Honey therapy: Prostopin suppositories as an effective remedy for hemorrhoids
"Prostopin" from hemorrhoids is a drug used as an additive to complex therapy or in the form of monotherapy. The tool is used in traditional medicine, because it consists entirely of natural ingredients that are used in beekeeping. "Prostopin" has a pronounced clinical effect, as well as a significant concentration of substances, therefore it is prohibited for allergy sufferers.
The tool in rare cases causes adverse reactions. Before its use, consultation with a proctologist or urologist is required in the case of treatment of prostate diseases.
Properties of the drug "Prostopin" from hemorrhoids
Suppositories "Prostopin" are used not only for hemorrhoids, they have proven clinical efficacy in relation to diseases of the genitourinary system in men.
The main effects that the components of the drug provide are as follows:
- anti-inflammatory (removal of local soreness, redness, swelling),
Candles are used according to the standard scheme, namely, one suppository is administered once a day. It is advisable to carry out the procedure at night. It is important that the components act on the mucous membrane for one month. Before using suppositories, you can empty the intestines yourself or put a cleansing enema.
Prostopin from hemorrhoids - rectal suppositories that have anti-inflammatory and regenerative effects
Active ingredients of the drug
"Prostopin" is a drug that is made on the basis of natural ingredients. As active substances in the tool are present:
- mountain polyferous honey. The component has an anti-inflammatory effect, relieves swelling and acts as an antibacterial substance. He carries out the prevention of paraproctitis with hemorrhoids. Honey contributes to the rapid regeneration of tissues and the destruction of tumor processes,
- propolis - has similar effects, affects the speed of healing and restoration of the affected area, disinfects qualitatively, stimulates the immune system,
- royal jelly - a component with pronounced calming properties, it also increases the elasticity of the intestinal membrane,
- perga - a tool that helps not only with hemorrhoids, but also restores the power of sexual desire,
- mash - affects the regeneration of the colon wall and fights inflammatory diseases of the prostate.
All components have proven effectiveness and are contained in the drug in therapeutic dosages.
An effective Prostopin can be used in the complex treatment of the disease as a powerful and safe natural medicine to eliminate symptoms and eliminate the infection.
In what cases is Prostopin used?
"Prostopin" - a tool that is actively used in the treatment of various diseases associated with the lower sections of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as the genitourinary system. The drug is prescribed for complex therapy, as well as for the prevention of the development of diseases. For example, the effectiveness of Prostopin increases in patients with the first stage of hemorrhoids, then the drug can be used as monotherapy.
Benefits and possibilities of the drug
Prostopin is a rectal suppository used in various diseases of urological and proctological nature.
Suppositories have a pronounced antimicrobial, antitumor and wound healing effect.They relieve pain symptoms and quickly alleviate the condition of patients. The drug helps with chronic constipation, can be used as a prophylactic or restorative agent.
Prostopin suppositories are often prescribed for hemorrhoids of various forms. It acts on the internal and external hemorrhoids, can be used both in the initial stage of the disease, and with advanced hemorrhoids.
Subject to the required dosage, the drug is able to:
- reduce pain, itching, burning sensation,
- cure microdamages on the skin and mucous membranes,
- prevent the formation of anal fissures,
- relieve local swelling and inflammation,
- get rid of rectal bleeding,
- improve the general condition of the patient,
- help recover after resection of hemorrhoids,
- get rid of chronic constipation.
The drug should be used under the supervision of a physician. It is impossible to cure hemorrhoids exclusively by rectal suppositories, but they can significantly improve the patient’s well-being, relieve unpleasant symptoms, and strengthen the body’s defenses.
- Detailed description of the various stages: first, second, third, fourth,
- Features of the internal course of the disease and external manifestations,
- The list of medicines, suppositories and ointments that are used in the treatment of this disease can be found here.
There are also materials that may be of interest to you:
You can find out about harmful and useful products for the male organ here.
Composition and active substances
Prostopin has a completely natural composition. It is based on a variety of bee products that harmoniously complement each other and effectively act on hemorrhoids.
The drug is available in the form of rectal suppositories, sold without a prescription. Candles can be purchased at pharmacies or centers specializing in beekeeping products.
Scheme for the use of suppositories from hemorrhoids Prostopin
Before using suppositories, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the anus.
With internal hemorrhoids, it is better to make a microclyster with a decoction of chamomile or another light antiseptic.
With the external form, you can wash yourself with warm water, and then make a cool compress with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. After that, the skin around the anus is dried with a soft towel or gauze.
- It is more convenient to introduce a candle in a lying position.
- The procedure is best done before bedtime, at rest, all components of the drug are absorbed with maximum efficiency.
- For better fixation of the candle, you should wear elastic underwear.
- The treatment lasts 15-30 days, then it is worth taking a break in 1-2 weeks.
Herbal decoctions or homeopathic medicines that are taken orally help to complement the treatment regimen. Candles with bee products can be alternated with other suppositories.
The drug is also used for preventive purposes.It helps a lot with chronic constipation of any nature.
Contraindications and side effects
Prostopin is considered a safe drug with virtually no contraindications.
It should not be used only for people with severe diabetes. and patients with malignant tumors of the rectum.
Another contraindication is individual honey intolerance. and other beekeeping products. Before using candles for the treatment of children and adolescents, you must obtain the permission of a proctologist.
Side effects when using suppositories have not been identified. In some cases, slight itching or redness of the anus may be observed. Typically, these phenomena are associated with a mild form of allergy.
A cool bath with a decoction of chamomile or a weak solution of potassium permanganate will help to remove unpleasant symptoms.
Men suffering from acute or chronic hemorrhoids, accompanied by constant constipation and frequent bleeding, should try Prostopin rectal suppositories. They will remove pain symptoms, help to quickly heal wounds and cracks, and improve bowel movements. The tool has a minimum of contraindications and is easily tolerated even by a weakened body.
What is this drug
Beekeeping gives us several products that are exceptional in their benefits. On their basis, Prostopin suppositories for rectal administration are made. The main action of the drug is anti-inflammatory.
In addition to hemorrhoids, Prostopin is indicated for other diseases and lesions of the rectum and anal region.
For example, cracks, small ulcers of the mucous membranes, paraproctitis, ulcerative colitis.
For men, the drug is especially useful. The tool can be used to relieve painful conditions associated with prostatitis. In this case, it removes edema and inflammation of the genitourinary system, improves urine outflow.
The composition of Prostopin consists entirely of beekeeping products ::
- Propolis, natural and concentrated, past activation.
- Royal jelly of bees.
- Dried beef.
- Flower mountain honey.
Plus auxiliary products and substances: cocoa butter, anhydrous lanolin. The effectiveness of Prostopin is ensured by the properties of all its active ingredients.
The most common product is honey. Almost everyone knows that it stops the development of fungal and bacterial infections, stimulates the immune system, increases the ability to adapt, fights the development of tumors, and is even a light anesthetic.
Burrowing, or untreated pollen, has a lot of beneficial effects inherent in plants (many of which are medicinal). The effect of propolis is approximately the same as that of honey, but more pronounced due to the high concentration of the substance.
Royal jelly of bees is an exceptional product and a powerful natural stimulant of the most diverse processes of our body. Metabolism and cellular nutrition, the work of the endocrine glands, immunity, tissue regeneration - all this takes place more actively while taking preparations containing royal jelly. Plus antimicrobial and antitumor effects. Finally, add to this an increase in potency and increased spermatogenesis in men, as well as normalization of sexual functions.
Perga is also pollen, but already fermented with secretions from special bee glands. This treatment turns pollen into a product of high importance, capable of a powerful general strengthening and immunostimulating effect. Like royal jelly, purga effectively regulates metabolic and other body processes, and relieves various problems in this area (for example, impaired urine outflow). And she is also able to increase mental and physical activity.
The region deserves special mention, the beekeeping products of which are used in the manufacture of suppositories. We are talking about the subalpine zone of the North Caucasus, an area with unique natural conditions and many plant endemic species. The components of Prostopin are processed and combined according to special pharmacological technologies. As a result, the resulting preparation reaches its maximum efficiency in the treatment of diseases of the urogenital system and intestinal tract.
Instructions for use with hemorrhoids
If you bought Prostopin suppositories in a pharmacy, the use and treatment regimen can be studied in detail in the instructions.
Before the introduction of the suppository, the intestines must certainly be emptied. This can be done either naturally or with a cleansing enema.
It is better to introduce a suppository at night, just before going to bed.
Application should be daily, for 15 to 30 days. It is strongly recommended to repeat the course of treatment after a two- or three-month break. The use of the drug is undesirable for those who are diagnosed with an allergy to beekeeping products or their poor tolerance.
Download full instructions for the use of the drug
Price Prostopin varies by pharmacy chains and regions. The approximate cost is 500 - 600 rubles.
The composition of the drug
Prostopin is a medicine that contains bee products as the main components.
- activated propolis in the form of native dilution and dry extract,
- flower pollen collected by bees from medicinal herbs of the North Caucasus,
- royal jelly
- high mountain honey
Anhydrous lanolin and cocoa butter were used as forming components.
The drug Prostopin is a real complex of therapeutic ingredients that has a restorative, tonic and adaptogenic effect.
Consider the effect on the body of the individual components of Prostopin suppositories.
- It is clinically proven that Gorno-Altai honey It has a strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, it is characterized by immunomodulatory and reparative properties. Thanks to this, suppositories effectively fight all types of intestinal infections, easily healing anal fissures.
- Activated propolis It has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal effects. Natural propolis is a local anesthetic, whose properties are significantly increased due to its activation by chemical reagents.
- Royal jelly in its chemical composition is a natural stimulant. It normalizes metabolic processes in tissues and improves their nutrition, affecting the most important biochemical processes in cells.In addition, it has been proven that royal jelly stimulates the level of sex hormones, increasing potency and increasing libido. In addition, royal jelly has antimicrobial, reparative and antitumor effects.
- Pollen, or bee bread, is a mixture of chemical compounds that are characterized by anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating and antiviral effects. Perga as part of the drug Prostopin normalizes metabolism and improves trophic tissue.
- Beeswax and Cocoa Butter, which are the formative components of the dosage form, improve the bioavailability and absorption of the main active ingredients.
Since the drug contains a complex of active substances of natural origin, information on the distribution of components and their pharmacodynamics cannot be studied.
The main indications for the use of the drug Prostopin
The main indications of the drug include:
- prostate adenoma (acute period and chronic stage of prostatitis),
- urinary tract infections
- hemorrhoidal nodes of the rectum at various stages of the pathological process,
- poor spermatogenesis
- erectile disfunction,
- ulcerative colitis,
- anal fissures, including with ulcerative formations,
- rectal prolapse,
- viral infections (as an immunomodulating drug),
- stressful conditions
- improper diet due to diet,
The standard dosage is 1 suppository per day. The therapeutic course of treatment is from two weeks to a month. It all depends on the diagnosis and the severity of the disease. After 2 months, it is recommended to repeat the course.
Suppositories are administered in a prone position. It is previously recommended to empty the intestines with an enema. Clear the anogenital area. Enter suppositories with a sharp end inward.
Prostopin during pregnancy and lactation
Prostopin is not contraindicated during pregnancy and during lactation due to the naturalness of its composition. The drug is often prescribed to women in position to relieve inflammation and with prolapse of hemorrhoids.
It has been clinically proven that the use of the drug Prostopin in this period is absolutely safe, since the natural components do not have any toxic effect on the woman’s body and do not penetrate the blood-brain barrier, making penetration into breast milk impossible.
Reviews of pregnant women about the drug indicate a good efficacy of Prostopin.
The drug gently acts on the rectum, providing a strong anti-inflammatory effect. The tool effectively fights pain and irritation, preventing the development of constipation. Patients report improvement in general condition after 5-7 days.
Contraindications and side effects
Despite the fact that the drug has a natural basis, its use has a number of contraindications that cannot be ignored.
Side effects that occur when using Prostopin are of the following nature:
- irritation and redness of the anogenital region, itching,
- diarrhea caused by the reaction of the body to the auxiliary components of the dosage form,
- rash, redness, skin irritation,
- spastic pain in the lower abdomen.
If the above-described adverse reactions occur, you must stop taking the drug and consult a proctologist to determine the cause of this effect and select another drug. If possible, if an allergic reaction occurs, it is necessary to take an antihistamine drug inside, which will help to cope with the symptoms in a shorter time.
Active components and mechanism of work
The therapeutic effect of the drug Prostopin is provided by the medicinal components, the list and properties of which are described in the table:
Prostopin suppositories from hemorrhoids do not have structural analogues. However, drugs with a similar pharmacological effect can be isolated.
- Fito Propolis,
- Tambukan Propolis,
- suppositories containing propolis, manufactured by Monfarm.
The price category of the drug Prostopin is quite low. Its price is 150-200 rubles per trade package. Similar funds with propolis can also be attributed to the middle price segment. Their price varies from 50 to 250 rubles.
As a rule, preparations containing propolis and beekeeping products have a certain storage mode - from +2 to +5 degrees. The shelf life of medicines is from 3 to 5 years from the date of manufacture.
The Prostopin suppository was widely used for hemorrhoids occurring in acute and chronic form. But they also use the medicine for the treatment of ulcerative lesions of the rectum, pathologies of the prostate gland, elimination of cracks in the rectum and anal canal. No less effective "Prostopin" with inflammation of the prostate and urethra.
The composition and form of the drug
"Prostopin" refers to complex pharmacological agents and contains several active and auxiliary substances. In additional components (hydrophobic lanolin, beeswax, cocoa butter), the main substances of the drug are dissolved. Excipients also form rectal suppositories - a form of release of this drug. The active ingredients that make up the suppositories include such substances:
Prostopin rectal suppositories have a wide range of effects.
- Mountain honey, which has a pronounced analgesic, bactericidal, regenerative, immunostimulating effect with its local effect on tissues. To a lesser extent, this substance is able to relieve inflammation and have an antitumor effect.
- Propolis, contained in suppositories in the form of an extract and a natural product, is able to stop pain of moderate intensity, reduce inflammatory manifestations, and inhibit the development of pathogenic microflora. Propolis has a tonic and healing effect on the vascular wall, which contributes to the effectiveness of Prostopin in hemorrhoids.
- Perga - pollen treated with bee enzymes. With local therapeutic use, it removes inflammatory edema, prevents the development of bacteria and pathogenic fungi, stimulates blood circulation and local immunity. The biologically active elements of the perga that are absorbed into the blood stimulate the activity of the adrenal glands, have a general strengthening effect and optimize the course of metabolic processes.
- Prunus - pollen collected from certain medicinal plants used to treat inflammation of the intestine and prostate. Pollen contains several active components that, when applied locally to tissues, have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect.
- Royal jelly is a unique beekeeping product with a large number of medicinal properties. In the local treatment of hemorrhoids, the ability of royal jelly to significantly enhance metabolic processes, stimulate tissue trophism, and prevent the formation of free radicals (antioxidant effect) is used. This component of Prostopin suppositories also enhances the tone of the venous wall and inhibits the formation of blood clots (blood clots).
Candles are packaged in blisters of 5 pieces. There are 3 such plates in the box. Suppositories are stored at low temperatures, if at home - in the refrigerator.
Patient reviews prove that suppositories effectively relieve inflammation and treat hemorrhoids. Thanks to them, it is possible to reduce the risk of complications, and sometimes surgical intervention.
According to most patients who used Prostopin throughout the course, the drug copes well with the main symptoms of the disease. After a single application, itching and irritation disappear. After a week-long course, inflammation is relieved and the general condition of the patient is improved.
According to statistics, the drug is prescribed not only for hemorrhoids, but also for the treatment of diseases in men of reproductive age. The main indications in this case are prostate adenoma and infertility. It has been clinically proven that after undergoing treatment, 70% of patients showed improvement. 50% of couples were able to conceive a child.
There are also negative reviews about the drug, but most of them are not based on the effectiveness of the drug, but on the body's reactions to it. In 90% of cases, patients had allergic reactions, after which they had to stop treatment.
Features of the use of Prostopin suppositories from hemorrhoids
Rectal suppositories "Prostopin" will not give the expected therapeutic effect, if used, neglecting the recommendations of the attending physician and the instructions in the instructions.
To achieve the most positive results in the treatment of hemorrhoids "Prostopin", you must adhere to the following sequence of actions:
- Empty the rectum naturally or using an enema.
- Wash the area of the anus and hands with warm water and soap.
- Lie on one side, bending one leg to the chest, and leave the other lying flat.
- Enter the suppository as deep as possible and not immediately get up, you need to lie down for about half an hour. It is better to carry out the procedure before bedtime.
- Candles should be placed for 2-4 weeks.
Pharmacological effect of Prostopin against hemorrhoids
The main purpose of these suppositories is the use in the complex treatment of diseases of the prostate gland. But the drug has shown its effectiveness in removing inflammation of hemorrhoidal veins, therefore, it has been successfully used for hemorrhoids. The therapeutic properties of Prostopin are due to the complex action of active substances in varicose veins of hemorrhoidal vessels, when the positive therapeutic effect of one component is enhanced by the other component of the drug. As a result, the effect on hemorrhoidal formations is expressed by the following effects:
Thanks to the use of these suppositories from hemorrhoids, in the area of hemorrhoidal inflammation, metabolic processes and local immunity are enhanced, which contribute to the removal of exacerbation of the disease. Suppositories with bee products used during remission make exacerbations unlikely, inhibiting the development of pathological changes.
Indications for the use of suppositories for pathology of hemorrhoidal veins
Suppositories are prescribed for all forms of the disease, such as:
- acute hemorrhoids (first occurring),
- exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids,
- exacerbation of hemorrhoids complicated by vein thrombosis,
- hemorrhoids complicated by the formation of anal fissures and bleeding,
- formation of rectal erosion.
The purpose of the drug in the initial, uncomplicated stages of the disease, allows you to completely slow down the development of pathological changes in the venous wall. In severe forms of pathology, the use of suppositories is effective only as part of complex therapy. Appointment of suppositories during the rehabilitation period after surgical excision of hemorrhoidal formations is advisable.
Contraindications to the appointment of suppositories Prostopin, side effects
The active components of the drug are natural, therefore, do not have a toxic effect on organs and tissues. This is confirmed by the absence of recorded cases of drug overdose. But there are still several contraindications, they are as follows:
After administration of a rectal suppository, a slight burning sensation from the effects of the drug is possible.
- hypersensitivity to beekeeping products,
- under 14 years old
- history of allergic reactions.
The treatment is well tolerated, occasionally with too sensitive mucous membranes, such sensations arise:
These side effects of "Prostopin" in the treatment of hemorrhoids are rare, and the above sensations are not intense and are not a reason for drug withdrawal.
To whom can it hurt?
Despite the fact that the composition of Prostopin is completely natural and safe, not everyone can use it for hemorrhoid therapy. Antihemorrhoidal medicine is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to bee vital products and allergic reactions to the components of the described medication. It is impossible to use "Prostopin" for childhood hemorrhoids and women carrying a child.
How to use Prostopin suppositories for hemorrhoids?
Treatment is prescribed with a course lasting from two weeks to a month, after which a two-month break is recommended. Candles are placed daily, once, mainly at night. The drug is used as follows:
- Empty your intestines naturally or forcefully (enema).
- Do thorough hygienic care (washing with soap) of the anal area, perineum, external genital organs, and then dry with a soft cloth.
- Insert the candle into the anus completely, then go to rest. It is undesirable to be upright (walking, sitting) after the suppository is introduced, since the molten substance of the drug can leak from the anus.
It is not recommended to use Prostopin suppositories more than once a day. This will lead to irritation of the rectal mucosa, local discomfort.
Possible adverse events
Often, the pharmaceutical drug Prostopin is well tolerated by patients. But since beekeeping products are used to manufacture this pharmaceutical product, it is worth being prepared for the fact that they can provoke allergic reactions. Patients using Prostopin noted burning sensations and irritations in the rectal area.
The use of prostopin during pregnancy
Hemorrhoids are a frequent companion of pregnant women, so the safest treatment for this problem when bearing a fetus is relevant. "Prostopin", being a natural and non-toxic drug, is the best suited for these purposes. But the appointment of the drug is prescribed only by the doctor leading the future woman in labor, having previously carefully studied the allergic history.
During lactation, the drug has two contraindications:
- hypersensitivity to bee products in a nursing mother,
- allergic reactions in a baby in response to the use of suppositories.
There are no other reasons to refuse treatment of hemorrhoids with Prostopin during pregnancy and lactation.
Vacation and storage conditions
You can buy the drug "Prostopin" in a pharmacy and this does not require a doctor’s prescription. Suppositories should be placed out of the reach of children. It is important that the candles are protected from light and are cool, at a temperature of from 4 to 10 degrees Celsius. The shelf life of Prostopin is 24 months and after this period it is strictly contraindicated to use it.
Release form and main components
Prostopin - A domestic drug, which is available in the form of rectal suppositories.One package contains 15 candles (in blisters).
The basis of the drug is bee products:
- Propolis and its extracts are a component with a complex effect, which provides antiseptic, wound healing, antitumor and analgesic effects. In the production of the drug "Prostopin" propolis is subjected to an activation procedure: due to this, its biological activity increases many times.
- Royal jelly is a stimulant of biogenic nature, the effect of which on the human body is to enhance metabolism. In addition, royal jelly stimulates the endocrine glands and the immune system, improves tissue nutrition, and has an antiseptic effect.
The effect of royal jelly on the endocrine system helps to normalize the level of sex hormones and increase potency (the fight against erectile dysfunction).
- Pollen (“pollen”) of medicinal plants is another beekeeping product with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. It has an effective effect primarily on the tissue of the rectum.
Prostopin to relieve acute hemorrhoids
In addition to the main components, Prostopin hemorrhoids suppositories also contain natural wax, cocoa butter, lanolin and other auxiliary substances.
Pharmacological properties of Prostopin
"Prostopin" demonstrates good efficacy in hemorrhoids primarily due to its wide spectrum of action. This tool:
- relieves inflammation, inhibiting the development of pathogens (bacteria and fungi),
- prevents secondary infection,
- eliminates the unpleasant symptoms of hemorrhoids - pain in the perianal region, skin irritation of the mucous membranes, accompanied by itching, burning, etc.,
- helps stop bleeding, helps heal cracks and ulcers,
- relieves swelling, which leads to a decrease in hemorrhoidal cones and a decrease in their sensitivity,
- normalizes the state of the walls of blood vessels, increasing their elasticity, and also stimulates microcirculation of blood in the perianal region.
- provides regeneration of damaged tissue of the rectum.
Prostopin suppositories from hemorrhoids - properties
Rectal suppositories Prostopin have a wide range of effects. A drug:
- has a tonic effect on the vessels of the rectum and anus,
- eliminates the inflammatory process,
- eliminates pain
- relieves itching burning in the anus and anal canal,
- eliminates bleeding
- heals anal fissures,
- reduces hemorrhoids
- prevents the spread of infection,
- regenerates tissues of the anal canal.
Prostopin improves the nutrition of the tissues of the rectum and restores the affected areas. It stimulates biochemical processes, regulates blood circulation in the rectum and eliminates its stagnation. The drug has a wound healing effect and is an excellent anesthetic. The tool eliminates bacteria in the focus of inflammation.
Also, these rectal suppositories reduce the inflamed hemorrhoidal nodes and anesthetize with hemorrhoids. Suppositories improve the tone of the veins of the rectum and anal canal and make them more elastic. As a result, the inflammatory process stops, blood flow is restored, and hemorrhoidal cones resolve.
Instructions for use
Candles are very easy to use at home. You must first visit the toilet and perform a bowel movement. Then, a hygiene procedure of the anal area should be performed. It is necessary to wash the anus and genitals with warm water without soap. Dry the anal area with a clean soft cloth. The suppository is carefully inserted into the anus. After this, you should go to bed and not get up so that the contents of the drug do not leak.
A rectal suppository is administered 1 time per day at night before bedtime. Treatment may take from two weeks to 1 month, depending on the degree and characteristics of the disease. Since the drug is completely safe, it can be used in the treatment of proctologic diseases for a long time.
The drug is available without a prescription. The shelf life of candles is 2 years. Keep them in the refrigerator.