The nuances of treating prostatitis in men: medicines and remedies for inflammation
Prostatitis or inflammation of the prostate is a disease that develops in men of mature age for various reasons. Fever, lower back pain, rapid urination, general weakness are signs that characterize prostatitis. Treatment, drugs prescribed by a doctor vary in strength and duration of action. In modern pharmacology, pills and drugs for male prostatitis are the basis of a comprehensive treatment prescribed by a doctor.
Our readers recommend
Our regular reader got rid of PROSTATITIS by an effective method. He tested it on himself - the result is 100% - complete disposal of prostatitis. This is a natural remedy based on honey. We checked the method and decided to advise it to you. The result is quick. EFFECTIVE METHOD.
An integrated approach helps to get rid of prostatitis, the treatment of which includes several groups of drugs:
- Antibacterial drugs for prostatitis (antibiotics).
Antibacterial drugs prescribed for prostatitis
The doctor determines which pills to drink with prostatitis. For this, laboratory tests of prostate secretions are performed: general urine analysis, prostate secretion, spermogram, three-glass urine sample. The causative agent of the disease is established. It is determined how to treat prostatitis in men, tablets are prescribed depending on the type of pathogen. The medicine for prostatitis is prescribed according to the scheme in a personal dosage, taking into account the sensitivity of the patient's microflora to antibiotics. There are various forms of the disease and microbes that cause prostatitis. Medicines are selected in accordance with the form of the disease and the identified microflora.
Tablets prescribed for acute bacterial prostatitis
In the acute inflammatory process, men develop prostatitis, the symptoms and treatment of which depends on the severity of the disease. For the treatment of acute bacterial forms of prostatitis caused by E. coli and their destruction, the following drugs are prescribed:
- Penicillins. Active against gram-positive bacteria, most anaerobic bacteria. However, resistance to penicillins in staphylococci and gonococci is observed. Penicillin-based prostate drugs: Ampicillin, Amoxiclav, Amoxicillin, Carbenicillin, Oxacillin.
- Macrolides. The least toxic antibiotics. Bactericidal effect on streptococci, pertussis pathogens, active against gram-positive cocci. They have immunomodulatory, moderately anti-inflammatory activity. Preparations for prostatitis containing macrolides: Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Clarithromycin.
- Fluoroquinolones. They differ in the mechanism of action from other antibiotics treating prostatitis. These tablets are effective against resistant, multiresistant strains of microorganisms (pneumococci, intracellular pathogens, anaerobes). Pharmacy representatives of the 3rd and 4th generation of fluoroquinolones are Moxifloxacin, Levofloxacin, Ofloxacin, Sparfloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, Norfoxacin.
- Tetracyclines. They have a wide spectrum of antimicrobial activity, but are poorly tolerated. Mycoplasmas and chlamydia are killed, however, in the course of their long-term use, part of the bacteria acquired resistance to them. Tetracyclines are represented by drugs - Doxycycline, Minocycline, Oxytetracycline, Unidox.
The prostate gland becomes inflamed and poorly absorbs antibacterial capsules from prostatitis. However, taking medications to increase the effectiveness of treating prostatitis should be at least 2 weeks, since hypothermia or weakening during the ARVI period will return the disease. Acute prostatitis, the treatment of which stops, flows into a chronic form, so antibiotics for prostatitis must be taken. The reasons determining the occurrence of the disease and its duration determine what medications should be taken for prostatitis.
Preparations for the treatment of prostatitis in a chronic bacterial form
How to treat prostate diseases in men if the development of pathogenic microflora continues? Treatment of long-term prostatitis in men includes medications taken for several weeks to several months. Prostate treatment includes what medicines to take with prostatitis, how to treat. The composition of the systemic treatment of a disease that has become chronic, in addition to antibacterial drugs, includes the following tablets for prostatitis:
- Prostanorm. Herbal medicine. Prevents physiological changes in the prostate, enhances blood flow in the tissues of the prostate gland, has anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties. Active against gram-positive bacteria. Treatment lasts 6-7 weeks. There are contraindications.
- Vitaprost. It protects the prostate from changes, normalizes secretion, reduces edema, reduces prostate inflammation, and stimulates muscle tension in the bladder. Take 10 days.
- Prostamol UNO. It is an anti-edematous and anti-inflammatory drug. It is prescribed for functional disorders of urination, prostate hyperplasia of the I – II degree. There are no contraindications. Relapse frequency determines the duration of the drug.
- Prostan. It reduces the volume of the prostate, eliminates the obstruction of the urinary ducts, accelerates the outflow of urine. Drink the drug for more than 6 months.
- Prostate Forte Mens formula. Supplements that help strengthen immunity, restore urinary function in men, are prescribed for the prevention and with exacerbations of prostatitis. It is taken 1 month.
- Prostalamin. Supplements that help restore the activity of the genitourinary system, relieve inflammation of the prostate and swelling of its tissues. The course of admission is 10-15 days.
- Revenor. Supplements, reduces the intensity of inflammation, restores microcirculation of the veins of the gland. A contraindication is an allergy to the plant components of the drug.
- Biseptol and its analogues (Bactrim, Septocid, Co-trimoxazole). Resistance of bacteria to the active substance has not formed, so tablets from inflammation eliminate the swelling of the prostate, destroy the causative agents of chronic prostatitis. The treatment lasts 3 weeks.
The use of a medication for the treatment of prostatitis in men is justified by a decrease in pain in patients during the period of the disease and a marked decrease in symptomatic manifestations.
Other methods of treating prostatitis in men are also prescribed, which increase the effectiveness of antibiotic therapy:
- Candles They have analgesic, antibacterial action against prostatitis. Treatment of prostatitis in men lasts from several days to several months. There are candles with an antibiotic (Vitaprost Plus, Rifampicin), pain relievers (Relief, Proctoglivenol, Natalside), anti-inflammatory suppositories (Voltaren, Diclofenac, Prostatilen, Peponen, Indomethacin, Dicloberl). Separate lines stand out candles with propolis, which have a multifaceted effect on the gland (Propolis DN, Gemo-Pro, Prostopin, Propolis D, Fito Propolis). Suppositories are used from 10 days - as a treatment, as a prophylaxis - up to a month. This form of delivery of the active substance to the inflamed gland is the most effective, since this is how the high therapeutic activity of the drug is achieved.
- Injections. Antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs quickly penetrate the body and work in the gland, reducing the side effects on the digestive tract. Assign in the acute stage of the disease and severe pain.
- Instillation. A medicine for treating prostatitis is injected into the external opening of the urethra in men and is quickly delivered to a sore spot. This method is used for potent drugs with a large number of contraindications to reduce the likelihood of side effects.
The introduction of the cream into the rectum. The representative of this type of treatment is Ekado Cream. The cream is absorbed into the walls of the large intestine and quickly enters the painful area of the prostate in men, relaxing and diluting its secret.
- Microclysters. Apply infusions and decoctions of herbs. It is necessary to consult a doctor about which herbs can and cannot be taken.
What pills to take for prostatitis are prescribed by a doctor. The effectiveness of antibiotic therapy increases if it is strengthened by other methods. For example, carry out physiotherapeutic procedures: electrophoresis, ultrasound, magnetotherapy, electrical stimulation, laser therapy, prostate massage.
- Indications: presence of infection, bacterial, viral, or fungal.
- Contraindications: resistance to this type of antibiotic, alcohol intake.
To defeat prostatitis six groups of antibiotics are usedwhich we will talk about below.
These remedies for prostatitis are the most ancient and well studied. Doctors like to prescribe them for the treatment of prostatitis: there is no mistake.
But their effectiveness is lower than modern drugs from prostatitis in men.
List of the most popular drugs for prostatitis from this category is presented below:
- Amoxiclav - powder, tablets, suspension. Dose 250-500 mg. at a time, up to 2000 mg. per day.
- Amoxicillin tablets. Dose 500-1000 mg. at a time, up to 3000 mg. per day.
Antibiotics sometimes cause allergies, candadose. If there is one, a course of antihistamines is prescribed. Prolonged (more than two weeks) taking antibiotics destroys the liver. Against this, a course of hepatoprotectors is prescribed. Tablets are taken with food. Antibiotics destroy the lining of the stomach. A snack will save you from an ulcer.
This type of medication for prostatitis. used when a specific pathogen is not detected.
Effective drugs for the treatment of prostatitis in men of this type:
- Gentamicin - injections exclusively. Per kilogram of patient weight 2-5 mg., One to three injections per day.
- Kanamycin - only injections. Dose 500 mg. at a time, 1000-2000 mg. per day.
Signs of the disease
The main signs of the disease with prostatitis in men:
- pain in the scrotum, lower abdomen and perineum,
- problems with urination
- sexual function is upset
- problems with ejaculation,
- sperm quality and quantity changed.
Features of the course of the disease depend on such reasons as:
- disease time
- lack of sex life
- phase of the inflammatory process,
- sedentary lifestyle.
Signs of prostate disease in men are similar to signs of other diseases, so you should not make a diagnosis yourself, you need to contact a urologist who will determine the symptoms and treatment.
To make a diagnosis, the doctor prescribes an analysis for infections that are sexually transmitted.
In addition to this, the man will need to pass the following tests: urine culture and prostate secretion. The main place in the diagnosis is ultrasound examination of the prostate. To treat inflammation, you first need to determine the causes of the disease and eliminate them.
The advantages of these drugs for the treatment of prostatitis include: low toxicity, they accumulate in the tissues of the prostate and continue to act for a long time.
- Josamycin tablets. Dose 250,500,750 mg. at a time, up to 1000-2000 mg. per day.
- Azithromycin - tablets, powder for injection. Dose 150-300 mg. at a time, 300, 600 mg. in a day.
This type of medication for prostatitis, used against staphylococcus, anaerobic infections of the prostate, streptococcus, protea, hemophilic bacillus.
Which prostatitis medicine from this category is better to choose? Below are the most effective ones:
- Ceftriaxone - only injections intramuscularly, intravenously. They inject 1000-2000 mg once a day.
- Cefuroxime - only injections. Dose 750-1500 mg. single, 2000-6000 mg. per day. Prick three times a day.
Possible causes of prostatitis
- Infectious disease is caused by mycoplasmas, chlamydia, Candida fungi, Trichomonas, herpes virus, E. coli, which are transmitted sexually. Infection affects the urethra.
- In the pelvic organs, blood circulation is disturbed, stagnation occurs and the prostate begins to become inflamed.
- Sedentary work.
- Lack of sexual activity, interruption of sexual intercourse.
- Weak immunity.
- Reusable hypothermia.
- Depression, stress.
- Hormonal disbalance.
- Lack of vitamins.
The most common cause of the disease is infection. Most often, men with weak immunity become infected with the infection. Using effective drugs, you can overcome the infection in a short time. The sooner treatment of prostate inflammation is started with drugs, the better.
To avoid infectious diseases, it is necessary to strengthen the immune system. Limit alcohol intake; stop smoking completely and use narcotic drugs. Do not overcool. Lead a healthy lifestyle, play sports, use medicines prescribed by your doctor.
Sexual intercourse must be without delay in ejaculation, ejaculation must be completed. It is important for men to have a permanent sex life.
Video: "Causes of prostatitis"
Treatment of prostatitis
If chronic prostatitis is not treated, then the prostate can get sclerosis.
In acute prostatitis, an abscess of the prostate gland develops, it is inflammation with pus: it is accompanied by fever, chills, pain in the perineum and during urination.
Then the prostate gland swells and the delay in urination worsens. Medicines for the treatment of prostatitis are selected depending on what stage the disease is at. Acute prostatitis is easier to treat than chronic.
Treatment of acute prostatitis
The course of treatment depends on the signs of the disease. If the patient has a high fever, pain in the perineum, problems with urination, nausea, vomiting, then it is quite possible that the development of an abscess.
For treatment it is necessary: bed rest, taking antibiotics. It is forbidden to do prostate massage, taking medications to normalize blood circulation.
Which medicine is better to use? Preparations for the treatment of acute prostatitis - Cavinton, Detralex, Trental. The operation is performed if the patient cannot empty the bladder himself. Anesthetics for the treatment of prostatitis - Ibuproben, Ketoprofen.
Prostatitis is a disease characterized by the development of an inflammatory process in the prostate. The disease is usually provoked by pathogenic microbes that enter the gland from the urethra, bladder, intestines or with the flow of blood, lymph. Infection provokes the development of inflammation. There are actually many reasons for the development of prostatitis. Predisposing factors are:
- persistent constipation
- body hypothermia,
- sedentary lifestyle,
- STDs or urological pathologies,
- chronic diseases in the body,
- abstinence from sexual intercourse or, conversely, numerous sexual relationships,
- violation of the immune system,
Chronic prostatitis can be of several types:
- latent, accompanied by chronic pelvic pain,
- asymptomatic inflammatory
Before prescribing drugs for the treatment of chronic prostatitis in men, the doctor must determine the type of pathology and find out the cause of its appearance.
To establish how to treat chronic prostatitis, the doctor must examine the man and find out the cause of the disease, its form. First, the doctor studies the history and conducts an examination, rectal examination of the organ. He takes the secret of the prostate for research. TRUSI, laboratory blood and urine tests are also prescribed.
When examining the secretion of the gland, the sensitivity of pathogenic microbes to various antibacterial drugs is established. Without this, it is impossible to prescribe effective drugs for chronic prostatitis.
The chronic form of the disease occurs with periods of remission and relapse for a long time. But, according to urologists, this disease can be cured, but only if the disease is not started. But even in severe cases, it is possible to alleviate the patient's condition, to transfer the disease to the stage of remission.
In urology, several groups of drugs are used to treat this form of the disease. Treatment in this case should be comprehensive. The following groups of medicines are allocated:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),
- alpha blockers
- bioregulatory peptides,
- muscle relaxants
- herbal devices.
Drugs for the treatment of chronic prostatitis must include antibiotics. This is necessary to suppress pathogenic microflora. The doctor prescribes the medicine based on the results of the tests.
These medications eliminate the cause of the disease. Today in urology, several groups of antibacterial drugs are used.
These drugs are often used, as they are characterized by high bioavailability, an extensive spectrum of action, resistance to the acidic environment of the stomach, and the lowest toxicity of all existing antibiotics. Proper use of the drug eliminates the risk of adverse reactions.
In urology, such penicillins are used:
- Amoxiclav inhibits the activity of gram-positive anaerobes and aerobes, gram-negative anaerobes and aerobes. And many other bacteria. Gently take the drug strictly at the same time twice a day. The course of therapy is about one week. The price of the drug is about one hundred and twenty rubles.
- Flemoxin - acid-resistant antibiotic, affects many pathogenic microbes. The drug is taken two or three times a day. The exact dosage will tell the doctor. The cost of the medicine is two hundred and thirty rubles.
- Augmentin contains penicillin and beta-lactamase blockers. The price of the medicine is three hundred and ninety rubles.
All drugs in this group can be combined with other drugs. When taken together with other antibiotics, penicillins are weakened.
Such drugs for chronic prostatitis in men can be used in the third and fourth generation. Such drugs are characterized by a wide spectrum of action, high bactericidal activity, high resistance to beta-lactamases, in comparison with preparations of the penicillin group. The doctor may prescribe the following medicines:
- «» able to eliminate purulent infection. Pain and unpleasant symptoms disappear on the second day. The drug is available in the form of injections, which are very painful, so the drug is prescribed infrequently. Its cost per injection is about twenty rubles. The course of treatment should last at least ten days.
- Maxipip - lactam antibiotic. Before use, you need to make a skin test for tolerance to the drug. The course of treatment is usually five days. Its cost is about three hundred and sixty rubles per package.
Usually these are natural antibiotics that have an antimicrobial effect on active and inactive bacteria. The higher the concentration of the active substance in the blood, the stronger the drug has an effect. The drugs of this group are distinguished by the absence of allergic reactions, low toxicity, but high nephrotoxicity. Therefore, the doctor must correctly calculate the dosage of the drug before its appointment. He can write:
- Amikacin has high activity to gram-negative microbes. But it does not affect anaerobic bacteria. It is prescribed in severe cases. The course of therapy is one week. The price of the medicine is forty rubles,
- Gentamicin - a remedy for chronic prostatitis, is prescribed if there are several types of pathogenic bacteria in the gland or when they could not be determined. The drug is quite powerful, so it must be used under the supervision of a urologist. The price of the drug is about fifty rubles for ten injections.
These drugs are not often prescribed, usually only when NSAIDs do not produce the desired effect. In most cases, the doctor prescribes such medicines to patients:
- Prednisolone - glucocorticosteroid, which has an anti-inflammatory effect. Its use should not be long. The price is forty rubles for three ampoules,
- Dexamethasone - a corticosteroid, a semisynthetic hormone of the adrenal gland, helps to increase immunity, has an anti-inflammatory effect. Typically, the drug is prescribed in a course of one to three days, otherwise there is a high risk of complications. The medicine is available in the form of injections that need to be done once a day. The price is two hundred rubles.
Such medications help to relax the muscle tissue of the urinary canal, the neck of the urea, which leads to an improvement in the outflow of urine. These drugs do not treat the disease, but eliminate its symptoms, in particular, urinary retention in acute or chronic form. Typically, such remedies for chronic prostatitis are used:
- Omnix - a drug that is used for a long period of time. Unlike other drugs, it does not affect blood pressure, so it can be prescribed to men of old age. Its cost is four hundred rubles,
- "Silodozin" In addition to prostatitis, it can also be used for prostate adenoma. In a short time, the medicine can improve the function of emptying the bladder. Apply it for a long time. Cost - seven hundred rubles.
These drugs eliminate spasm of vascular muscles, improve blood flow, eliminate pain, improve the outflow of prostate secretion. Such funds are usually used from two to five days. They include “No-shpu”, “Baralgin”.
Muscle relaxants and bioregulatory peptides
Drug treatment of chronic prostatitis in men with the help of such drugs allows you to relax muscles in the genital area, eliminate pain, normalize the function of urine excretion, normalize metabolic processes in the gland, and accelerate the regeneration of prostate tissue. These funds include, for example, Midokalm, Vitaprost. Therapy can last from ten days to one month.
Such drugs for chronic prostatitis are presented in the form of capsules or solutions. These include "Prostanorm", "Prostamol-Uno" and others. Also, the doctor can advise herbal preparations, decoctions and infusions of them. Such drugs help to obtain effective results of complex therapy. The course of treatment should be at least one month.
Other treatments for prostatitis
In addition to drug therapy, it is necessary to massage the prostate gland, take immunomodulators, and engage in physical activity. The doctor can prescribe physiotherapy sessions to normalize the functionality of the gland. It is also necessary to eat right. Your doctor will tell you which diet to follow.
Only an integrated approach will help get rid of chronic prostatitis. This disease is treated for a long time, but with all the prescriptions, it is possible to get rid of it forever. In severe cases, prolonged remission is possible.
Pathogenetic preparations contain alpha-blockers, eliminate spasm of the prostate gland, prostate smooth muscle, relieve sphincter edema, which helps to improve the release of physiological fluids. Pathogenetic medications for the treatment of prostatitis are prescribed for men with impaired urination. It is recommended that you take medications for the prostate for at least 6 months to achieve a lasting result.
The following drugs for the treatment of prostatitis containing alpha-blockers are prescribed both for the disease itself and for prevention:
- Flomax. It is prescribed for the treatment and expansion of the prostate. Contraindication is high blood pressure.
- Kardura. It has a beneficial effect on the lipid profile of the blood, improves erectile function. It has a large list of contraindications.
- Guitrin. It acts identically to Cardura and Flomax.
- Omnic. Eliminates dysuric manifestations of prostatitis and benign tumors.
- Tamsulosin. The medicine relieves muscle spasm, urinary tract irritation. After 2 weeks of taking the drug, a therapeutic effect is observed.
- Urorek. Assign with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Renal failure is a contraindication. When used, diarrhea, dizziness, nasal congestion are observed.
- Silodozin. While taking the medicine, there are abnormalities in the process of ejaculation, but they disappear after stopping the drug. The effect of its use lasts for 1 year.
- Peponen. It is prescribed for treatment and prophylactic administration with an enlarged prostate.
- Cernilton. A herbal preparation is prescribed to reduce prostate edema. Improves an erectile condition. Contraindications are not noted.
- Doxazosin. It has a vasodilating, antispasmodic, antihypertensive effect. It is administered intravenously. There are application restrictions.
- Terazosin. Expands large vessels, relaxes the smooth muscles lining the prostate, reduces the symptoms of urination disorders with prostate adenoma.
- Tamsulosin. It has a pronounced effect on the smooth muscles of the urethra. Possible decrease in blood pressure. Undesirable effects on the part of the body on the drug may occur.
When taking alpha-blockers, a decrease in blood pressure, dizziness, delayed or lack of ejaculation is observed. Contraindication for taking all tablets is renal failure. Depending on the presence or absence of contraindications in drugs, it is determined what to drink with prostatitis in men.
Muscle relaxants have the same effect with alpha-blockers. They relax the muscles of the perineum, which are in constant tension with prostatitis. Relaxing drugs relieve pain by reducing pressure on the pelvic area.
In combination with medicinal muscle relaxants, it is possible to prescribe phytotherapeutic agents based on medicinal herbs. They help reduce prostate edema, inflammation, restore the movement of physiological fluids.
Symptomatic and concomitant medications
Symptomatic and concomitant tablets from the prostate contribute to the restoration of mental balance. These include the following groups of drugs:
- Painkillers - muscle relaxants can relieve sensations of acute pain in the lower abdomen. Analgin, Aspirin, Ibupropen, Diclofenac, Nimesulide, Meloxicam, Novocaine, No-shpa, Ketorolac, Baclofen - what you need to take with prostatitis. Preparations for the treatment of prostatitis are prescribed by the doctor in an individual dosage.
- Hormonal drugs normalize the hormonal background of a man by lowering the level of testosterone - the hormone. It contributes to the growth of prostate tissue, medications are prescribed when painkillers do not bring the proper result. The hormonal drug Dexamethasone is prescribed for 1-3 days, the drugs Prednisolone and Solu-medrol are prescribed for a course of no more than a month.
- Soothing pills for prostatitis are a sedative, prescribed for patients in a depressed state due to a decrease in the quality of life.
- The vitamins taken by the patient contribute to the normalization of metabolism, restoration of the physiological functions of the body, strengthening immunity, weakened by the use of antibiotics and the disease. Sometimes they are prescribed for the prevention of prostatitis.
- Immunomodulators. Assigned to restore the patient’s immune status when taking antibiotics and prolonged treatment with other drugs to treat the prostate (Viferon, Galavit, Genferon, Derinat, Interferon, Immunofan, Likopid, Polyoxidonium, Timogen, Transfer Factor, Cycloferon).
- Homeopathic medicines. Representative - Afala. Normalizes metabolic processes and blood circulation in the gland.
The medical industry produces various pills for prostatitis, the treatment of which can be successful with an objective medical approach. A man cured the disease if the prostate gland has normal sizes and all the functions of the genitourinary system are restored.
What medicines to take with prostatitis, if there is chlamydia and mycoplasma?
Without a doubt, tetracyclines, because it is the drugs from this group that will help to cope with ailments.
- Tetracycline - tablets. Dose 250 mg. at a time, up to 1000 mg. per day.
- Doxycycline - tablets. Dose 100 mg. at a time, up to 200 mg. per day.
They penetrate perfectly into the tissue of the prostate and accumulate. No drugs of choice. Good against mycoplasma, ureaplasma, chlamydia, gram + and gram bacteria.
So, let's see what means and how to treat prostatitis with drugs of this group:
- Oflaxacin - 200 mg capsules., 400 mg. Per day are taken once.
- Ciprofloxacin pills, injections. Dose 200 mg, 400 mg. at a time. up to 800 mg. per day.
When choosing a drug from prostatitis in men it should be understood that there are a huge number of them, and all exterminate harmful microorganisms. Broad-spectrum antibiotics act on any pathogens, but much more effective drugs, sharpened by the creators for specific microorganisms. Specialized antibiotics fight fine against certain types of microbes.
Messy, taking drugs to treat prostatitis at random only harms the healing process. Microbes adapt to new brands faster than pharmaceutical companies manage to change them.
What you read in the reference book about a very effective medicine of twenty years ago is most likely hopelessly outdated today. Individual addiction also occurs in the body of a particular patient, if he had previously used this antibiotic.
therefore doctors do not rush to prescribe an antibiotic, first, prostate juice analysis is performed to identify the pathogen. Thereafter an analysis is done to determine the reaction this pathogen specifically in the body of this patient on a number of antibiotics most suitable for its extermination.
General recommendations for taking antibiotics. Antibiotics exterminate not only harmful microorganisms, but also native microflora. After taking them, it is recommended that you take probiotics to restore it.
Acute infectious prostatitis is treated with specialized antibiotics in three to five weeks. with timely handling. The effect of taking medication is already felt in the first days.
If you follow the medication regimen, the patient fully recovers. At the end of the course, they re-take tests.
If pathogens are detected, the course is repeated.
It is FORBIDDEN to reduce dosages, to suspend reception is FORBIDDEN, even if you think that there is no need to recover and continue to be treated. If you do so, the unfinished enemy will return!
Do not try to prescribe antibiotic treatment of the prostate, based on the foregoing. An individual treatment regimen will be determined only by a doctor.
Strong antibiotics kill not only prostate bacteria, but also sperm. If you intend to use your livestock for conception, get used to the idea that this will succeed no earlier than six months after the end of their intake.
Now that you know more about the treatment of prostatitis in men, drugs that can be used for inflammation, let's talk about other means of recovery.
What medicines to take with prostatitis in men? The following is a list of the most effective drugs for treating prostatitis in men:
- What to drink with prostatitis in men to improve urination? Alpha-1-blockers (capsules, tablets): tamsulosin, omnic, doxazosin. Effective with simultaneous disease of prostatitis and prostate adenoma.
- How to treat prostate inflammation if immunity is lowered? For the development of immunity, interferon is used., tactivin, levamisole, sodium nucleinate, methyluracil.
- What medicines treat prostatitis and have a minimum of contraindications? The action of herbal remedies, weaker than chemical, but harmless, has significantly fewer contraindications. They are recommended for prevention, remission.
- What to take from prostatitis to normalize blood circulation? Injections of the complex drug "Prostatilen"They restore tissue, strengthen the immune system.
- Magnetic with barium ferrite.
- Prostatitis, its infectious complications.
- Individual intolerance to the composition.
- Hepatic, renal failure.
- Diseases of the internal organs.
- Old age.
- Ointment "Finalgon" activates the reaction of enzymes, normalizes metabolic processes in the gland. Sometimes it causes a strong reaction, it is not worth using it yourself.
- Ekado Cream with camphor oil kills harmful microbes, sparing beneficial microflora, dilutes the secretion of the prostate, stabilizes the process of urination. No contraindications noted.
- Non-steroids used to relieve acute pain. "Ketorolac" is used once with especially severe pain in the perineum. For moderate symptoms, diclofenac (best), meloxicam, ibuprofen, and ketoprofen are used. These drugs are used in the form of injections, suppositories, tablets.
By means of suppositories, the effectiveness of therapy is increased due to a better delivery of medications to the gland compared to oral administration. Suppository candles the main component are coconut oil to speed up the passage of medicines through the intestinal wall.
According to the composition of the active substance, they are divided into:
For more information about suppositories from prostatitis, see the following video:
Now that you know what medications to treat prostatitis in men, it's time to talk about men’s prostate surgery.
Enema and microclysters
What helps with prostatitis at home? Warming enemas with decoctions of sage, string, chamomile.
Enemas are indicated when the patient needs to avoid the harmful effects of drugs. on the digestive tract, liver, you need a quick effect.
Contraindicated in pain in the abdomen, perineum, groin.
What drugs to treat prostatitis? Ointments and creams:
Medications for treating inflammation of the prostate
How to treat prostatitis in men with medication? Today, there are many areas of treatment, however, the standard treatment regimen for prostatitis is based on the priority use of antibiotic therapy.
Antibiotics for the treatment of prostatitis are prescribed taking into account the sensitivity analysis.
What drugs are better to take with prostatitis?
Most popular: Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, Oxytetracycline, Doxycycline, Oxacillin, Ampicillin.
The course of antibiotic therapy can last from 6 to 12 weeks, while one drug can be replaced by another or two drugs are used immediately. Everything is strictly individual. If an infectious agent is not detected, then drugs with a wide spectrum of action are used.
Video: "Treatment of prostatitis"
The doctor takes into account that gram-negative bacteria often cause prostatitis, so he chooses the appropriate antibiotic. In addition, the drugs selected for the treatment of prostatitis must accumulate in the prostate gland, and create in it such concentrations in which the pathogens of the inflammatory process die.
What anti-inflammatory drugs for prostatitis are now the most popular? There are a lot of them, we note only those that have the most pronounced therapeutic effect.
List of the most common drugs:
- A common remedy for prostatitis in men - Prostilen. Contains bull prostate extract. It has a beneficial effect on the prostate and other organs, eliminates edema.
- An effective remedy for prostatitis - Prostamol UNO. It has a completely plant origin. The main component in the composition is the Sabal palm fruit extract.
- The best cure for prostatitis in the opinion of many men - Peponen. Created on a plant basis. The main ingredient is pumpkin seed extract. The drug is released in the form of capsules. Drug treatment of prostatitis with this drug showed good results at the initial stage of the disease. One tablet can relieve pain during urination and increase potency.
- The most effective treatment for chronic prostatitis - Prostan. Created on a synthetic basis. Recommended for use by men after 50 years.
- Drug treatment of prostatitis is impossible without taking vitamins. An important point in the treatment regimen is the correction of immunity. A prolonged chronic course of inflammation of the prostate in men with frequent exacerbations is characteristic of individuals with reduced body defenses. Correction of the immune status is individual, for some patients it is enough to prescribe non-specific drugs (vitamin therapy), for others - consultation of an immunologist and active immunostimulation with drugs and procedures.
- The most effective herbal prostatitis medications - Spemann, Fortege, Bangshil. The average duration of treatment with these drugs is 30 days. Peponen also has a quick effect. This anti-inflammatory agent for prostatitis can be purchased at a pharmacy without a prescription.
The next component that includes the prostatitis treatment regimen is alpha-blocker. These drugs relax the smooth muscles of the prostate gland, the urethra and the bladder, as a result of which the outflow of urine is normalized, nightly getting up to the toilet, frequent urges to urinate are retreating.
What is the best way to eliminate pain, what drugs? With severe pain in the groin and perineum, pain medication, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed.
Candles also occupy a strong place in the treatment of prostatitis.intended for introduction by the patient into the rectum. They may contain propolis, an extract from the prostate of cattle. In any case, their application has a local improvement in the process.
To get rid of chronic prostatitis, a comprehensive treatment of prostatitis with medicines and physical procedures is necessary. This process is very long and requires a lot of effort. To avoid this disease, you need to check the prostate gland annually.
Why should prostatitis be treated?
The disease is dangerous with its consequences, which can be varied and not very encouraging.. The acute phase is dangerous for the development of an abscess of the prostate gland. The chronic phase is a later danger - sclerosis of the prostate, when the tissue of the prostate gland is replaced by scars, and this leads to wrinkling and a decrease in the size of the prostate.
The prostate gland is the center for the production of male sex hormones, which allows men to match this word and feel like men. The glandular tissue of the prostate gland produces prostatic fluid - the secretion of the prostate and sex hormones.
Inflammation of the prostate often leads to impaired sexual functionnegatively affects the formation of male germ cells - spermatogenesis.
Sex hormones protect a man not only from male insolvency, but also prevent the development of atherosclerosis and myocardial infarction, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum. The prostate gland is part of the reproductive system in which primordial male functions are concentrated.
With inflammation of the prostate gland, the secretion of the prostate changes its properties, which negatively affects sexual activity, which varies to varying degrees. As a rule, accelerated ejaculation appears, libido decreases, potency tends to fade.
Often the disease does not pass without a trace, but contributes to the spread of inflammation to neighboring organs: on seminal vesicles, seminal tubercle, testicles and their appendages. Their proximity to the excretory ducts of the prostate causes infection.
Complications such as vesiculitis - inflammation of the seminal vesicles, colliculitis - inflammation of the seminal tubercle, inflammation of the vas deferens are due to the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of men.
With a long course, sperm fertility is impaired, their motor function suffers up to complete immobility, their quantitative and qualitative production is impaired. Violated the patency for sperm along the vas deferens. And this is a direct path to male infertility, the treatment of which, if possible, is very difficult and lengthy.
The presence in the center of the pelvis of a permanent inflammatory focus surrounding the urinary system and intestines contributes to the spread of inflammation to neighboring pelvic organs. As a result, new foci of infection appear: chronic pyelonephritis, cystitis - inflammation of the bladder, colitis.
Inflammation of the prostate creates problems that are absolutely not commensurate with its size. Prostatitis reduces immunity and can negate the body's defenses. Therefore, prostatitis requires treatment and preventive measures.
Those representatives of a strong half of humanity who are faced with this problem should contact a urologist in a timely manner and follow the recommendations.
How to supplement the use of drugs?
In addition to drug treatment for patients with prostatitis, the following are prescribed:
- Prostate massage.
- Kegel gymnastics.
- Exercise therapy.
- Doing sports.
- Mud therapy.
- Therapeutic baths.
- Bathhouse, sauna.
- Medicinal herbs, other folk remedies.
The transition to a sedentary sedentary lifestyle characteristic of the 21st century has caused the spread of prostatitis of various forms and genesis. Medicines have been and remain the most effective way to treat it., they are appointed by a urologist.
Other prostate therapies are used as complementary and reinforcing. We hope that our article helped you answer the question: "What is better to take from prostatitis?"
More information on anti-prostatitis medications can be seen in the following videos: