functions of monooxygenases of the liver cytochrome system.
According to studies, in some patients, the medication has an effect in relation to estrogen-independent tumors. The substance partially estrogen-like acts on the fatty composition of blood plasma, bone tissue and endometrium. The active component has a high absorption, reaches a maximum concentration in 4-7 hours after administration.
A stable plasma concentration develops after a month of constant intake of 40 mg of the drug per day.
The active substance binds to plasma proteins (albumin) by 99%, undergoes metabolism in the liver, demethylates, hydroxylates and conjugates.
Metabolites after conjugation are excreted in feces, urine in two stages. The initial period lasts 7-14 hours, the final slow interval is equal to a week.
While taking the drug, there are extremely rare allegations that the liver is disrupted. This is due to the high activity of the active component. Side signs of treatment with Tamoxifen are hepatitis, cholestasis, fatty organ infiltration. If you take the medicine for a long time, there is a risk of developing liver cancer.
Tamoxifen tablets may not be combined with all medicines. There are combinations to which you need to pay close attention. They are indicated in the instructions:
- The simultaneous administration of the drug with cytostatics, diuretics leads to thrombosis.
- The combination of the drug with Allopurinol leads to a hepatotoxic effect, with Aminoglutetimide - to a decrease in the concentration of the active substance in plasma and globulin.
- The medicine leads to the prolongation of neuromuscular blockade, which is caused by atracuria.
- When taking bromocriptine, the dopaminergic effect is enhanced.
- The combination of the drug with the anticoagulant Warfarin leads to a risk of hematuria, hematomas, and an increase in prothrombin time.
- Due to Rifampicin, the concentration of tamoxifen in the blood plasma is reduced.
- Estrogens can reduce the effect of the drug.
Tamoxifen and alcohol
According to the instructions, the drug Tamoxifen is undesirable to combine with the intake of alcoholic beverages. This is due to the fact that ethyl alcohol can adversely affect the development of side effects of the drug, increase its toxicity or slow down the absorption by the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. This leads to a decrease in the effectiveness of the drug and treatment in general.
If you take Tamoxifen in a high dose or take it for a long time, an overdose may develop. It is accompanied by dizziness, hyperreflexia, tremors, unsteady gait. If signs of an overdose appear, stop treatment, consult a doctor for symptomatic therapy and emergency care.
Tamoxifen tablets were prescribed to me after a surgical operation for breast cancer. The result was achieved, the cancer cells were completely destroyed. I believe that taking these pills is a prerequisite for successful treatment.
Anatoly, 45 years old
I decided to tighten the physical condition and enrolled in the gym. The trainer said that it’s much more effective to combine training with taking anabolics, otherwise you can tear yourself up in anticipation of the results. I agreed, as a result, I encountered gynecomastia. The pills helped return to normal.
I regularly undergo examinations at the cancer center, as I have a genetic predisposition to breast cancer. Last year, signs of oncology were revealed. Stage is the earliest. A year was treated, Tamoxifen drank, and subsequent tests showed a complete recovery.
Gynecomastia in men - causes, symptoms, diagnosis, methods of treatment and removal
Gynecomastia (gynecomastia), like any disease, needs timely treatment. Otherwise, the patient will face not only aesthetic costs for his “male image”, but also serious pathologies, including cancer and impotence. Sometimes to reduce breast size you need to reconsider your lifestyle.
Pathologically caused overgrowth of the mammary glands in men is called gynecomastia. The disease manifests itself in an increase in cells of both adipose tissue and the glands themselves against the background of hormonal imbalance in the direction of increasing female sex hormones or lowering androgens. The average deviation from the norm is 4 cm, and the total deviation range ranges from 1 cm to 10 cm in severe cases. Gynecomastia can occur at a very young age and in older men.
Gynecomastia is an increase in the mammary glands in size and volume in men due to hypertrophic processes in glandular and fat cells. Diagnosis of this condition does not present any difficulties, since the changed organs are accessible to visual inspection.
Typical symptoms of gynecomastia (see photo):
- the appearance of swelling in the nipple,
- spherical formation in the paralosal region, determined by palpation,
- an increase in tissue volume in the projection of the pectoral muscles, combined with their sagging,
- sore nipples
- discharge with pressure on the nipples.
In total, 3 degrees of breast enlargement in men are distinguished:
- first (moderate) - breast volume does not exceed 6 cm.
- the second (middle) - an increase in the breast from 6 to 10 cm.
- third (pronounced) - the breast increases by more than 10 cm.
Gynecomastia in men, treatment without surgery of which is carried out by different methods, can manifest itself as a violation of libido, weakness, fatigue, and even impotence.
In children with this disease, there is swelling in the chest area, and sometimes colostrum is possible. Adults with this diagnosis face a growth of up to 10 cm of the mammary glands, whose weight reaches 150 g. In addition to everything, a darkening of the areola and swelling of the nipples can be observed, this phenomenon is characteristic of the weaker sex during lactation.
Gynecomastia in bodybuilding
Almost every athlete who regularly takes up the gym knows about gynecomastia or even observed this ailment in reality. This phenomenon is a benign increase in the size of the mammary gland in representatives of the strong half of humanity. It is usually caused by hypertrophy of adipose tissue and glands.
The increase in the mammary gland in bodybuilders is provoked by: obesity of various degrees, taking steroid drugs, teenage transitional air, various diseases accompanied by a decrease in testosterone concentration against the background of an increase in estrogen. Gynecomastia in bodybuilding is often called "gyno."
A phenomenon such as gyno in bodybuilding has its own characteristics, which you should be aware of:
- training can not cause this ailment,
- the disease does not develop due to sports nutrition, if it is not on a hormonal basis,
- there is no connection between diseases such as breast cancer and gynecomastia,
- steroids do not cause the disease, if it develops a long time after the end of the course,
- gynecomastia is easier to prevent than to treat,
- gyno prophylaxis is the use of antiestrogen drugs.
Gino in bodybuilding is a rather unpleasant affliction that can befall not only beginners, but also experienced bodybuilders who take part in competitions and take courses on anabolic steroids. AS are derivatives of testosterone, which, after entering the bloodstream, are exposed to aromatase, an enzyme synthesized by the adrenal glands, and are converted to estrogen, a female hormone. A high concentration of estrogen in the male body and becomes the main cause of gyno.
Stages of the disease
There are three main forms of gynecomastia, each of which has its own characteristics and requires a different approach to treatment:
- Developing. Reversible stage of gyno, which lasts for four months.
- Intermediate. With rare exceptions, it does not require surgical intervention; it lasts from four months to a year.
- Fibrous Launched stage, which can only be removed after the operation.
Not every anabolic steroid used by bodybuilders causes gynecomastia. Some ASs are prone to aromatization, while others, on the contrary, are not prone to the effects of the aromatase enzyme, that is, they do not lead to an increase in estrogen and the development of gyno. Testosterone, Methyltestosterone, Methandrostenolone are the most dangerous anabolic steroids, and Oxandrolone, Stanozolol, Boldenone, Oxandrolone are safe.
The use of estrogen receptor blockers on a course of anabolic steroids prevents the development of gyno. The anti-estrogenic drugs used in bodybuilding are Tamoxifen, Clomid. Sometimes they take Proviron. This drug interferes with estrogen production.
The sensitivity to estradiol in each athlete is different, so gynecomastia in bodybuilders does not develop as often as many people mistakenly believe. A well-designed course program, prevention, post-course therapy, regular monitoring of hormonal levels can minimize the risk of developing gynecosis.
It is possible to prevent the appearance of gynecomastia in bodybuilding in a variety of ways, but it is possible to recover from this ailment only in an operational way. Surgical intervention, as a rule, does not leave any visible traces, allows you to return to the training process after 2 weeks. Full recovery takes from 1 to 2 months. Re-development of gyno is found, but rarely enough.
Bodybuilding (or bodybuilding) can not become the cause of gynecomastia. Bodybuilding translated from English - body building.
The athlete is engaged in weight lifting, stretching exercises and muscle strengthening.
The result of the classes will be the formation of beautiful muscle muscles.
If you engage in this sport without anabolics, then there will be no large muscle building.
Athletes who want to achieve outstanding results use a special diet, nutritional supplements, and anabolic steroids.
Gynecomastia in bodybuilders occurs, but not by itself. This is the so-called gynecomastia on the course of steroids. It is steroids, not bodybuilding, that cause changes in the mammary glands.
Gynecomastia in bodybuilding is caused by anabolic agents. They are converted to estrogen and can cause the growth of glandular tissue.
These are drugs such as:
- Testosterone-containing drugs.
When taking Anavar, Winstrol, Boldenone, Oral Turinabol, Primobolan, changes in the mammary glands are very rare, but the athletes still have a risk of gynecomastia.
Side effects of these anabolics can nullify the use of aromatase inhibitors that counteract the formation of estrogen:
- Arimidex (aka Anastrozole).
To eliminate the risk of gynecomastia from steroids, athletes drink Tamoxifen and its analogue Clofimen. These drugs block estrogen receptors. The formation of an excess of estrogen is also hindered by food supplement 6 OXO.
REFERENCE: If you stop taking steroid drugs, then gynecomastia will not disappear. Unpleasant sensations in the mammary glands will help relieve antiestrogens, androgen preparations and aromatase inhibitors.
The glandular tissue in the mammary glands does not resolve by itself. To avoid serious and painful treatment in the form of a surgical operation, the athlete should approach the choice of sports nutrition and supplements carefully and carefully.
Gynecomastia is diagnosed in several stages:
- Conversation and visual examination by a doctor who evaluates the color, size and characteristics of the breast, areola and nipple,
- Palpation at the mammologist. The specialist probes the chest for the densification of tissues and secretions from the nipples. Palpation is usually carried out on a horizontal surface lying, in a vertical position of the patient and on the side,
- Mammography. One of the safest, but still not enough informative and accurate methods of hardware research. Often it allows you to identify such a disease at an early stage and take the necessary measures. But experts do not advise to be limited to mammography in the study,
- Ductography. This is the same mammography, but at the same time a contrast agent is introduced into the tissue with a thin needle, which can significantly improve the accuracy of the diagnosis,
- Ultrasound It is prescribed most often for the study of the female breast. An experienced specialist can accurately determine the disease and the stage at which it is located,
- Cytological examination is used in cases of suspected malignant nature of the seals,
- Analyzes. Patients often give up to clarify the picture of the hormonal background, which seriously affects the appearance and development of gynecomastia,
- MRI Conducted for greater detail and accuracy of the study.
Gynecomastia in men: treatment without surgery on a steroid course
A disease like gynecomastia is familiar to many men. Her characteristic symptom is breast growth. Moreover, the pathology is manifested not only externally, but also causes great psychological discomfort. Due to gynecomastia, men develop huge complexes. It is possible to treat it without surgery only if the disease is not started.
Gynecomastia in men, the treatment without surgery of which is carried out with various drugs and folk remedies, represents the growth of breast tissue, accompanied by a change in fat structures and volume of glands. This pathology has other names: tissue deformation, breast enlargement, breast hypertrophy.
The diameter of the breast with such a disease can reach 10 cm, although in most cases this figure ranges from 3-4 cm. If nothing is done, then gynecomastia can lead to the appearance of a malignant formation in the mammary gland.
Breast enlargement occurs in the stronger sex of all ages. For example, about 60% of men are prone to gynecomastia over 45 years of age, under the age of 14, 50-70% of children suffer from this disease, and up to 45 - only 40% of people.
Sometimes it turns out to be quite effective when gynecomastia is detected in men, treatment without surgery. The photo below allows you to see how the breast looks with this disease.
It is customary to classify this disease in medicine into several forms: single and double-sided. In the first case, pathology affects only one mammary gland, and in the second, both.
But most often in patients with a similar problem, bilateral gynecomastia is observed. With this form, an increase in both glands occurs at once. In addition to this, the disease is divided into the following forms:
- False. Fatty tissue is deposited in the chest, which contributes, as a rule, to obesity. That is, the gland tissue does not grow.
- The true one. With this form, the pathology grows, and sometimes there is hypertrophy of the glandular or connective tissue of the breast, in other words, the stoma.
True gynecomastia can still be physiological and pathological. With a physiological form, tissue enlargement does not go beyond the limits established in medicine. But with pathological gynecomastia, on the contrary, tissues subjected to hypertrophy go beyond normal limits. This form of pathology is treated exclusively by surgery.
The mammary glands in the stronger sex in the normal state are underdeveloped. This rudimentary organ consists of short ducts, adipose and glandular tissue, as well as the nipple. Its normal functioning and development depends on the effects of female hormones such as prolactin and estrogens.
True gynecomastia in men, the treatment of which without surgery is carried out in various ways, occurs due to disorders in the body. Such a pathology may result from an increase in prolactin secretion. This happens, as a rule, with hypothyroidism and pituitary tumors.
But the most common cause of gynecomastia in men is a malfunction in the body of the ratio of estrogen to testosterone. A similar condition is observed with inflammation in the testicles, Addison's disease, prostate adenoma, as well as with hormone-active tumors or age-related hypogonadism.
Non-endocrine pathologies can also lead to breast enlargement in men: injuries or herpetic lesions of the chest, cardiovascular or renal failure, HIV infection, cirrhosis.
Often, the cause of gynecomastia is caused by diseases that are accompanied by metabolic disorders, such as pulmonary tuberculosis, overweight or diabetes mellitus.
Gynecomastia in the stronger sex often occurs due to the use of certain drugs that negatively affect breast tissue receptors. In addition, they enhance the production of prolactin and estrogen, and are also able to have a toxic effect on the body. These drugs include Amiodarone, Cimetidine, anabolic steroids, Theophylline, antidepressants, corticosteroids or creams containing hormones.
Breast hypertrophy in some situations appears due to alcohol abuse or drug use.
At the same time, many are interested in if gynecomastia is diagnosed in men, treatment without surgery in young men, adolescents is possible or not. It should be understood that surgical intervention will be avoided only in the early stages of the disease.
Fareston or Tamoxifen - which is more effective?
Fareston - this is antitumor antiestrogenic non-steroidal agentbased on substance toremifene. The main features of the drug:
- the presence of a chlorine atom in its chemical structure (which makes the drug more stable compared to Tamoxifen),
- lack of oncogenic effect,
- the ability to induce apoptosis,
- validity for RE-negative tumors.
According to clinical observations conducted over the course of six months, it was found that when taking Fareston:
- changes in hormonal homeostasis are an order of magnitude more favorable than when taking Tamoxifen,
- changes less dangerous for the patient in terms of oncorisk develop
- unwanted side effects occur an order of magnitude less often.
Studies have also concluded that, as part of complex treatment, the effect Farestona on the tumor processwith progressive breast cancer more effective than the effect of its analogue: with its use, patients were much more likely to experience complete remission, and the progression of the disease began 1.2 months later.
Moreover, antitumor effectin the treatment Fareston observed in more patients.
Gynecomastia for drugs
Gynecomastia in men is a pathological condition that leads to the growth of the mammary glands. The reason is the hormonal imbalance that often occurs in adolescence and in men who take certain medications.
Medicines and drugs in the treatment of gynecomastia in men are diverse. The action of therapeutic agents is aimed at eliminating the causes of the development of pathology.
Tamoxifen, dosage for gynecomastia:
- There is currently no single treatment regimen for gynecomastia. Doctors examine each case individually and prescribe treatment based on the anamnesis and symptoms.
Reception of Tamoxifenum can be begun at any stage of the disease, its effectiveness from this practically does not change. However, you must strictly follow all the recommendations, observe the dosage and regularity of admission. For the prevention of gynecomastia, Tamoxifen is taken in parallel with the course of steroid hormones.. In this case, a daily dosage of 10 mg is enough.
Reception of Tamoxifenum should begin in 3-4 weeks after the beginning of reception of steroids and to continue some time after the termination of anabolic therapy. In the presence of already formed gynecomastia, the drug can be prescribed 20-40 mg daily.
In the course of various studies, it was found that a daily dose of Tamoxifen, equal to 20 mg, is able to effectively fight gynecomastia and significantly reduce its manifestations, so in most cases 20 mg of the active substance is enough. However, the doctor selects the desired dosage individually. It depends on the degree of manifestation of symptoms and the characteristics of the hormonal background of a particular athlete. In advanced cases, the initial dosage may be 40 mg with a gradual decrease to 20 mg.
The tendency to the appearance of gynecomastia and the accumulation of water in the muscles differs and depends only on individual genetics. Athletes who are more susceptible to estrogen are given higher doses of Tamoxifen.
Recommendations for taking tablets: drink plenty of fluids, do not chew, you can take at the same time as food. To maintain a stable concentration of Tamoxifen in the blood, the daily dose should be divided into two doses, if possible.
Do not make a dosage decision yourself. Only a doctor can correctly assess the severity of symptoms and the need for treatment.
The standard treatment is taking 20 mg of Takmoxifen for 3 months, which reduces the manifestation of gynecomastia by 80-100%.
Along with visible changes in the mammary gland, the accompanying symptoms disappear:
- nipple hardness
- foreign body feeling.
The likelihood of a full recovery is quite high, so the drug is very popular and often used among athletes. Thus, with gynecomastia, treatment with Tamoxifenum is prescribed quite often.
- Some athletes complained of pain in the epigastric region after taking Tamoxifen. However, in general, side effects are rare.
Most often, they worry those who are treated with high doses of the drug or increase the recommended duration of administration.
Tamoxifen is really able to get rid of existing gynecomastia or work as a prophylactic. However, hormonal balance is very important for the proper functioning of the human body, so do not exceed the recommended doses.
Tamoxifen price, where to buy
The price of Tamoxifen in pharmacies varies depending on which pharmaceutical company produced this drug and how many tablets are contained in the package.
The price of Tamoxifen in Ukraine is from 62 to 197 UAH. You can buy Tamoxifen in Moscow and other Russian cities from 65 to 715 rubles per package.