Treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil: at what stages to use, contraindications
In our century, more and more people are faced with such a problem as hemorrhoids. This is due to poor ecology, a sedentary lifestyle, and malnutrition. This ailment occurs due to varicose veins of the hemorrhoid plexus. This leads to the formation of hemorrhoidal nodes and their bulging. Hemorrhoids bring their owner a great discomfort, which is expressed in pain and bleeding during bowel movements. In the advanced state of the disease, the cones bulge out constantly, and the person begins to feel discomfort, even sitting on a chair. In addition, such a disease can lead to serious complications, which can even cause death.
To cope with this problem, patients often go for a variety of methods. However, at the initial stages of its development, alternative treatment used together with the main therapy can be very effective. One option may be the treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil.
The healing properties of castor oil
Castor oil is a product that is used to treat a variety of ailments. Its popularity is due to its high efficiency and natural composition. It is worth noting that this ingredient is part of some pharmacy products. This oil has a rich composition. Thanks to him, it has a lot of useful properties.
- Such a product has a laxative effect. Thanks to this effect, it can be used to quickly and efficiently cleanse the intestines.
- Also oil has softening and moisturizing effect. This property allows to increase the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels. It is explained by the high content of linoleic and ricinolivic acids. These same components have a disinfecting effect.
- The regenerative property of the product helps to speed up the healing of damaged areas. It is this property that makes it popular with a large number of various ailments. It is due to the high content of vitamins E and B.
- It also has an antipruritic effect. The analgesic effect of castor oil makes it possible to eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
- Palmitic acid allows beneficial trace elements to penetrate and be absorbed in the body, while oleic acid improves metabolism and prevents cell dehydration.
Castor oil for hemorrhoids
The liquid in question is produced from castor oil seeds of the common cold pressing method. After cleaning and refining, the drug is poured into capsules or glass bottles and in this form reaches the consumer.
The composition includes:
- Oleic acid
- Linoleic acid,
- Ricinoleic acid.
Castor oil does not form a film and does not dry out. Designed for indoor or outdoor use. If castor is used in a timely manner, the acute symptoms of hemorrhoids will disappear.
How does this happen:
- The most outstanding quality of a liquid is its pronounced laxative effect.
Thanks to the tool, the intestines are gently released from feces, all kinds of toxins and toxins accumulated inside it.
Fecal masses soften, so they easily and gradually leave the male body, eliminating constipation.
When it enters the stomach, the liquid releases ricinoleic acid, which acts on the walls of the mucous membrane.
The walls of the intestine during contraction quickly move the stool out.
Hemorrhoidal nodes, inflamed, bleed. The blood flow during straining increases. That is why a person tries to visit the toilet less often. But this also leads to negative consequences. Constipation begins to appear more often and is progressing more severely. Castor oil has a beneficial effect on the male body and allows you to solve this problem in a short period of time.
What stages of the disease can be used?
Castor, as they call this drug in the people, can actively contribute to the cure of hemorrhoids at its initial stage. The most important thing is not to start the disease and not bring the body to a truly critical state. As soon as itching and burning appeared - the first symptoms of the disease, you need to immediately take action.
If we are talking about a more advanced stage, then here alone castor oil is not enough. The tool will help alleviate the condition of the patient, but it will still require the intervention of a doctor and serious medication.
Also, learn more here about how hemorrhoids look in men and how to treat them.
Healing composition of castor oil
Castor oil or castor oil, as it is often called by the people, is obtained by hot or cold pressing of castor berries, which are rich in oils. Probably, many people know that this plant contains a poisonous substance - ricin, but this extraction technology allows you to save oil from it. Therefore, the finished product consists solely of useful components with therapeutic effects.
Castor (ricin) oil is a thick viscous liquid, yellow in color with an unexpressed aroma and specific taste. But given the rather unpleasant taste of this substance, pharmacists created castor in gelatin capsules. Also, ricin oil is part of the well-known Vishnevsky ointment.
Castor oil contains glycerin, proteins, alkaloids, pectins, minerals, triglycerides, vitamins B and E. Also, the product is rich in fatty acids, namely:
- palmitic, which facilitates the intake of minerals and vitamins,
- oleic, activating the metabolism in the body and moisturizing the skin,
- ricinoleic, with antibacterial and emollient effects,
- linoleic, nourishing and moisturizing skin,
- stearic, protecting the skin from aggressive factors.
Thanks to these components, ricin oil has the following medicinal properties:
How will castor oil help with hemorrhoids?
A wide range of therapeutic effects allows the use of castor in the treatment of hemorrhoids. External use of this product allows you to perform the following therapeutic tasks:
- reduce the severity of inflammation in the tissues of the anus,
- clean the surface of cracks,
- relieve soreness and itching in the anus,
- disinfect the skin of the anus,
- prevent the development of infectious complications of hemorrhoids,
- accelerate the healing of cracks, ulcers and erosion,
- moisturize and soften the skin of the anal area.
Castor oil can also be taken orally for constipation, as it normalizes peristalsis, softens stool and facilitates bowel movements.
In what cases can castor be used for hemorrhoids?
With hemorrhoids, ricin oil is advisable to use for inflammation of the nodes, anal itching, cracked anus, anal eczema and constipation.Also, the product can be an excellent prophylactic if they lubricate the skin around the anal ring after each bowel movement and washing.
Despite the fact that castor oil is a natural product, it can be used only after consultation with a professional - a proctologist. In addition, it is not necessary in the treatment of hemorrhoids to be limited only to castor oil, because its effectiveness will not be enough to completely cure the disease.
Castor has been used for many years as a laxative. But this product has a powerful enough pronative effect, therefore, with an overdose it can cause diarrhea, which is also undesirable for hemorrhoids. Adults can drink no more than two tablespoons of castor oil per day or take inside no more than 15-30 gelatin capsules. For children, the daily dose of castor oil should not exceed 10 ml. It is also not recommended to use this product for longer than three days, as it can be addictive.
The effect after taking castor oil occurs in 5-6 hours, so it is better to drink it in the morning and on the day off.
As we already mentioned, ricin oil has a specific unpleasant taste, so it is better to dilute it with milk, green tea and juice, or mix with liquid honey.
Local treatment with castor oil
Methods of external use of castor oil are the most effective and appropriate for this delicate disease. Ricin is especially useful for anal fissures, ulcers, and erosion. And remember that the measures described below should be carried out only after bowel movements and washing with warm water. Well, of course, after consultation with a proctologist.
Compresses. For this procedure, you need a piece of gauze, folded in several layers, which you need to soak in 30 ml of castor oil, attach to a sore spot and fix with a band-aid. The compress is done before bedtime and left overnight.
Rectal inserts. This method is probably the easiest, because you just need to buy castor capsules at the pharmacy and add them one at a time to the anal canal 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days. But this treatment option is suitable exclusively for rectal hemorrhoids.
Baths. The procedure is carried out in this way: in a wide bowl you need to pour three liters of water at a temperature of 37-38 ° C, then add 15 ml of castor oil. Next, you need to sit in a bowl so that the liquid covers the anus. The procedure is performed daily at bedtime for 15 minutes. The course of treatment is one week.
Castor oil is also an excellent moisturizer, so they need to lubricate the skin around the anus in the morning and evening, as well as after each bowel movement. This procedure will help to avoid the appearance of cracks and to disinfect the skin of the anal area.
Possible side effects and contraindications
Unfortunately, even medicines donated by nature can cause allergies in patients. When ingested castor oil, Quincke's edema, anaphylactic shock and bronchospasm may develop.
For external use, the individual intolerance of this product is mainly manifested by local symptoms, such as itching, burning, redness, urticaria, swelling or contact dermatitis in the anus, but the risk of developing systemic reactions is not excluded.
Also, when ingestion of castor oil, diarrhea may occur, therefore, the dosage of the drug must be strictly observed. In severe cases, an overdose of castor oil is manifested by dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and even hallucinations or fainting.
There are also conditions in which the internal use of ricin is strictly contraindicated, namely:
- pregnancy (miscarriage or premature birth can begin)
- under 12 years old
- intoxication with benzene and phosphorus compounds,
- severe renal and hepatic impairment,
- chronic diseases of the digestive tract in the acute phase.
During a consultation with a specialist about the use of castor oil, the doctor will determine and rule out the presence of contraindications, which will reduce the risk of side effects. Also, a proctologist will give recommendations on how to correctly use this oil for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Where to buy and how much does castor oil cost?
Castor oil can be bought on the Internet, oil markets and pharmacies, but a pharmaceutical drug will be better.
The drug is available in the form of pure ricin oil, which is available in glass bottles of 30 grams, as well as in the form of capsules coated with gelatin. The average cost of classic castor oil is 40 rubles per bottle, and ricin capsules - 120 rubles per package.
As a result, we can say that castor oil is an excellent addition to the main treatment for hemorrhoids, the effectiveness of which is confirmed by numerous positive reviews of patients. With this product, you can reduce inflammation in the anus, relieve soreness and itching, heal cracks and prevent infectious complications. The main thing is to first consult with a proctologist and correctly perform all the procedures, following the above instructions.
Leave feedback on the treatment of castor oil hemorrhoids, because your experience will be useful to other readers of our site.
Composition and medicinal properties
Castor oil, which is used in medicine, is produced by cold pressing. Despite the fact that castor oil is a plant poisonous to humans due to ricin, which is part of it, it does not enter the final product.
The composition of castor oil includes fatty acids:
The above acids, which are contained in the product, are active natural components, it is they together or in various combinations that provide castor with its healing properties.
Yellow, transparent oily liquid is used in medicine, both in folk and traditional, externally and orally. Hemorrhoids - a disease caused by stagnation of blood and varicose veins of hemorrhoidal veins, is often triggered by prolonged frequent constipation. Castor is characterized by a pronounced laxative effect. Thanks to the intake of castor oil, feces become softer, do not injure the intestinal mucosa, and the irritating effect of ricinoleic acid on the intestinal walls contributes to their rapid promotion and removal. This is very important to alleviate the condition of the patient, especially at the beginning of the development of the disease.
The external use of castor oil is based on its qualities, which help to actively fight inflammation, soften, tone the skin, accelerate regeneration, heal small cracks, improve blood circulation, and reduce rectal bleeding. Castor oil is one of the components of Vishnevsky ointment.
How to apply castor oil
Castor oil is used in the treatment of hemorrhoids as an effective means inside (oral), externally - compresses, lotions, in the form of suppositories, in therapeutic baths. When administered, acts as a reliable laxative. A single dose is 20-30 mg or 20-30 capsules. Children, respectively, 10 mg or 10 capsules. The result is achieved on average after 5-6 hours. This must be taken into account and be at this moment not far from the toilet. Better if it will be a day off. Doctors advise taking only high-quality pharmacy castor oil inside to avoid negative consequences and side effects.
For more than three days in a row, drinking the drug is not recommended. It can cause severe, ongoing diarrhea, contribute to dehydration (dehydration) of the body. It tastes unpleasant, so you can add castor oil to milk or tea to drink it without disgust.For the same purpose, a small amount of orange or grapefruit juice can serve. To facilitate the ingestion of castor oil, its capsules were made in a gelatin shell. They are easier to take, especially for sensitive patients and children.
To make a compress or lotion, it is necessary to moisten copiously with a clean cloth, gauze, cotton pad and attach to a sore spot. Such a compress can be kept for a long time, the main thing is to periodically refresh the oil and fix the fabric with the help of a holding bandage or special linen. Such compresses reduce pain, accelerate the healing of cracks, soothe the irritated area, and play the role of an antiseptic.
Castor oil capsules can be used as rectal suppositories. They are simply injected into the rectum, preferably at night. But the pharmaceutical industry produces suppositories, which also include castor oil. It is also added to medicinal baths at the rate of 15 drops per 4 liters of warm water. Such a sitz bath is taken before the water cools, it is recommended to do this in the morning for 7-10 days. The procedure relieves pain, reduces "bumps", stops rectal bleeding.
You can lubricate hemorrhoids, the area around the anus is heated with castor oil warm to a warm state. This action also reduces pain, relieves itching and irritation. Perform the procedure after emptying the bowels and hygienic procedures, on a clean body, you can twice a day: morning and evening.
Castor can be used as part of microclysters with internal hemorrhoids as an emollient, analgesic, disinfectant, enveloping agent. But in case of rectal bleeding, such enemas are prohibited.
Reception of castor oil, as one of the means for the treatment of hemorrhoids, is effective only at its initial stage. In the future, or in the case of an advanced disease, its use should be part of complex therapy.
Experts do not recommend the use of castor as a remedy for hemorrhoids to pregnant women, nursing mothers, infants, often children under 12 years old. Castor oil can cause uterine contractions and severe diarrhea, which threatens a woman with a miscarriage or severe dehydration. For the same reason, castor should not be given to young children. For them, dehydration can be deadly.
You can not drink the remedy for patients with kidney diseases, as well as those who have an allergic reaction or individual intolerance to the fatty acids and other substances that make up castor oil. It is forbidden to use castor oil for people with bowel obstruction, if there is a suspicion of appendicitis, uterine bleeding, food poisoning.
Therapy with castor hemorrhoids at the initial stage finds positive reviews from those who are ashamed to immediately see a doctor. But any treatment, even such an inexpensive and simple remedy as castor oil, must be approached responsibly and after consulting a specialist. For example, a coloproctologist. Uncontrolled intake of the drug can provoke severe diarrhea, the body’s addiction to a laxative, intestinal atony. In the future, dehydration, dizziness, even hallucinations, problems and malfunctions of the digestive tract may develop.
During the treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil, it is necessary to refrain from alcohol and smoking, so as not to irritate the intestinal walls. Reception is supplemented by dietary nutrition, which is important to observe throughout life, even with a cured gastrointestinal disease.
Hemorrhoids often occur in people whose activity is associated with prolonged sitting. To avoid it, you need to move more, during breaks do physical exercises with a moderate load. If the disease develops, then self-medication is unacceptable. You need to see a doctor, overcoming constraint.He will prescribe the necessary examination, select appropriate therapy. The main thing is not to delay so that the consequences do not become critical. Castor oil is not a panacea for hemorrhoids, although it helps to cope with unpleasant symptoms at the initial stage. This should be followed by conservative treatment under the supervision of a physician.
The information on our website is provided by qualified doctors and is for informational purposes only. Do not self-medicate! Be sure to contact a specialist!
Gastroenterologist, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences. Prescribes diagnostics and conducts treatment. Expert of the group for the study of inflammatory diseases. The author of more than 300 scientific papers.
When the first signs of hemorrhoids appear, a person usually does not pay attention to them, which leads to serious consequences over time. Although it is in the initial stage of the disease, castor oil can provide significant assistance in treating the disease. The treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil is recommended to begin before a serious inflammatory process has begun, and the hemorrhoidal nodes have already come out.
Due to the pronounced laxative effect of castor oil, a soft cleansing of the intestine from feces, toxins and deposited toxins occurs. Under the influence of castor oil components, the intestinal content softens and leaves the body painlessly, which eliminates constipation. Moreover, due to the anti-inflammatory effect, the inflammatory process takes place, swelling goes away, blood circulation improves under the influence of oil, blood clots accumulated on the walls of the intestinal mucosa begin to liquefy, the cracks heal, and the cones disappear.
There are some other benefits of using castor oil to treat hemorrhoids. The natural origin of the oil minimizes the risk of possible complications, side and allergic manifestations. Therefore, those patients who are contraindicated in the use of chemically synthesized drugs, or those who seek to avoid surgical intervention, prefer the use of a natural natural remedy.
However, it is worth noting that treatment should begin at the initial stage of the disease, with the appearance of the first symptoms of hemorrhoids:
- the appearance of itching and burning in the anus,
- stool change: constipation or diarrhea,
- the appearance of pain or discomfort in the lower intestine,
- the appearance of bloody discharge.
If you have such symptoms, treatment should be started immediately, without waiting for more serious symptoms and not bringing the situation to a critical state, when expensive treatment or surgery will become inevitable.
In the recent past, castor oil or castor oil (as it is also called) was a nightmare for almost all children: it was used as a cure for all diseases: starting from a sore throat and ending with more serious ailments.
Fortunately, modern medicine has taken a big step in therapy, but in some cases only castor oil will help in the fight against the disease and facilitate its course. The most valuable is the oil obtained by cold pressing. As a result of this isolation method, a high nutrient oil is obtained.
Due to its unique therapeutic properties, castor oil is still used in folk medicine as an anti-inflammatory, disinfectant.
- In the treatment of joints (arthritis, rheumatism). The fatty acids that make up castor oil pass through the skin to the affected joints, while they relieve inflammation and pain.
- Ricinoleic acid in castor oil has a beneficial effect on women's health: it is able to normalize the menstrual cycle and remove pain during menstruation.
An indispensable drug for pain during critical days
- The substances contained in the oil can stimulate the production of milk in nursing women, but they should not be abused: when breastfeeding, some substances can enter the body of the baby through milk, which can negatively affect their well-being.
- Since castor oil has antimicrobial and emollient properties, it is sometimes used in the treatment of wounds and burns.
- Castor oil for hemorrhoids and anal fissure is used as a disinfectant, anti-inflammatory and softening stool.
These are not all the ways of using castor oil, it is also actively used in cosmetology for dryness and imbalance of the skin, with exfoliated nails, and it is also an excellent stimulator of hair and eyelash growth.
Therapeutic properties for hemorrhoids
Official proctology does not recognize the healing properties of castor oil in the treatment of hemorrhoid cones and anal fissures, but people using this folk remedy say the opposite.
Hemorrhoid cones most often come out as a result of excessive load on the veins located in the rectal mucosa.
The main therapeutic effect of castor oil in the treatment of this ailment is the timely cleansing of the body of feces and a decrease in their effect on the intestinal wall.
In the treatment of external cones and rectal fissures, lotions, baths and castor-based candles are used.
Castor oil is used not only as a laxative. For external use, it is used in the form of lotions, suppositories, baths, and hemorrhoid cones, inflamed nodes and cracks are abundantly lubricated with it. Castor is effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids at the initial stage and will greatly facilitate the course of the disease in advanced cases.
- To eliminate itching and burning during the initial stage of hemorrhoids, you can make a lotion from castor oil. The procedure is best done in the evening, before bedtime. To do this, the bandage folded several times is abundantly moistened in castor oil and applied to the problem place. In order not to stain the underwear or bedding, the bandage on the back side is covered with cling film or plastic bag. The resulting gasket is fixed with adhesive tape or linen, so that the structure does not slip during sleep. The event is repeated every other day for a month. If the improvement has come earlier, lotions can be undone.
Lotions and baths with castor oil are considered effective treatments for the initial stages of hemorrhoids
- To reduce hemorrhoidal nodes inside the rectum, capsules of oil are inserted into it. They are sold at the pharmacy and cost a little more than a bottle with castor oil. If it is not possible to buy oil in capsules, then it is worth trying to make rectal suppositories at home. To do this, 2-3 drops of castor oil are mixed with 15 g of petroleum jelly. Using a foil or cling film, a thick sausage is formed and sent to the refrigerator for several hours to harden. The workpiece is taken out and cut. Then, a little lubricating the rectal opening with oil, carefully insert the resulting candle into the rectum. Since the candle begins to melt under the influence of body heat, it is not recommended to get up for some time, so the procedure is best done before bedtime. To enhance the effect, a few drops of sea buckthorn oil can be added to the workpiece, which is famous for its regenerating properties in anal fissures. Candles are stored in the refrigerator for no more than 1 week. Before inserting a candle into the rectum, you need to empty the intestines, since a candle with oil can provoke bowel movements.
- To make a bath with this product, 15 drops of castor oil are required to pour into 4 liters of warm water (about 40 ° -45 °), stir and pour into a basin convenient for sitting. The bath should be done until the water has cooled. Such a procedure will help relieve external irritation and reduce swelling of the bumps.
- Castor can lubricate cones and small nodules. It will relieve inflammation and remove discomfort.
Oil treatment for hemorrhoids
Oils for the treatment of hemorrhoids are used exclusively for combination therapy, which allows to achieve the desired result.
Depending on the severity of the disease, the doctor may recommend medicines, folk remedies, or a surgical way to solve the problem. Essential oil should be used as an adjunct to essential drugs.
Only through combined drug exposure is it possible to achieve a regression of the disease and get rid of painful symptoms.
Oil from hemorrhoids makes it possible to reduce the severity of pain, eliminate tissue swelling, the inflammatory process, and also accelerate the healing of an injured mucosa.
Tea tree oil for hemorrhoids
The tool has antimicrobial and regenerative effects, which allows you to successfully apply it at the initial stage of the disease.
Oil is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Here are some useful recipes:
it is advisable to use camphor oil for hemorrhoids for “sitting baths” - three drops of an essential agent in 5 liters of warm water. The duration of the procedure is a quarter of an hour,
- external hemorrhoids are allowed to apply undiluted oil for half an hour,
- for internal treatment - it is enough to moisten the swab in oil and inject it rectally for 10 minutes,
- tea tree can be mixed with soybean oil (3:10) and applied to external nodes.
The essential agent is well tolerated. Only occasionally can one notice skin reactions in the form of hyperemia (redness) and burning sensations.
Cedar and fir
To reduce the volume of hemorrhoids, it is recommended to use cedar oil. Clinical relief should be expected within 3 days from the start of therapy.
To prepare suppositories, you need to mix 15 ml of oil, as well as beeswax with butter, a volume 5 times larger than other ingredients. Leave the mixture in a water bath until the components are completely dissolved. Mix thoroughly, pour into molds, and then put in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Suppositories are introduced into the rectum before bedtime. If you use an ointment to treat an external form of pathology, it is enough to store the treatment mixture in the refrigerator and lubricate the nodes once a day, heating it to a comfortable temperature.
Fir oil is a powerful antiseptic, which makes it possible to overcome the infection and reduce inflammation. To a greater extent, the remedy is effective for external cones.
It is used in the form of lotions. So, it is recommended to moisten a napkin with oil, and then apply it to the anus for a quarter of an hour. A similar procedure can be repeated three times a day.
For the preparation of candles, it is enough to mix the oils (fir, cream) with wax, then pour over the containers and freeze. To get the form of a suppository, you can fill in the mixture with a neatly removed plastic shell of a used candle purchased in a pharmacy.
This type of oil has anti-inflammatory, wound healing and decongestant effects. The treatment is used as follows:
lubricate the precipitated hemorrhoids twice a day, which will alleviate pain and reduce their swelling,
- should be moistened with oil swab and injected rectally to soak the internal nodes. The procedure is best done in the evening, which allows the drug to fully absorb and have a therapeutic effect,
- to prepare suppositories, you should peel the raw potatoes and cut out a candle from it. Then soak it in oil (10 hours), after which it is administered rectally overnight.
An essential agent in its composition contains fatty acids, as well as tannins, which in combination provides a powerful disinfectant and anti-inflammatory effect.In addition, sea buckthorn helps to normalize blood flow and strengthen blood vessels, which makes it possible to reduce the risk of thrombosis of nodes.
Oil is allowed for pregnant women. For use, it is enough to apply it to the external hemorrhoidal nodes. For the treatment of the internal form, it is necessary to moisten the swab in the drug and inject it rectally at night.
The enveloping property of the oil provides quick wound healing and reduces the risk of new cracks. To maximize the result of therapy, it is necessary to control the frequency of the stool, thereby preventing constipation.
Milk thistle oil
The healing agent strengthens the vascular wall and stops the bleeding of nodes caused by damage to solid feces. Essential oil contains chlorophyll, which improves intracellular metabolic processes. The wound healing property of the agent provides a quick restoration of tissue integrity, which is necessary to prevent infection.
Externally, milk thistle is used as follows:
- in the form of microclysters, the agent is used in a volume of 50 ml. To do this, it’s enough to inject a small amount of oil into the rectum and lie down for a couple of hours,
So that the essential oil is better absorbed, it is recommended to put a cleansing enema the day before.
- for affected areas of the anus or nodes you can apply a gauze soaked in oil for half an hour.
The oily product is made from cocoa beans, due to which it has a strong anti-inflammatory property. In this regard, the oil is used for painful bowel movements and long-healing wounds in the anal area, for example, cracks in the anus.
The healing substance is used for external lubrication of nodes or oral administration:
- inside it is recommended to use 4 g (a small piece). This will soften feces, facilitate bowel cleansing and rid a person of constipation,
- suppositories are considered effective for rectal administration. For their preparation, it is enough to mix 200 g of oil with 15 g of propolis. All ingredients are heated in the bath until completely melted, and then thoroughly mixed. Now pour the product into the molds and leave it in the freezer. After two hours, you can use the candles, twice a day, introducing them into the intestine.
Hemorrhoids linseed oil
Flaxseed oil is widely prescribed as a medicine for oral administration or topical application. With hemorrhoids, it regulates digestion, improves bowel function and prevents constipation. For the treatment of the external form of pathology, it is recommended to use oil in combination with other medicines.
Here are a few ways to use the remedy:
- to normalize the intestines should be taken 10 ml once / day,
- to reduce the severity of inflammation, you need to lubricate the external bumps twice / day,
- for the treatment of a long non-healing anus crack, oil with Vundehil ointment should be used. The ingredients must be mixed in an equal volume and lubricate the affected areas twice / day. The effect can be seen on the third day from the start of therapy.
Pumpkin seed oil
It is useful not only to add pumpkin to the diet, but also to apply for external application to the pathological focus.
- 5 g should be taken orally on an empty stomach (in the morning),
- for setting a medicinal enema, it is enough to mix 50 g of water with 15 ml of oil. The resulting solution should be injected with a douche at night,
- lubrication of external hemorrhoidal nodes is recommended up to three times / day.
Olive oil for hemorrhoids
Olive oil, usual for us, is used not only in nutrition, but also for medicinal purposes. It can be taken orally or lubricated by external nodes. Thus, stool is normalized, defecation is facilitated, and inflammation of the hemorrhoid cones is reduced.
- to combat constipation, you need to take oil after meals 15 ml three times / day,
- to prepare the ointment, it is enough to mix honey and also oil in equal volumes, and then use it to lubricate cracks or external cones,
- in combination with chamomile oil, the drug can enhance the therapeutic effect and quickly get rid of unpleasant symptoms. The ingredients should be mixed 1: 2, with a larger volume accounted for by olive, after which we lubricate the anus and nodes three times / day.
In the process of treatment, as well as for the prevention of exacerbation of hemorrhoids, it is recommended not only to use natural remedies, but also to monitor the hygiene of the perineum, observe a diet and control the frequency of the stool, avoiding prolonged constipation.
Castor oil treatment for hemorrhoids
One of the most unpleasant diseases, entailing discomfort and many consequences, is hemorrhoids. The so-called driver’s disease, which affects not only drivers.
People of any profession can get sick with hemorrhoids, moreover, both men and women. Castor oil and many other substances are often used for its treatment.
Castor oil is a vegetable-derived oil that is made from castor oil bean and a mixture of acids. The sector of application of this fluid is extensive due to its following properties:
- gives elasticity to your skin and smoothes wrinkles when applied to the skin.
Castor oil is a vegetable oil
But we will talk in more detail about how to use bonfire oil for hemorrhoids.
Before starting treatment, you should understand the causes of this disease and its symptoms. The reasons are:
- large physical exertion to which the vessels are exposed, because of this they expand, as a result of which this unpleasant disease is formed,
- stressful conditions
- problems with constipation
- sedentary work,
Castor oil helps against this disease due to its laxative effect. It contributes to the gentle cleansing of the intestine without harming it.
During internal use of this fluid, it reacts with enzymes to form acid. This contributes to intestinal irritation, resulting in the excretion of feces and cleansing of the intestine. In addition, it softens the discharge, which contributes to a softer bowel movement. The substance is used both internally and externally.
Castor oil helps with this disease due to its laxative effect.
Castor is sold in 2 types: in capsules and in vials.
For treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil to be successful, an adult needs 15 to 30 grams of this substance, depending on the physique.
One capsule corresponds to one gram of liquid, so if you take castor in capsules, then you should drink 15-30 capsules. For children, the dose is less and is 5-10 grams. It is better to wash the capsules with warm tea or milk.
The action of castor from hemorrhoids begins 5-8 hours after its ingestion.
Method 3. Bath
Castor oil for hemorrhoids can be used to prepare baths that provide a moisturizing effect, relieve irritation and help in healing microcracks. To create such a bath, you need to dilute 15 drops in 4 liters of warm water (50 degrees), substitute something to make it comfortable to sit. Use such a bath before cooling water.
Method 4. Lubrication
In the morning and in the evening, after performing hygiene procedures, the anal hole can be lubricated with this liquid, which will help in healing of cracks and wounds, as well as provide a further comfortable pastime.
Each of the described methods is recommended to be used for a week, after which it is necessary to take a break.
Castor oil for hemorrhoids reviews is positive, it is very popular for home treatment. About 90 percent of people using these treatments were satisfied with the result and felt relieved.
But castor oil from hemorrhoids also has negative reviews, there are no more than 5% of them. They mainly say that this method of treatment did not completely relieve them of the problem and has been in effect for quite some time.
But today there is no remedy in the world that would instantly cure this disease.
Castor oil should not be used during breastfeeding.
No matter how good castor oil is, it also has some contraindications. It is not recommended for use in the following cases:
- during pregnancy and lactation,
- if you have serious kidney problems,
- if the child is not 12 years old.
Internal use of castor oil is not recommended for more than 3 consecutive days, and external use for more than 1 week. With prolonged use beyond the indicated time periods, dehydration, indigestion, and certain harm to the intestines are possible. In case of overdose, castor oil causes dizziness, hallucinations and diarrhea. In some people, this remedy also causes an allergic reaction.
Castor oil for hemorrhoids: castor oil treatment reviews
- Castor oil is a substance that is part of many pharmaceutical preparations for hemorrhoids.
- But you can use it at home in various ways to eliminate the symptoms of hemorrhoids in the early stages.
- Reviews confirm - this is an affordable, safe and effective tool.
Castor oil - properties and uses
If the skin does not turn red, there is no rash, then this remedy can be safely used to treat hemorrhoids and other purposes.
Why is popular treatment of hemorrhoids with this substance popular? Castor oil or ether have this effect with an increase and loss of hemorrhoids:
- Relieve inflammation and swelling of the mucosa.
- Destroys infections and bacteria, thereby stopping the development of hemorrhoids.
- It treats and prevents chronic constipation.
Castor oil is also used to eliminate joint inflammation in arthritis, to heal festering wounds, erosions and ulcers, which is also quite important for hemorrhoids.
The treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil can be carried out in two ways: external use and oral administration.
Instructions for use of the drug
Treatment in the later stages of the disease with castor oil is ineffective; surgical treatment is indicated for prolapse and acute inflammation of hemorrhoids.
External treatment is carried out in the following ways:
- Lubrication of cracks and knots. Before the procedure, you should clean your hands and anus, you can wear gloves. A little tool is applied to the finger, then painful places are lubricated. If possible, try to penetrate as deep as possible, but do not damage the nodes,
- Compresses For compresses, castor oil is worn on a cotton swab or piece of clean, soft cloth. The tampon is applied to the anus; sanitary pads can be used to prevent stains on the laundry. You need to put such a compress all night after water procedures, and remove it in the morning,
- Candles As suppositories, you can use ready-made capsules with castor oil. They are just one at a time inserted into the anus as deep as possible. In a warm and humid environment, the gelatin shell of the capsule will dissolve, and the healing oil will begin to act,
- Seated baths. To prepare the bath, you need to heat 2-3 liters of water to a temperature of 50 degrees. Then dissolve 15 drops of castor oil in it. Baths take 15-20 minutes until the water cools down.
Such treatment helps to heal cracks and erosion, reduce the size of hemorrhoidal nodes, eliminate inflammation and swelling, as patients' reviews say.
If you perform any procedure daily for seven days, you can achieve the complete disappearance of itching with hemorrhoids, pain and stop hemorrhoids at the initial stage.
How to take castor oil inside
The treatment of the disease is not only the elimination of local symptoms. With castor oil, you can cure constipation - one of the causes of inflammation and prolapse of the nodes. For this, it must be taken orally. Castor is a very strong laxative, therefore, before starting treatment for hemorrhoids in this way, a doctor’s consultation is necessary, constipation with hemorrhoids can cause a lot of problems.
It is important to find a high-quality drug for internal use, without harmful additives. Otherwise, instead of treatment and improvement, the opposite effect will be obtained. Castor oil should also not be abused, defecation during hemorrhoids should be soft so that tension and injury to the nodes are not allowed.
Castor is taken for hemorrhoids in their pure form, 2-3 drops per day. This is enough to feel the urge to defecate. The course of treatment lasts no more than 3 days, then you need to take a break so that the intestines do not get used to such stimulation and begin to work independently.
This remedy, despite the fact that it belongs to natural ones, is not prescribed for treatment:
- Pregnant and lactating.
- Children under 12 years old.
- Patients suffering from renal failure.
Do not exceed the indicated dosages in order to accelerate recovery. This can lead to such phenomena as nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, hallucinations, loss of consciousness.
In pharmacies, castor oil is dispensed without a prescription, in the form of capsules or liquid in dark glass vials of various sizes. The cost of castor oil per 30 ml is from 40 to 112 rubles, depending on the variety and manufacturer (technical, cosmetic and dietary supplement oil should be distinguished), for 50 laxative capsules - from 92 rubles.
In addition to the basic information, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with an interesting video in this article on the topic of home treatment for hemorrhoids, which many patients are interested in and try to prevent the disease. .
With hemorrhoids, castor oil is also used internally, since the underlying problem of falling out cones is constipation, and excessive tension of the intestine. And castor oil is a powerful laxative, so it should be used in small, very neat doses, literally a couple of drops is enough to relieve stress.
It should be used twice a day, two or three drops, in case of severe constipation with pain and bleeding, you need to go to the hospital and the sooner the better.
Due to its properties, oil helps to remove the consequences, cleansing the gut and the root cause by doing the same.
Also, you need to pay attention to the quality of the oil, as today there are many "chemical" fakes, which in no case can not be used inside.
Castor oil for hemorrhoids
Castor oil for hemorrhoids has a positive effect on the patient due to a number of useful properties. In this case, patients talk about a significant improvement in the general condition of the body, as well as the relief of pain.
If we examine in more detail the effect of this product precisely with hemorrhoids, then a number of healing properties can be distinguished. In the early stages, they can help cope with the disease.
Useful properties of castor oil for hemorrhoids:
- This product relieves inflammation and swelling from the affected area. Thanks to this, the bowel movement is facilitated.
- The hemorrhoidal nodes from which the inflammation is removed are absorbed. The patient ceases to feel the presence of a foreign body in the anus.
Itching and pain go away.
- The regenerating effect of castor oil allows you to heal wounds and cracks formed during the development of the disease. Bleeding stops.
- Significant improvement in blood circulation and metabolic recovery are also observed. This leads to the fact that the cells are better saturated with oxygen and useful trace elements and the healing process is significantly accelerated.
Castor oil allows you to remove the discomfort during hemorrhoids, accelerate the resorption of hemorrhoids, and also contribute to the healing of injuries. However, it is important to understand that as an independent method of treatment, this drug will not lead to complete recovery. However, it can be effectively used as an additional treatment method.
There are many variations consumption of castor oil. This product is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use.
In addition, at the moment it is produced not only in the form of a liquid product, but also in the form of capsules. This greatly facilitates the use of the medicine.
Treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil at home:
- When taking castor oil inside, you need 15-30 grams of liquid. After a few hours, there will be a urge to defecate. Therefore, the drug should be used only where there is an opportunity to calmly empty the intestines.
Acceptance of funds is practiced within 3 days. You can’t do it anymore, because the intestines, laden, will be weaned to work independently and fulfill their duties.
Castor oil for hemorrhoids can be bought at the pharmacy. It is sold in bottles or ampoules. The form of the drug does not affect its effectiveness, so the patient decides for himself what to prefer.
The internal use of the oil is bowel cleansing. The laxative effect of such a drug is strong, but mild. Therefore, it will allow to efficiently and simply cope with the problem.
For internal use, both forms of release of the drug are suitable. That is, it can be used both in the form of capsules and in the form of a liquid. However, the first option is more convenient, since the patient does not feel the taste of the product.
The dose of oil is from fifteen to thirty grams. The easiest way to calculate the dosage of the drug in capsules. After all, each of them contains a gram of the drug. Thus, you need to drink from fifteen to thirty capsules. In liquid form, to achieve the desired effect, you need to drink one or two tablespoons of castor oil.
You can wash the product with plain water. However, you can also use tea or warm milk. If desired, castor oil can be dissolved in a liquid.
Using this method of eliminating constipation, it is important not to harm yourself. Therefore, castor oil can be used no more than once every three days. Otherwise, you can develop persistent diarrhea.
Lubrication of the hemorrhoids
This method consists in lubricating the cones with oil. To do this, use the product in liquid form.
Before you begin the procedure, you need to cleanse the intestines. This can be done as described above.
It is also necessary to observe the rules of hygiene. Before lubricating the unit, wash and thoroughly wash your hands. Long nails in this case are unacceptable.
The finger must be dipped in oil and gently enter it into the anus. Having felt the hemorrhoidal cone, it must be lubricated.
The procedure is carried out in the morning and in the evening. The entire course of treatment lasts for a month. However, even if the chic disappeared earlier, it is still better to finish the course.
Castor oil candles are very effective. They suggest the introduction of the drug into the rectum. Therefore, for this method, you need to use capsules.
Before proceeding with the procedure, it is necessary to cleanse the intestines with an enema. To increase the effect of the procedures, you can use an enema with a calendula. This plant also has a healing effect, so in this case it will come in handy. To prepare the product, you need to brew a teaspoon of flowers in two cups of water. After the broth reaches room temperature, it must be filtered and used to cleanse the intestines.
After cleansing procedures in the rectum is injected with one capsule of castor oil. This should be done with clean hands, placing the drug deep enough.
Do this procedure at night. The patient should lie on his stomach and lie down in this position for at least an hour after capsule administration.
To prevent the product from staining the laundry, it is necessary to put a pad.
With external hemorrhoids, a medical compress can help. For these purposes, oil is used in liquid form. You also need to purchase a bottle of camphor oil.
For the procedure, it is necessary to mix castor and camphor oils in equal proportions. The resulting composition is transferred to several times folded cheesecloth. It is applied to the problem area.
A film is placed on the compress. From above you need to wear tight-fitting underwear. This is necessary so that the structure does not move.
It is necessary to withstand the compress during the night. In the morning, everything is removed, and the remnants of the product are washed off the skin with warm water.
Castor oil bath
At the initial stages of the development of the disease, a bath with castor oil helps well. In this case, you also need to use the product in liquid form. To prepare the bathroom you need to draw hot water. For every five liters of water, you need to use a tablespoon of oil.
A sick person should sit in this water. In this case, it is important to arrange the buttocks as widely as possible.
The procedure is carried out until the water has completely cooled. The course of treatment lasts a week. Take a bath twice a day. In the presence of bleeding, the water should not be hot, but warm. In this case, you need to sit in a basin or other container for a quarter of an hour.
Castor oil is a very healthy product. And with hemorrhoids, it can give an excellent therapeutic effect. However, if there are contraindications, the use of this tool can be dangerous. Therefore, it is important to verify their absence.
- During pregnancy, both external and internal use of the drug are prohibited. During lactation, it can not be used inside.
- You can not use this method of treatment in the presence of kidney disease.
- It is also worth abandoning this method for children under twelve years of age, especially from its internal use.
- You should not treat hemorrhoids with castor oil in the presence of hallucinations and a tendency to fainting.
- With a tendency to severe diarrhea, such treatment will be harmful.
It is also very important to observe the dosage and frequency of administration of the drug. Therefore, it can only be used with the permission of a doctor.
Castor oil for hemorrhoids can have a positive effect. However, he also has contraindications that must be taken into account. In addition, it is not worth hoping for as the only treatment method. Follow your doctor’s advice and be healthy!
Castor oil in the treatment of hemorrhoidal disease
Constipation with hemorrhoids causes an increase in intra-abdominal pressure, a mechanical obstacle to the passage of the contents of the intestine, drying of feces, signs of intoxication of the whole body due to the cessation of the removal of toxins. Castor oil is known for its ability to eliminate constipation, stimulate emptying by irritating the nerve receptors of the intestinal wall, accelerating peristalsis waves.
The main active ingredients of the natural remedy are ricinoleic acid and glycerin. Oily consistency matters. Enveloping feces, castor promotes it gently without injuring the mucous membrane and hemorrhoids.
The internal and local effects of the oil are known. You can buy the drug in the pharmacy network in capsules or in vials. Usual dosage:
- for an adult - from a tablespoon to a whole vial (30 ml), they will be replaced by 15-30 capsules (1 ml each),
- a teaspoon or 5-10 capsules is enough for a child.
Desires for a chair will appear after 5-6 hours.
As one of the components, castor oil is part of many ointments and suppositories for hemorrhoids (for example, in Vishnevsky ointment). In therapy, impregnated tampons, wipes, lubrication of external nodes and other methods are used.
The local properties of castor oil are less well known. Women have long and successfully used it in cosmetic procedures: for face masks, eyelash lubrication (growth acceleration), rubbing into the scalp during hair treatment. In cosmetology, the regenerating properties of the drug are known, therefore, crude oil is produced only for external purposes.
Composition and healing qualities of castor oil
A herbal remedy is obtained by squeezing castor fruits. It includes acids:
90% of the content is ricinole. The chemical naming of the compound is “ricinoleic acid glyceride”. It is included in the class of unsaturated omega-9 fatty acids and hydroxy acids. In addition, the composition contains protein compounds, fiber, minerals. Due to the presence of a toxic substance (ricin) in the plant's seeds, it belongs to the group of poisonous substances.
After pressing and steam treatment, ricin remains in the cake, therefore, pharmaceutical castor oil is absolutely safe. Residues of the acid are used in conjunction with zinc. Salts are formed that are included in deodorants and hygiene products.
Tribute to Researcher Friedrich Krafft. He was the first in 1888 to attempt to isolate the chemical components of castor oil. It is scientifically proven that ricinoleic acid is able to have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects by activating the EP-3 and prostaglandin E-2 receptors.
It is important that the same nerve endings (receptors) in the human body are present not only in the intestines, but also in the uterus in women.
The work of Stefan Offermans from Germany showed that ricinoleic acid is also able to bind the EP-3 and EP-4 receptors. They come in contact with prostaglandins, included in the process of changing nerve cells (neurons), blood coagulation.
The mechanism of the therapeutic effect of castor oil with bleeding internal hemorrhoids has been clarified.
After ingestion, ricinoleic acid joins the EP-3 receptor molecule located on the membrane of smooth muscle cells of the wall of the small intestine and causes them to contract. So there is a laxative effect. Note that this does not occur at the level of the rectum. Therefore, we cannot attribute castor oil to additional irritating factors in hemorrhoids.
In the treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil, the healing properties recognized by official and traditional medicine are important:
- bactericidal effect on certain microorganisms,
- cleansing the intestines from the decay products of inflamed tissues,
- healing of cracks and small wounds,
- relieving inflammation, itching around the anus,
- skin hydration.
Castor can be successfully used for hemorrhoids to prevent exacerbations.
At what stages of hemorrhoids does a folk remedy help?
It is necessary to treat chronic hemorrhoids not just with castor oil, but with a complex of means, including the regimen, diet, exercise, venotonics.
It is difficult to judge the success of using one castor oil. Together with other drugs, it is part of conservative therapy and is most effective in the early stages (II-III). Helps to eliminate unpleasant symptoms and prevent exacerbations.
In stage IV, it will help to local anesthetize and heal cracks. As a laxative, use is undesirable.
About the composition of castor oil
Castor oil, from which castor is mined, belongs to the plants of the Euphorbiaceae family, it is distributed throughout the world. Oil is extracted in two ways - cold or hot pressed, but the medicine obtained by the cold method is used in medicine.
Castor is an oily liquid of a yellowish or transparent color with a viscous or thick consistency. The extract has no smell, but it tastes not very pleasant.
Castor oil includes the following acids:
Thanks to its composition, oil has become widespread in cosmetology and medicine.
About the beneficial properties of castor oil
Castor oil helps to reduce inflammation and is considered a natural sunscreen. Also, thanks to ricinoleic acid, castor oil provides antimicrobial and antifungal effects, it enhances intestinal motility.
Using oleic acid, which is also in the oil, castor oil helps restore the protective functions of the epithelium and retains moisture in the upper layers of the epithelium. Therefore, castor oil is widely used in cosmetology, helps in facial skin care, and improves hair condition.
Castor oil has a good effect on the dry type of epithelium, and the substance also prevents aging. Many cosmetics contain a large percentage of castor oil, because it:
- makes the skin supple
- eliminates fine wrinkles,
- softens rough skin on heels and elbows.
Castor oil eliminates black spots on the face. Castor also improves the condition of the hair, restores its beauty, elasticity and strength.
Oil is widely used for constipation. Entering the intestines, the substance promotes the breakdown of a special enzyme that turns fats into energy and heat. Thanks to this process, irritation of the nerve endings of the large intestine occurs, and bowel movement is stimulated.
Features of the use of castor oil
When buying oil in the pharmacy chain, you need to pay attention to the target indication - for oral or external use. For cosmetic purposes, a less purified product is sufficient. You can apply ointment to the nodes, make compresses with oil. It can be added to warm water for sitz baths.
Any external procedures are carried out after bowel movements, washing with disinfectants.
Laxative effect begins 5-6 hours after ingestion. May last another 3-4 hours. Therefore, it is recommended to take the drug on the eve of the day off.
What is useful castor for hemorrhoids
If the patient has hemorrhoids, then castor oil will be an effective salvation. The substance helps to eliminate the inflammatory process, and also provides an anti-edematous effect. Also, the healing properties of castor oil include:
- getting rid of itching and burning,
- healing of cracks, small tears of tissues,
- disinfection of the affected area,
- providing a laxative effect (which is especially important for constipation, which is often accompanied by hemorrhoids),
- stimulation of improved blood circulation.
In addition, the use of castor oil minimizes the risk of side effects, practically does not cause allergic reactions and severe addiction to the body.
To castor oil effectively helped to cope with the inflammation of hemorrhoidal veins, it must be used in the initial stages of the disease and only after consulting a doctor.
- We also recommend that you carefully read the article on the use of sea buckthorn oil for hemorrhoids.
- How effective fir oil from hemorrhoids, you can find out by studying the article of our specialist proctologist.
Indications for use
Castor oil is indicated for:
- inflammation of the hemorrhoid cones,
- hair loss and eyelashes,
- fragility of nails,
- dry skin
- rashes on the face.
Castor oil can also be used for other cosmetic purposes, depending on the individual recommendations of the cosmetologist and doctor.
Recipes and Means
On the basis of castor oil, many useful agents are made that are intended for local therapy. Candles, enemas, baths effectively help in eliminating itching and discomfort. But you can use oral medications, which is especially true for the internal form of the disease.
We recommend that you read the article, which talks about how you can treat hemorrhoids at home with the help of drugs and folk recipes.
You can also read a detailed review of the most popular and effective folk remedies for hemorrhoids.
For internal use, it is recommended to use 20-30 ml of castor oil. If castor is used in capsules, the dose will be 20-30 capsules. In the second case, the remedy must be washed down with warm tea or milk, drinks from ginger, orange juice are also suitable.
But do not take the oil orally for more than 3 days in a row, because the intestines can get used to laxative effects. It is better to take a break for 2 days, and then continue the course of treatment. To obtain the desired effect, you need to use castor oil on an empty stomach.
Another way of oral use is to drink castor oil with lemon juice (2: 1 ratio). A combination of kefir, bran and castor oil (2: 2: 1) provides great benefits for cleansing the intestines. Such a tandem of components allows not only to get rid of constipation, but also significantly improve the intestinal microflora.
With the internal form of hemorrhoids, which is accompanied by constipation, you can take advantage of microclysters based on castor oil. If the inflammation of the hemorrhoidal nodes is accompanied by bleeding, an enema is strictly prohibited.
To prepare a healing solution, you should take 20 ml of castor oil, mix with a small amount of water (depending on the volume of the enema, usually 100 ml) and carefully enter it into the rectum. After this procedure, you need to lie on your side and rest for 15-20 minutes.
This type of local exposure effectively helps to cope with pain during hemorrhoids. It is recommended to take sitz baths in the morning to get rid of discomfort for the whole day.
For medical manipulations, you need to take 4 liters of warm water, pour 5-6 drops of castor oil into the liquid and immerse yourself in a container for 12-16 minutes (before cooling the water). During this procedure, it is important that the area of the anus is completely immersed in a healing solution.
Another version of the bath is done using this technology:
- they heat 3-5 liters of water, pour them into a basin,
- dissolve 2 g of mumiyo in it,
- pour a few drops of castor oil.
Then they are immersed in a container and take a bath until the water is completely cooled.
On the basis of castor oil, there are a large number of ointments. They must be used to treat inflamed cones. The nodes should be treated after bowel movement. Half an hour after applying the ointment, the anal fissures are lubricated with sea buckthorn oil.
Healing properties of castor oil
The range of healing qualities of castor oil is simply huge. In addition to its generally known laxative effect, castor oil has been noted to have a special effect on the epidermis and subcutaneous tissues of the body.
The ability of the drug to penetrate deep into the dermal layer provides it with a pronounced and prolonged effect. In the list of distinctive properties of oil:
- Wound healing
- Antimicrobial and antiviral,
The extraordinary capabilities of ricin are actively used in cosmetology, medicine, pharmacology, nutrition, and various industrial sectors (mainly as a lubricant).
This component is included in the formula of the famous antiseptic - Vishnevsky ointment, contributing to the rapid healing of cuts, wounds, abrasions, burns, cracks and scars.
Castor oil for hemorrhoids can not only alleviate the condition at the time of exacerbation of the disease, but also prevent its further development.
This is one of the few folk remedies that have real, not imaginary action.
List of contraindications
Most patients who have used castor oil for hemorrhoids leave positive reviews about the treatment. Despite this, there are a number of cases where such therapy is contraindicated. Categorically, castor should not be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women. Internal administration of the drug is contraindicated in disorders in the functioning of the kidneys.
It is also not recommended to use castor in patients who are under 12 years old. Castor oil is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance to the substance and allergic reactions to the product.
Uncontrolled use of a substance can cause dehydration of the body, disorders in the digestive tract, provoke dizziness, and cause diarrhea.
What is castor oil? This substance is the result of cold or hot pressing of the seeds of a specific plant, castor bean. The grass itself is poisonous, but during the manufacturing process it loses dangerous substances, while retaining only its beneficial properties.
In its component content, ricin oil is a priceless product. Its composition includes up to 80% of unique organic compounds (triglycerides) that form the cell membrane and energy reserve of the body. The following acids are included in the structure of castor oil:
- Palmitic - improves the permeability of vitamins and minerals to tissue cells,
- Stearin - is responsible for the nutrition of the epidermis and the protection of the skin from low temperatures,
- Oleic - activates the metabolism and retains moisture in the layers of the dermis,
- Ricinole - softens the skin and protects it from bacteria,
- Linoleic - provides deep hydration of the skin.
In addition to saturated, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated acids, castor oil also contains vitamins E and B, which affect the synthesis of hyaluronic acid and collagen, the main “builders” of skin firmness and elasticity.
It has castor oil and external distinguishing features - a thick, viscous consistency, a transparent or light yellowish color, a mild smell and a peculiar taste. Recently, a new form of release of castor oil in the form of capsules, allowing you to use it inside, has appeared on the pharmacological market.
Birch tar in the treatment of hemorrhoids
External use of castor oil
Castor is in demand in many fields, but the most famous area of its application is cosmetology and medicine.
As a cosmetic product, ricin oil acts as an active ingredient in masks and creams to improve the condition of the skin of the face and head, as well as hair restoration. In medical preparations, it is included in the basic composition of balms and ointments.
Currently, one of the known and popular ways to use this tool is the fight against hemorrhoids.
Castor oil from hemorrhoids helps get rid of inflammation and itching in the anus, quickly heals existing cracks, eliminates pain and muscle tension, and facilitates the process of defecation. This is the most effective laxative for long or frequent constipation.
The relevance of a preliminary consultation with a doctor
Inflammation of hemorrhoidal veins does not occur spontaneously, this disease is formed against the background of stagnation of blood in the vessels, therefore, treatment can not do without consulting a doctor. A specialist should diagnose, determine the causes of the development of pathology and select a comprehensive therapy, which will consist of local and internal effects.
Castor oil is a useful substance that has found application in the field of cosmetology and medicine. Its use in hemorrhoids allows you to cope with swelling, inflammation and pain. Thanks to the laxative effect, castor oil prevents constipation, which is very important for hemorrhoids.
Features of the internal use of castor for hemorrhoids
Castor oil differs from other fatty substances in that it is not only possible, but also necessary in some situations to use for internal use.
Castor is a natural laxative that has proven itself in the treatment of varicose hemorrhoidal veins, contributing to the gentle cleansing of the digestive tract.
And this is extremely important in eliminating and preventing constipation.
How does castor oil work for hemorrhoids? Once in the intestine, the drug begins to interact with enzymes, and the result of the chemical-biological reaction is glycerin and ricinoleic acid.
These substances irritate the nerve endings in the intestinal walls, which causes the intestines to contract and move the feces along the anal canal much faster.
In addition, the oil substance itself softens hard feces, therefore, when passing through the rectum, they do not damage the enlarged cavernous formations.
Castor oil is sold in pharmacy chains in two dosage forms: in the form of an oily liquid and in capsules. When using this natural laxative, several important rules should be observed:
- an adult will need to take 15 to 30 grams of the drug or 15-30 single-gram capsules to combat constipation
- for a bowel movement, it’s enough for a child to take 5-10 grams or the same number of capsules,
- the laxative effect will begin in about 5 hours, which is why it is better to drink castor oil on weekends so as not to have problems visiting the restroom.
Castor is not recommended for more than three consecutive days, as the risk of overdose increases. A prolonged use is fraught with the habit of the intestines to artificial stimulation with laxatives.
Since castor oil is not very pleasant to taste, it is allowed to drink it with black or green tea, warm milk. If you feel disgust, you can pre-pour a spoonful of the product in a suitable drink.
External and local application of castor oil
Castor oil for hemorrhoids collects reviews most often positive. They relate to external use.
So, in the initial stages of the pathological process, regular use of extracts of castor oil seeds helps:
- relieve inflammation
- reduce the severity of pain, itching,
- reduce swelling
- improve blood circulation in nodules and reduce their size
Due to its regenerating effect, castor oil allows you to heal damaged sections of the mucous membranes of the rectum and tissues of the anus, anal fissures.
For external use, you can purchase not the most purified castor seed extract. It is used in different ways, for example, as an ointment, a component for baths, compresses. Each method deserves a more detailed description.
- Compress with castor oil. This is perhaps the easiest treatment option. A pair of tablespoons of castor oil is poured onto a gauze dressing and applied to the anorectal region overnight, further secured to the body with a medical patch. After a few days, you will notice a decrease in external nodules and a decrease in the severity of unpleasant sensations.
- Capsules as rectal suppositories. Castor oil in gelatin shells can not only be swallowed, but also inserted into the rectum. This is especially true with the internal form of varicose hemorrhoidal veins. Under the influence of body temperature, gelatin will begin to dissolve in the anus, which will allow castor oil to directly affect the internal cones.
- Lubrication of nodules. Another simple method for treating castor disease is to lubricate external and internal cavernous formations with it. The procedure is extremely simple - a finger should be dipped in an oily liquid and greased with it a nodule of any localization. Such treatment is carried out most often in the morning or evening.
- Seated baths. A similar therapeutic technique also copes well with the symptoms of external hemorrhoids. For the procedure, you need to pour 3-4 liters of warm water (not higher than 38 degrees) into a basin or a special container and add a tablespoon of castor oil. Take a bath for about 15-20 minutes. The duration of the course is 6 days.
Important! All of the above procedures should be carried out only after hygienic measures, including bowel movement and washing of the anus and perineum.
Castor Oil Composition
Castor oil is a liquid that is extracted using a different method of squeezing common castor oil seeds.
The plant itself is poisonous, but during processing all toxic and dangerous elements disappear, only the healing parts are preserved.
In its composition, castor oil is priceless. It contains up to 80% of unique components, namely triglycerides, which combine into the cell membrane and energy reserve.
Among the main components, the following acids are distinguished:
- Palmitic - improves the patency of vitamins and nutrients into the cells of the body.
- Stearin - is necessary for the nutrition of the epidermis and the protective properties of the skin when exposed to low temperature.
- Oleic - improves metabolism, allows moisture to stay in the layers of the dermis.
- Ricinole - softens the skin, protects it from bacteria.
- Linoleic - deeply moisturizes the skin.
In addition to various acids, the composition contains a large amount of vitamin E and B, which is necessary for the normal production of collagen and hyaluronic acid, which are necessary for skin elasticity and firmness.
Castor oil can be distinguished visually. It has a thick and viscous consistency, in color, it is transparent or slightly yellow.
Almost no aroma, specific taste, not like other types of oils. Not so long ago, in pharmacies began to sell capsules based on castor oil, which simplify the use inside.
Methods of using oil for hemorrhoids
In the presence of hemorrhoidal cracks and the disease itself, it is possible to use the oil only topically or externally.
To do this, make weak solutions based on oil, which is made using cold pressing.
The form of treatment may vary depending on the disease:
- Compress - it is recommended to do before bedtime, using gauze, bandage and oil.With the constant manifestation of symptoms of hemorrhoids and bleeding from the anus, compresses should be worn all day.
- Baths - it is better to do in the morning to eliminate the unpleasant sensations of the disease not all day. It is enough to add a few drops in warm water and sit in it until completely cooled.
- Ointments - it is recommended to use for external hemorrhoids, when there is a prolapse of hemorrhoids. Ointments should be applied after each bowel movement.
- Suppositories - it is better to use before bedtime, but with complications and severe hemorrhoids, suppositories are used 3 times a day.
- Laxative - use as a laxative should be done carefully. Enough will be 2 drops of oil to obtain the effect. This allows you to relieve stress from the rectum, improves intestinal motility, which allows you to soften stool and painlessly defecate.
The choice of recipes for castor oil for the disease should be discussed with the doctor. Any independent treatment can cause the appearance of negative consequences and complications of hemorrhoids.
With the appearance of pain, bleeding and severe constipation, it is necessary to turn to medical methods of treatment.
Treatment of internal hemorrhoids
If hemorrhoids are just beginning to develop and appear mild discomfort during bowel movements, then you need to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
For this, the hemorrhoidal cone is lubricated with oil, the procedure is done in the morning and in the evening.
Therapy is carried out after cleansing the intestine, after which the finger is dipped in oil and inserted into the anus to treat the inflamed node.
If there are long nails, it is better to trim them or use tampons. This will not injure the rectal mucosa, and the nodes will not be torn.
The course of treatment is 1 month. If the nodes with hemorrhoids are no longer felt, then the course of therapy can be stopped ahead of time.
Treatment of external hemorrhoids
With external hemorrhoids, various local drugs can be used. This allows you to remove the main symptoms of the disease, bleeding.
For treatment, you can use a compress based on castor and camphor oils. For therapy, you need to mix 1 tsp. oils and soak the cloth and attach to the anus.
The napkin on top must be closed with plastic wrap. Such treatment creates an optimal environment for the rapid action of the oil.
It is recommended to use a compress at night, and for tight fixation use tight underpants.
The duration of treatment is not determined, since it is necessary to eliminate completely inflamed cones, as a rule, 3-4 weeks are enough.
If the inner bump becomes very large, bleeding appears, then you need to use oil in the form of candles. For this, ordinary capsules are suitable. The procedure should be performed in the evening after cleansing the intestine with an enema. The enema solution is made from calendula.
After washing, the capsule is introduced, it has a shell of gelatin, which will dissolve in the body within an hour and the oil will begin to act on the tissue and has a therapeutic effect.
To prevent oil from leaking from the anus, you must lie down during the procedure or do it at night.
At the initial stage of the development of external hemorrhoids, it is necessary to use baths based on castor oil.
To do this, 5-7 liters of warm water, about 40 degrees and 20 drops of castor oil are added to the basin. The patient needs to sit in the water, open the buttocks and wait for the water to cool.
Baths are best done in the mornings and evenings throughout the week. If severe bleeding occurs, then hot water is replaced with cooler water.
The maximum bath time is 20 minutes. If you start to use the oil for the treatment of hemorrhoids in a timely manner, you may not need to use medications, but you can forget about the disease and prevent relapses.
Is it possible to cure the disease only with castor oil, what can be supplemented?
Folk remedies, which include castor oil, only relieve exacerbation. But, if the factors contributing to the formation of hemorrhoidal nodes persist, they cannot eliminate the problem.
Castor affects the male body gently, but when using it, the form of the disease should always be taken into account. With exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids, folk remedies can be supplemented with pharmacy drugs or used instead.
But in acute form of the disease they will be ineffective. As for the supplements, with lotion castor oil is often mixed with camphor. In addition, potato candles are dipped into it, enhancing their effect.
If there is no improvement after taking the drug for a week, immediately consult a doctor who will prescribe the necessary treatment.
And also read the article on the use of traditional medicine at home for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
On the basis of castor oil, microclysters are prepared for insertion deep into the rectum with internal hemorrhoids. It is enough to fill in a syringe with 20 ml of oil, add about 100 ml of water. Insert into the anus gently and lie on your side for 20-30 minutes. It is more convenient to carry out the procedure at night. It is not recommended to introduce with severe bleeding, signs of infringement.
Opinions of patients and doctors about the treatment of hemorrhoids with castor oil
Doctors on the forums for patients with hemorrhoids give generally positive reviews about the use of oil. Pay attention to the following:
- mistaken purchase of a cosmetic type of castor oil,
- the desire to take a large dose and subsequent negative signs,
- the relationship of overdose with the use of castor oil for 3 consecutive days,
- the formation of the "lazy intestine" syndrome with prolonged use with a laxative purpose.
Researchers believe that based on castor oil, it is necessary to develop new drugs.
Patients note a good laxative effect, but a sickening taste. Therefore, it is advised to buy a capsule preparation.
Castor oil should be treated as a drug with its own indications, dosage and negative effects. In the treatment of hemorrhoids, it must be used in combination with other means, diet, exercise.
Patients with constipation need to change laxatives to empty their bowels.