Possible causes of snoring in women: why and why do women and girls snore?
Female snoring, like male snoring, can be a symptom or a cause of many serious diseases, it provokes constant headaches, poor health and decreased performance, and increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes. To find the appropriate treatment, you first need to find out why a woman snores. About the causes of female snoring and methods of therapy - in the article.
Mechanism of occurrence
During breathing, air enters the lungs through the larynx, pharynx, trachea and bronchi.
In the waking state, the brain provides support for the tone of the pharynx, due to this control the patency of air flows during the day is maintained.
At night, control decreases, muscles relax, with initially narrowed lumen of the paths, they can touch.
During inhalation and exhalation, the passage of air is difficult, as a result of contact and vibration of tissues, sounds of snoring are formed.
When the walls are completely closed, an obstacle is formed for air to enter the lungs, respiratory arrest becomes a threat to the patient's life.
Causes of snoring in women in a dream
Why does snoring appear in women? Here are some of the causes of nighttime snoring in women:
- curved nasal septum - an obstacle is formed in the way of air, sound vibrations are formed,
- polyps and nasal congestion - against the background of this anomaly, a narrowing of space occurs,
- enlarged tonsils and adenoids - also contribute to narrowing the space, which contributes to snoring.
Pregnancy and childbirth
Pregnancy is considered an important stage, any changes in her condition affect not only the woman but also the fetus.
Snoring in girls in this condition is considered an important problem, in this case it is important to prevent obstruction of the respiratory tract, as this can lead to difficulties in the penetration of air into the woman’s body for 2-3 hours per night.
Reduced oxygen content in blood plasma can adversely affect the development of the child up to hypoxia, disruption of nutrition.
For a woman, this condition threatens preeclampsia or an increase in blood pressure. Causes of female snoring during pregnancy:
- significant weight gain
- edema - pathological, not disappearing after rest, provoke deterioration, provoke swelling of the mucous membranes, as a result, the space in the throat narrows with all the ensuing consequences,
- rhinitis - the disease is common among 15-20% of women, as a result, breathing through the nose is much more difficult, nasal congestion occurs.
The aggravation of the problem with age. With age, the female body is rebuilt, the tone of all muscles decreases, including throat muscles, excess weight appears, chronic infections occur. Why does snoring occur in women? When a woman takes a horizontal position, the muscles of the larynx sag, snoring occurs. Hormonal restructuring also exacerbates the problem; there is an opinion that female hormones protect the respiratory tract from obstruction.
Obesity is considered the dominant factor, overweight patients snore 5 times more often, this is explained by the deposition of fat on the neck, under its influence, the airways narrow.
In some cases, there is a possibility of the growth of fatty tissue directly in the pharynx, which contributes to the aggravation of the condition.
What can cause snoring in a drunk person?
The main danger of alcohol is a relaxing effect on the muscles that provokes the temple.
After removing alcohol from the body, the condition normalizes, but with systematic abuse, the tone of muscles and ligaments decreases more and more.
How can smoking provoke snoring?
The effect of smoking on snoring:
- draining the nasal mucosa, resulting in nasal congestion, vibration, snoring,
- irritation of the surface of the respiratory system, which leads to their inflammation, proliferation, narrowing of the lumen of the larynx, etc.
- increase in mucus production - leads to the occurrence of a runny nose of smokers, after filling with mucus of the respiratory tract, their volume changes, the air flow is disturbed.
For more information on the impact of lifestyle on the occurrence of snoring in humans, read this publication.
Dangerous sleep poses
The position of lying on your back is considered dangerous, since the muscles of the pharynx relax, as a result an air obstruction is formed. The wrong position of the head is also considered a provoking factor; during sleep, it should rise at a slight angle. There are special pillows on sale to help keep your head in the correct position.
Psychosomatics of snoring in women. Reasons and how to deal with them?
Direct evidence of psychosomatic snoring is the inability to get rid of the problem with drugs.
Why do women snore? Doctors distinguish the following factors for the development of snoring:
- blocking of emotions - as a result, a lot of negative emotions accumulate that spill out at night through snoring,
- hidden thoughts - snoring often occurs in patients who neglect their opinions to please others,
- lack of self-realization.
The female psyche is considered more developed, which is manifested in sensitivity and compassion. The flip side of the coin is the inability to survive these feelings correctly.
Old grievances can impede the development and achievement of harmony, a woman keeps many emotions and thoughts in her mind for many years, as a result they cannot be expressed.
Therefore, the female psyche is considered one of the causes of snoring in women 's sleep, which is difficult to treat.
Ways to help:
- abandon the past, enjoy the present, enjoy new sensations,
- Do not be afraid to express your own opinion,
- learn to hear others, learn to compromise,
- part with negative emotions
- tune in to positive.
With the passage of the air flow through the respiratory tract, the soft tissues of the sky and tongue vibrate, touch, which is accompanied by specific sounds. Oscillation and vibration of tissues is the result of a narrowing of the lumen of the respiratory tract or a decrease in muscle tone of the walls of the pharynx, which may be due to:
- structural features (long palatine tongue, narrow nasal passages, irregular structure of the facial bones of the skull, sagging soft palate, curved nasal septum, malocclusion),
- hypertrophic tonsils in chronic tonsillitis,
- enlarged adenoids (children are more susceptible to the problem, since the throat tonsil atrophies by adolescence, but in rare cases this does not happen, and then the tissues can grow in an adult),
- allergy (swelling of the nasal mucosa makes breathing difficult, provokes snoring),
- smoking, drinking alcohol (alcohol and tobacco smoke reduce muscle tone),
- dysfunction of the thyroid gland (insufficient production of hormones by the thyroid gland provokes swelling of the tissues of the larynx, tongue, which makes breathing difficult),
- hormonal changes during menopause (due to a decrease in estrogen content, muscle tone is reduced),
- age-related changes in the tissues of the pharynx (after 40-50 years, the tissues of the female body, including the pharyngeal structures, lose their elasticity, become flabby),
- taking sleeping pills (have a relaxing effect on all muscles),
- overweight (the airways in women are narrower than in men, and with obesity they narrow even more due to the proliferation of adipose tissue).
According to statistics, the last five reasons from the list most often cause snoring in women, while in men common provocative factors are bad habits, deformation of the nasal septum, and chronic diseases of the nasopharynx.
Dangers to the female body during sleep
Every night, important organs of a woman experience oxygen starvation, as a result, the risk of developing strokes, heart attacks, and deaths increases.
It is with the phenomenon of apnea associated with an increase in blood pressure at night and in the first half hour of wakefulness.
Due to oxygen deficiency, sharp awakenings occur, the phase of deep sleep sharply decreases or completely disappears.
As a result, a woman experiences depression and weakness throughout the day, which leads to a decrease in intelligence and attention, memory impairment, impaired hormone synthesis.
Constant inferior sleep has an extremely negative effect on the work of the body - its systems wear out over time, various disorders develop.
The consequences of female snoring
Female snoring often becomes a cause of constant lack of sleep, increased fatigue, poor health, headaches, and exacerbation of chronic diseases. And if snoring is accompanied by short-term respiratory arrest (apnea), the flow of oxygen to the brain and heart muscle is reduced. As a result, hypoxia (oxygen starvation) develops, the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and other serious disorders increases.
To find out the exact cause of snoring, a woman should consult an ENT specialist. The diagnosis is based on the results:
- visual examination (rhinoscopy, laryngoscopy),
- laboratory tests
- examinations by other specialized specialists (therapist, endocrinologist, cardiologist),
- polysomnography is a study in which during sleep, indicators of various body functions (heartbeat, respiration, oxygen content in the blood) are recorded.
Based on the diagnosis, the optimal method of therapy for snoring and the causes that cause it are selected.
The pharmaceutical market has an extensive range of snore medications available in the form of sprays, tablets or drops.
- Snorstop. Homeopathic lozenges. Take a tablet at night daily, with a decrease in the severity of snoring - once every two days. The drug should not be taken by pregnant women, people suffering from apnea and are allergic to the components that make up the tablets.
- Sleepex. Throat spray based on peppermint and eucalyptus oils, menthol, methyl salicylate. It has an antiseptic and local tonic effect, reduces inflammation. It is used to prevent the occurrence or decrease in the severity of snoring, as part of the complex treatment of inflammatory diseases of the pharynx, palatine tonsils (pharyngitis, tonsillitis). Contraindications - pregnancy and breastfeeding, age up to 18 years, individual intolerance to the components.
- Dr. Snore. A herbal preparation (contains oils, vitamins) is available in the form of a spray and nasal patch. It eliminates puffiness, tones the muscles of the pharyngeal apparatus, and increases the elasticity of soft palate tissues.
- Asonor. Snore nasal spray softens the mucous membranes, helps increase tissue elasticity and firmness, due to which a positive therapeutic effect is achieved. The tool is not addictive.
Such drugs cope well with female snoring, but they give a short-term effect. To completely eliminate the problem, you should not treat snoring, but its cause.
If during the examination the otorhinolaryngologist identifies diseases of the nasopharynx (sinusitis, tonsillitis) or allergies, then they need to be treated first. Once the inflammation / allergy has passed, the woman will stop snoring.
Hormonal disorders that trigger snoring are treated by an endocrinologist. After examination and an accurate diagnosis, a woman is prescribed a course of hormonal therapy.
If the violation is caused by structural abnormalities (adenoids, hypertrophied tonsils, sagging soft palate or a deformed nasal septum), an appropriate operation is performed (adenotomy, tonsillectomy, uvulopaloplasty, septoplasty).
The treatment is based on the use of a special device that maintains a constant positive pressure in the respiratory tract and provides airflow to the lungs. The device is a sealed mask connected to the microprocessor by a tube. Through the mask, a constant supply of air is carried out, which prevents the closure of the tissues of the respiratory tract. Thanks to CPAP therapy, snoring and hypoxia are eliminated, and body tissues are fully saturated with oxygen. However, after discontinuation of treatment, the problem gradually resumes.
Other devices for snoring
To get rid of the violation, you can purchase a device for snoring in a pharmacy:
- clip “Anti-snoring” - affects the reflexogenic points in the area of the nasal septum, helps to expand the airways,
- dilator strips for the wings of the nose - expand the airways,
- kapa - displaces and supports the lower jaw in a certain position, which prevents the palatine tongue from touching the root of the tongue, respectively, eliminates snoring,
- Extra-ENT - a device resembling a baby's nipple, is placed in the oral cavity, fixes the tongue, preventing the appearance of snoring.
Such devices support the muscle tone of soft tissues and tongue, thereby preventing snoring. However, the effect of the use of devices is temporary.
First aid kit
- Sea buckthorn oil. Instill drop by drop into each nasal passage 3-4 hours before bedtime. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
- Saline solution. Rinse your nose and gargle daily before bedtime (the solution is prepared in the ratio - a teaspoon of sea salt in a glass of water).
- Olive oil. Use gargle daily before bedtime.
- Baked carrots. Eat an hour before meals, before breakfast, lunch, dinner. The substances contained in the root crop increase muscle tone, which reduces the intensity of snoring.
- Cabbage and honey. Add a teaspoon of honey to a glass of fresh cabbage juice (juice can be replaced with mashed cabbage, chopping a vegetable in a blender). The tool helps not only with snoring, but also from insomnia. It is taken at bedtime daily for a month.
- Herbal harvest. To the mixture of elderberry berries, dry roots of saberfish, grass of horsetail (one part) add the root of burdock (2 parts), grind the collection in a coffee grinder. Pour a tablespoon of the collection with a glass of boiling water, insist 1 hour, strain. Take 5 times a day in a tablespoon.
- Infusion or decoction of chamomile. It is recommended to take up to 2 glasses of the drug daily if snoring is caused by hypothyroidism (insufficient production of thyroid hormones).
Along with medicines and folk remedies, snoring women are advised to conduct special exercises to increase muscle tone and strengthen the tissues of the soft palate and tongue. The results of the gymnastics will not be immediately noticeable. Nevertheless, regular exercise helps to significantly reduce the severity of snoring or completely get rid of the problem.
Other supporting methods to combat female snoring are:
- acupuncture and acupressure (improves blood circulation, increases muscle tone),
- breathing exercises and exercises to strengthen the vocal cords,
- classes with yoga elements.
To prevent or reduce the intensity of snoring, it is recommended:
- sleep on an orthopedic pillow (products for sleep reduce the load on the cervical spine, provide better blood flow to the brain),
- fall asleep on your side, do not sleep in a supine position,
- fight excess weight (if necessary),
- quit smoking and drinking alcohol,
- timely treat diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
Female snoring occurs for various reasons. Sometimes, to solve the problem, it is enough to provide sleep in the most natural and comfortable position with the help of orthopedic products. In other cases, snoring occurs against a background of various disorders in the body, and it will be possible to get rid of the problem by eliminating the main provoking factor. Only a doctor can choose the optimal treatment method based on the results of a medical examination. For diagnosis, a woman needs to see an otorhinolaryngologist, a somnologist, and in the presence of concomitant diseases, a cardiologist, endocrinologist.
How snoring occurs
You probably paid attention to the fact that older people, regardless of gender, snore more often than young people. And child snoring is generally a rarity. This is due to the mechanism of the phenomenon itself. Snoring appears only for one reason - the air stream passing through the respiratory tract meets an obstacle and begins to vibrate, making characteristic sounds.
And the reasons why this obstacle may appear (although it should not be normal) are very diverse. And conditionally they can be divided into three categories: physiological, pathological and hormonal.
It is impossible to choose an effective way how to deal with snoring in women without finding out why it appeared, since snoring is not a disease or even a symptom, but a purely physical phenomenon.
Obstacles to airflow may include:
- soft tissues that have lost their firmness and elasticity and “sag” when the muscles are relaxed,
- neoplasms: polyps, adenoids, benign and malignant tumors,
- curvature of the nasal septum, due to which one of the nasal passages is much narrower than the other,
- swelling of the soft tissues of the throat, narrowing the lumen of the larynx and not allowing air to pass freely.
There is only one way to get rid of snoring for a woman - find the cause of the obstruction in the air flow and completely eliminate it. Sometimes it’s simple, but often several factors cause female snoring at the same time, and then treatment may require a thorough examination and a whole range of measures.
In rare cases, only surgery can help eliminate the causes of snoring in women.
Sometimes the causes of snoring in women are completely obvious, and treatment is not required, it is enough to simply eliminate them. But most cannot do this, because they simply do not take into account the influence of external factors.
Provoke night snoring in women can:
- too high a pillow, due to which the neck is in a very curved position and the larynx or carotid artery simply periodically pinches,
- a very soft pillow - the head “falls through” it and is in fact in a tilted back position all night,
- allergic reactions, primarily to the materials from which bedding is made (down pillows, woolen blankets, synthetic blankets, etc.),
- dry or very hot air in the room provokes swelling of the mucous membranes and narrowing of the lumen of the larynx,
- external irritants (dust, dirt, unpleasant odors, household chemicals, smoke) lead to loosening and inflammation of the mucous membranes.
Sometimes it’s enough just to change the pillow, ventilate the room and adjust the humidity to eliminate even strong snoring in women.
Physiological reasons also include the curvature of the nasal septum or structural features of the face (excess palatine tissue, backward jaw). In most cases, nothing can be done without the help of surgeons. But surgical intervention should be justified, and doctors usually recommend it only to those women who develop apnea due to snoring - temporary respiratory arrest in a dream.
Many people are not aware of the dangers of apnea, but sometimes such a respiratory arrest can lead to sudden death. At this moment, a person’s heart rate slows sharply, and he experiences a severe lack of oxygen, which the body tries to compensate by a strong increase in blood pressure. In people with cardiovascular problems, this can trigger a heart attack or stroke.
But even without taking into account such severe possible consequences of snoring in a dream, this phenomenon is unhealthy. Often a person wakes up from his own snoring and this does not allow him to get enough sleep, not to mention others.
The constant oxygen deficiency that the body experiences due to insufficient air intake affects the functioning of the brain, nervous and cardiovascular systems.
The result of constant snoring in a dream is increased irritability, fatigue, decreased performance, difficulties with prolonged concentration of attention.
Over time, snoring women may experience insomnia, nervous breakdowns, and even depression. Therefore, to leave such a problem as snoring should not be ignored in any case.
If we could not get rid of snoring in a dream, eliminating external stimuli and other possible physiological causes, then with high probability we can say that there is a pathology in the body.
The most common cause of snoring is chronic respiratory illness or a strong proliferation of adenoids. To make an accurate diagnosis, you need to undergo a comprehensive examination and pass several tests. Therefore, it is worth going to the doctor’s appointment.
The otolaryngologist usually helps establish the true cause of snoring. Already at the initial examination, he can detect enlarged adenoids or signs of other diseases. In adults, the proliferation of adenoids is usually provoked by chronic rhinitis or sinusitis of an infectious or allergic nature.
The only way to cure snoring in women, in this case, is a course of complex therapy that will affect the causative agent of the underlying disease and / or lead to a decrease in the amount of lymphoid tissue of adenoids. Usually used medication, physiotherapy and breathing exercises to increase the tone of the smooth muscles of the larynx.
With the allergic nature of respiratory diseases, it is necessary to take antihistamines, which relieve swelling of the mucous membranes and reduce secretion. With an infectious nature, a course of antibiotics, antimycotic or antiviral drugs is prescribed, depending on the pathogen identified.
In parallel, folk remedies or natural-based preparations with a vasoconstrictor and astringent effect can be used, contributing to the rapid restoration of the mucous membranes, the removal of edema and the maintenance of soft tissue tone.
It is recommended to regularly gargle with decoctions of oak bark, sage, eucalyptus, coltsfoot, rosemary. Aromatherapy or inhalation with tea tree oil, fir, juniper, lavender, cedar is useful.
Hormonal changes are the main reason why women snore after 45-50 years. At this age, the process of extinction of reproductive function, which is called menopause, begins. The body produces fewer major female hormones, estrogen. But they affect not only childbirth.
Estrogens maintain smooth muscle tone, elasticity of the skin and blood vessels, stimulate blood circulation, increase the concentration of iron in the blood. With a strong deficit, which can be observed in the postmenopausal period, the elasticity of soft tissues decreases sharply, which causes the appearance of night snoring.
Hormonal imbalance is often found in women who have been taking uncontrolled oral contraceptives for a long time. Such drugs should be selected by a specialist strictly individually, after a series of laboratory tests. Only in this case they are absolutely safe and even able to solve some women's problems.
Almost always there is snoring in a dream in women with large overweight. Fat can accumulate under the skin of the neck and chin, under the soft tissues of the sky, causing a narrowing of the lumen of the larynx. As a result, breathing is difficult, the body receives less oxygen, shortness of breath and snoring appear, diseases of the internal organs develop.
But often obesity is associated not only with overeating. Lack of activity of the thyroid gland leads to the fact that a woman lacks thyroxine - a hormone that regulates metabolic processes in all cells and tissues of the body. Slowing metabolism leads to the fact that even with a relatively small consumption of food, weight begins to increase. And with regular overeating, it increases rapidly.
Only an endocrinologist can identify and eliminate the hormonal causes of snoring in women. For this, a special detailed blood test for hormones is done, and then drugs are prescribed that restore the normal hormonal background.
If the course of treatment is selected correctly, then after a few months the snoring disappears.
Of the ready-made pharmaceutical preparations, Snoreks proved to be excellent - a spray based on propolis and extracts of medicinal plants: sage and calendula. It quickly facilitates breathing, reduces mucus secretion, reduces lymphoid tissue. A good antiseptic and antifungal agent, while it is completely natural. The only contraindication to it is individual intolerance.
The spray is so effective because it irrigates large surfaces of the mucous membranes and stays on them for a long time, since small particles of the drug sprayed under pressure can penetrate deeper than when rinsing. Therefore, Snorex and other drugs similar to it give quite quick and tangible results after just a few uses, making breathing easier and relieving snoring.
Another 100% natural spray MySleepGood also belongs to this type. It is created on the basis of essential oils of sage, mint, lemon balm and lemon. It has a pleasant taste and aroma and perfectly restores the mucous membranes, restoring them their lost firmness and elasticity. A nice bonus is a mild soothing effect that provides lemon balm. The tool speeds up falling asleep and improves sleep quality. Approximately 10-14 days after the start of treatment with sprays, snoring is significantly weakened, and after a month (if there are no pathological reasons) it can disappear completely.
A new way, how to treat snoring in women, is gaining popularity - a special clip for sleeping “Anti-snoring”.
Contrary to popular belief, it does not interfere with normal nasal breathing. The clip is made of high quality silicone and gently clamps not the nasal passages, but the acupuncture points on the surface of the nose, working on the principle of reflexology. By acting on them all night, it can affect the restoration of smooth muscle tone, improve sleep and calm the nervous system.
But in order not to look for ways to get rid of snoring for a girl or woman, it is necessary to know and apply preventive measures that impede the development of this rather unpleasant phenomenon:
- Refusal of bad habits - will save the mucous membranes from premature destruction and wilting, and at the same time improve the condition of the skin and immune system.
- Cleanliness and humidity - should be monitored and maintained constantly, especially in sleeping rooms.
- Colds, acute respiratory infections, acute respiratory viral infections - it is necessary to completely treat, there is no residual runny nose, if the nose continues to stiffen after recovery - it is necessary to look for and eliminate the causes, preventing the development of chronic diseases.
- Maintaining optimal weight - you already know about the effect of obesity on snoring, but with insufficient body weight anemia and vitamin deficiency develop, in which immunity decreases and the risk of respiratory diseases increases.
- Respiratory gymnastics - it was not in vain that the East was considered an integral part of the recipe for longevity, it helps to keep muscles and skin in good shape, supplies additional oxygen, and strengthens the immune system.
Do not forget about moderate physical exertion and regular walks in the fresh air. It strengthens the body, balances the work of all its organs and systems, gives pleasure, contributing to the production of serotonin - the hormone of happiness, which accelerates metabolic processes, normalizing weight.
The female body is a complex system in which there are no trifles, so snoring can be completely eliminated only by re-adjusting the work of the whole body.
Snoring among women is less common than among men, but recently the number of visits to a doctor has increased. The causes of snoring in women at a young age, as well as in the elderly, are very different. At risk are older women who are overweight. Snoring occurs during pregnancy, bad habits, especially the structure of the larynx, can aggravate the problem. Snoring is a danger to a woman’s health and can cause respiratory arrest and death.
What is the danger of snoring for the female body?
Usually snoring is not considered a serious health problem and does not require special treatment. But constant, quite loud snoring can be a symptom of apnea, and this disease already requires diagnosis and medical supervision. The characteristic symptoms of apnea are snoring, sweating in a dream, decreased performance, respiratory arrest in a dream, etc.
Also among the consequences of snoring are:
- Conflicts in the family.
- Chronic lack of sleep.
- Poor general health.
- Holding your breath up to several times per night.
- Poor blood oxygenation.
- The risk of heart attack, stroke.
Snoring in women - causes
Snoring in a dream is associated with trembling of the walls of the nasopharynx, soft palate and palatine tongue with narrowing of the opening through which air passes during breathing. The causes of this phenomenon in women can be different:
- Endocrine disruptions:
- an increase in the blood content of male sex hormones - androgens and a decrease in the content of their antagonists - female sex hormones of estrogens that support smooth muscle tone, including the muscles of the soft palate and palatine tongue, with a decrease in tone, the muscles sag and oscillate during breathing, causing sound, at night, the muscles relax more, so the problem is aggravated,
- prolonged use of hormonal contraceptives without laboratory monitoring can lead to persistent suppression of the production of their own estrogens, which will also contribute to the development of respiratory disorders,
- age after 40 - 45 years, when there is a physiological decrease in estrogen secretion,
- hypothyroidism - a decrease in thyroid function, with this disease, the metabolism slows down, which cannot but affect the secretion of sex hormones, weight increases, dry mucous membranes, including the nasopharynx, develop, all this contributes to the development of snoring,
- diabetes mellitus - a violation of carbohydrate metabolism leads to impaired blood circulation, decreased immunity and the development of chronic infectious and inflammatory processes, including in the area of ENT organs (chronic sinusitis, tonsillitis, adenoiditis), they cause tissue swelling, which intensifies at night when the body warms up and is in a horizontal position,
- obesity - extra pounds increase during menopause and menopause (estrogen deficiency affects), with some endocrine diseases, a sedentary lifestyle and malnutrition, fat deposits in the soft palate contribute to snoring at night.
- Any chronic inflammatory diseases of the nasopharynx - allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, adenoiditis, etc.
- Smoking, alcohol abuse - leads to drying of the mucous membranes and their reduction in volume (atrophy), thinned mucous membranes cannot fully fulfill their barrier function - to prevent the penetration of infections and toxins that have a negative effect on the smooth muscles of the nasopharynx.
- Prolonged uncontrolled use of sleeping pills and powerful sedatives (tranquilizers), this leads to constant relaxation of smooth muscles and the development of snoring.
- Disorders from the central or peripheral nervous systemwhich lead to changes in the innervation of the smooth muscles of the soft palate.
- Snoring may also occur. against the background of severe overwork or after suffering stress.
What is the danger of snoring?
The peculiarity of female snoring is that it is not as strong and sonorous as male, so many do not immediately pay attention to it. They may not even know that against this background, they stop breathing for a critical 10 or more seconds. This condition is called apnea.
The danger of snoring is that when breathing stops, oxygen does not enter the brain, which means that the functioning of the main nerve centers responsible for the cardiovascular and respiratory systems is disrupted, inhibition of these centers can lead to complete cessation of breathing and heartbeat.
In addition, the appearance of this defect becomes a litmus test, signaling the presence of endocrine and infectious inflammatory processes in the body. Ignoring snoring means starting up existing diseases.
Female snoring treatments
In order to eliminate this unpleasant symptom, you need to identify its causes. Most often, such complaints are addressed to the otolaryngologist. If he does not reveal his pathology, then he sends the woman for a consultation with a dentist, endocrinologist, gynecologist and allergist. And only after establishing the correct diagnosis can adequate treatment be prescribed. Depending on the diagnosis, it can be:
- conservative - medication, treatment with folk remedies, the use of various devices that prevent snoring, lifestyle changes, etc.,
- surgical - for various diseases and defects of ENT organs.
Drug treatment is prescribed strictly according to the indications:
- if the revealed pathology is associated with hormonal disorders, replacement therapy is prescribed, diabetes, hypothyroidism and other endocrine disorders are treated,
- with swelling of the nasopharynx, vasoconstrictor drops are prescribed for the night: Otrivin, Nazivin, Vibrocil, etc., with constant severe swelling, the otolaryngologist can prescribe glucocorticoid hormones for topical use, for example, Nazonex nasal spray, which is guaranteed to eliminate swelling,
- in case of violation of the tone of the smooth muscles of the nasopharynx, sprays such as Slipex, Snorex, Asonor, Doctor Snore are prescribed, they all also have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects,
- nasal patches have a longer effect: Dr. Snore, Slipeks, Asonor, they are attached to the nose in the nose and last up to 12 hours.
Surgical treatment is performed when respiratory failure is the result of some ENT diseases, excess tissue in the nasopharynx or significant sagging soft tissue. The following operations are carried out:
- adenectomy - removal of adenoids,
- elimination of the curvature of the nasal septum,
- removal of excess soft tissue in the nasopharynx with a laser, a radio knife or an ordinary scalpel,
- the installation of implants in the soft palate, preventing sagging muscles.
Devices for nose and mouth
To get rid of breathing problems during sleep, many devices were invented:
- the main danger of night snoring is respiratory arrest, to prevent this complication CPAP therapy is used, which is carried out using special devices that supply air to the respiratory tract under pressure, which prevents snoring and the development of apnea,
- to keep the lower jaw and tongue in the correct position, put on special mouth caps at night,
- apply bandages that support the lower jaw on the outside in the right condition,
- stun gun bracelets, they are worn on the wrist at night, and if a woman starts snoring, a light electric discharge wakes her up, forcing her to change her body position,
- rings providing reflex suppression of sounds through points on the little finger,
- silicone magnetic nose clips Anti-Snoring, Just-Useful - also have a reflex effect on points located in the nasal cavity.
Traditional medicine recommends:
- decoction of oak bark, suitable for strengthening the muscles of the soft palate, preparing a decoction based on a tablespoon of crushed bark per liter of water, boil for 10 minutes, leave to cool, strain, bring the volume of the decoction to the original level with boiled water and rinse your mouth twice a day,
- cabbage juice with honey is suitable for those whose pathology is associated with increased dryness and atrophy of the mucous membranes of the nose and pharynx, add a teaspoon of honey to half a glass of juice and drink the mixture before bedtime,
- carrot juice will help strengthen the mucosa, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to half a glass of carrot juice, mix well and drink in the morning after breakfast,
- aloe juice, will help restore the mucous membrane, tear off the aloe leaf, hold it for several hours in the dark, and then squeeze the juice and dig it into your nose 3-4 times a day,
- sea buckthorn oil, instill several times a day in both nostrils: prevents drying and atrophy of the mucous membranes.
A healthy lifestyle will help get rid of breathing problems. It is worth reviewing and changing all your habits. First of all, you should monitor your weight. And this implies proper healthy nutrition without extreme diets and overeating. It is also necessary to move more, if possible engage in sports or gymnastics. This increases the overall tone of the body, including muscle tone in the nasopharynx.
Be sure to get rid of bad habits - smoking, alcohol abuse, which contribute to atrophy of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx.
Hypnotics should be used strictly as prescribed by the doctor with intermittent courses to avoid drug dependence and excessive relaxation during sleep.
You need to sleep with snoring on an orthopedic pillow with a raised head end of the bed (you can put wooden blocks or bricks under the legs), on the side.
An approximate set of exercises for snoring:
- take a pencil in your teeth and squeeze it with force, counting to 90, rest for a minute and repeat the exercise,
- push the lower jaw forward strongly, and then push it back with the same force (reach 20 times),
- stick out your tongue strongly, reach it to the chin and keep it, counting to 20 (perform up to 20 times),
- straining the muscles of the tongue, try to push it into the throat, (repeat up to 20 times),
- sing with a throat, making alternating sounds of “I” and “S”.
A set of exercises should be performed twice a day for a long time. The first results will appear no earlier than in 3 - 4 weeks.
With snoring of any origin, muscle strengthening in the soft palate, nasopharynx and neck will help to eliminate it.
The video demonstrates some anti-snoring exercises:
Snoring in women always has a cause. To get rid of it, you need to identify and eliminate these causes. This is not as difficult as it seems, especially since the examination will help to identify and eliminate other, sometimes more serious diseases that threaten the health and life of the woman.
Snoring in women - causes and treatment
Snoring in a dream is associated with vibration of the walls of the nasopharynx, soft palate and palatine tongue while reducing the opening through which oxygen passes during breathing. Factors of this phenomenon in women can be diverse:
Disruptions in the activity of the endocrine system:
- an increase in blood levels of male sex hormones - androgens and a decrease in the content of their antagonists - female sex hormones of estrogens that support smooth muscle tone, including muscles of the soft palate and palatine tongue, with a decrease in tone, muscles flex and sway during breathing, initiating sound accompaniment, the muscles weaken at night more, for this reason the problem intensifies,
- prolonged use of hormonal contraceptives without laboratory monitoring can lead to a strong inhibition of the production of their own estrogens, which will also contribute to the formation of respiratory disorders,
- age after 40 - 45 years, when there is a natural decrease in estrogen secretion,
- hypothyroidism - a decrease in the functionality of the thyroid gland, with this ailment, the metabolism is inhibited, which cannot but affect the production of sex hormones, weight increases, dryness of the mucous membranes, including the nasopharynx, forms, all this contributes to the formation of snoring,
- diabetes mellitus - a violation of carbohydrate metabolism leads to impaired blood flow, decreased immunity and the formation of protracted infectious and inflammatory processes, including in the area of ENT organs (chronic sinusitis, tonsillitis, adenoiditis), they provoke swelling of the tissues, which aggravates at night when the body warms up and is located in a horizontal position,
- obesity - unnecessary kilos increase during menopause and menopause (a lack of estrogen affects), with certain endocrine pathologies, an unstable lifestyle and poor diet, fat accumulations in the soft palate promote snoring at night.
All kinds of chronic inflammatory diseases of the nasopharynx - allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, adenoiditis, etc.
Smoking, a love of alcohol - leads to drying out of the mucous membranes and their reduction in volume (atrophy), thinned mucous membranes cannot fully fulfill their barrier task - to prevent the entry of infections and toxins that have a negative effect on the smooth muscles of the nasopharynx.
Prolonged uncontrolled use of sleeping pills and powerful sedatives (tranquilizers) - this leads to constant relaxation of smooth muscles and the formation of snoring.
Failures from the central or peripheral nervous system, which lead to changes in the innervation of the smooth muscles of the soft palate.
Snoring can also occur against the background of severe overwork or as a result of stress.
Diagnosis and treatment
Suspension of breathing at night, in a dream, is one of the most serious consequences of snoring.
To understand whether there is such a risk, a diagnostic process called polysomnography is performed. It is produced using a special device. The patient is connected to it using special sensors. The tool records the characteristics of breathing, heart rhythms, and more. The results obtained in this case are taken as the basis for the diagnosis. Based on it, an effective treatment is compiled.
Spectators have repeatedly asked questions to Elena Malysheva: how to act when there is snoring in women, what type of therapy to apply? Is it possible to completely cure snoring and improve sleep? How to remove snoring in a dream in women? What to do to organize treatment and overcome this scourge? Options for treating snoring depend on the severity of the pathology and personal characteristics. Therefore, healing methods are not equally effective for all women. How to properly treat snoring in women? Based on the results of the diagnosis, professionals will be able to choose an effective remedy for snoring.
- Therapy with the use of medicinal medicines. Special nasal sprays and drops are prescribed to promote proper breathing. Their function is to moisturize and soften the mucous membranes of the nose. Removing edema, they contribute to the expansion of the lumen of the airways.
- When snoring occurs due to excess weight, everything possible must be done to relieve it. The patient will need the help of a nutritionist. Professionals will prescribe her a suitable diet for a long time. It will be necessary to exclude all high-calorie foods from the diet and not eat before bedtime. Any lady will be happy to get herself in proper shape - she, in addition to getting rid of snoring, will have an extra incentive to follow medical instructions and a strict diet.
- If there are congenital abnormalities in the device of the nasopharynx, a surgical operation is required. With its help, correction of the nasal septum is possible. In some situations this problem is solved using a laser. After that, it will take at least two to three weeks for rehabilitation. Such an operation will undoubtedly relieve unpleasant snoring.
- There is no need to stay in the hospital for the duration of the healing of snoring. But a woman must remember that she needs peace, alcohol is prohibited and smoking is contraindicated. In this case, treatment procedures using digital medical equipment may be necessary.
- If the cause of snoring is severe stress or an onset of chronic fatigue, then after the diagnosis is made, the patient will receive a prescription for taking antidepressants and sedatives to help eliminate the problem.
- If the cause of the disease is a hormonal failure in the body due to improper activity of the endocrine system, which is detected on the basis of the results of complex analyzes, doctors prescribe hormone-containing drugs to restore balance.
In addition to the aforementioned, doctors prescribe special exercises that, together with medical procedures, help to cure snoring and normalize sleep in women. They are performed as follows.
- Grip wood chips in your teeth. Fix the clamp, hold it and do not let go for 2-3 minutes. It is advisable to perform this manipulation a couple of minutes before bedtime.
- Throwing the tongue out, tilt it down as far as possible in order to feel the tension. So hold out for at least 20 seconds. The number of repetitions is 20-30 times. Also exercise before bedtime.
- Movement of the lower jaw forward and backward, while pressing on it with his hands to experience resistance. The lesson should be performed twice every day: in the mornings and evenings, at least 10-15 repetitions.
After a month of such daily gymnastics, the result will appear, provided that the exercises are systematically and honestly performed. In addition to the above, when treating snoring, doctors advise women to also follow the following basic recommendations.
- In order not to burden the body, you should not eat too late. This is allowed no later than 3 hours before going to bed.Otherwise, a feeling of heaviness cannot be avoided, which causes the occurrence of night snoring.
- It is advisable to lie on your side while sleeping. If you form a similar habit, there will be no inconvenience. In this position, snoring almost always goes away.
- Before you go to sleep, be sure to clean the nasal cavity. Hygiene of the nasal cavity and respiratory tract should be carried out continuously. If there is nasal congestion, definitely take measures to eliminate it.
- The use of an orthopedic pillow supporting the neck gives excellent results to reduce the load on the neck muscles. This changes the placement of the head, which helps to facilitate breathing.
Today it’s important to use a special anti-snoring clip. With its support, you can to some extent reduce the power and volume of snoring.
But this is not a healing method. The very reason for the formation of snoring will not disappear. Use this tool is advised in conjunction with healing procedures.
In the case when the medical procedures did not remove the snoring from the woman or did not minimize it, the use of alternative methods of therapy is allowed. For example, rinsing the nasal cavity with saline or an aqueous solution of sea salt. A similar procedure is performed using a syringe, a syringe without a needle, or simply by pulling alternately with both nostrils. At the same time, water is required undoubtedly boiled, warm, close to body temperature. In addition to cleansing the nasal sinuses and reducing swelling of the mucous membrane, washing helps to disinfect and eliminates inflammatory processes.
Sea buckthorn oil is a common folk method of combating snoring. It is used for instillation into the nose. In combination with other methods of treatment, gives a suitable result. It softens the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract. It can be used continuously, since it is harmless and has no restrictions. About 30-40 minutes before bedtime, drip a few drops into each nostril. Before use, it is recommended to carry out hygiene measures to clean the nasal cavity.
The best choice is a single application of therapeutic procedures and alternative methods of healing. In combination, they give the desired result.
In a word, if you make an effort, you can certainly find out how to free a woman from snoring in a dream.
Complications of snoring in women
The negative effects of snoring at night significantly reduce a woman's quality of life. They have reduced performance, sex drive, often in the morning there are headaches. A woman wakes up without fully resting during the night; she feels chronic fatigue during the day. She may worsen chronic diseases.
If a pregnant woman suffers from snoring, her child is threatened with hypoxia during nighttime sleep due to her mother’s defective breathing. If snoring develops into obstructive sleep apnea, the risk of pathologies of the heart and blood vessels, arterial hypertension, and even death is increased.
Measures to Prevent Female Snoring
Every person at different ages is capable of snoring. If one or many close family members suffer from this pathology, if at least once there was a respiratory failure in a dream, it is necessary to take preventive measures to prevent the formation of this problem. These include:
- weight loss
- reduced alcohol consumption,
- to give up smoking,
- high head placement in a dream,
- the correct position at night
- refusal to use sleeping pills,
- rid of nasal passages of mucus,
- cold humidified air in the bedroom.
All these points prevent the progress of pathology, help prevent its severe manifestations. Be sure to at the first symptoms of snoring in a dream go to consult an expert and listen to his recommendations. Timely identified cause of the disease and correctly selected therapy are important circumstances to prevent more severe progress of pathology.
What is snoring?
Sleep snoring (ronchopathy) is a pathological progressive process that is accompanied by airway obstruction and respiratory failure. Pathology manifests itself in a dream with a low unpleasant sound, which is accompanied by vibration and in some cases reaches a volume of up to 112 dB.
In a person’s dream, the back of the palate relaxes, as well as the palatine tongue. During breathing, the sleeping person experiences throat vibration, which is considered the source of a vibrating sound called snoring.
Ronchopathy is classified according to severity:
- Mild degree. Snoring occurs during sleep on the back and disappears when you change position.
- Medium heavy power. Snoring bothers the roommates and does not stop, even if the sleeping person changes his position. Sometimes snoring is accompanied by apnea - short-term respiratory arrest in a dream. The quality of life of the patient is deteriorating. After sleep, a person feels tired and sleepy.
- Severe degree. Snoring causes big problems for relatives and the patient himself. A person feels bouts of suffocation, often wakes up. The patient experiences slight relief if he sleeps sitting or half-sitting, bending his head down.
Lack of sleep, as an undesirable consequence of ronchopathy, can cause many troubles - a person can fall asleep while driving, attentiveness may suffer, which will lead to problems in professional activities. With attacks of suffocation in a dream, the risk of sudden death increases.
The danger of snoring in women
Intermittent snoring in a dream in women of mild severity does not pose a danger to the body. Pathological and persistent snoring, independent of the sleeping posture, can cause a number of changes in the respiratory system and provoke respiratory failure and decreased ventilation of the upper respiratory tract.
The body's response to reduced ventilation is insufficient blood oxygenation and a change in breathing. A woman, even while awake, breathes through her mouth and suffers from a lost respiratory rhythm. Most women with snoring experience a change in blood counts associated with hypoxia.
Respiratory failure caused by ronopathy can cause a number of physiological changes in the body:
- Heart failure,
- Risk of developing cardiovascular disease,
- High blood pressure
- Change in blood counts,
- Impaired lung function,
- Metabolic disease.
Constant snoring in a woman's dream can cause respiratory arrest and death. If a woman sweats during sleep, constantly and loudly snores and does not respond to her snoring, but feels tired and fatigued during the day - all this can be a symptom of nocturnal apnea.
Drops and sprays in the nose:
- Asonor - relieves swelling of the nasopharynx, suitable as a prophylactic,
- Snorex is a fast-acting herb-based drug that eliminates nasopharyngeal edema, apnea attacks, and nasal congestion. Approved for use in pregnant women,
- Sominorm - moisturizes the nasal mucosa, relieves swelling, stimulates the respiratory muscles,
- AntiHrap - relaxes the nasopharyngeal mucosa, eliminates inflammation, swelling and nasal congestion (including due to allergies).
Tablets for the treatment of ronchopathy:
- Anti-snoring - a homeopathic medicine that eliminates dryness of the larynx and relieves swelling in the nasopharynx,
- Snorstop - has a relaxing effect, prevents laryngeal edema, eliminates allergy symptoms, normalizes the respiratory process, and reduces vibration during breathing.
- Kapa - holds the lower jaw and tongue,
- Adhesive patch - used by patients with a curved nasal septum.
Sprays and pills for snoring in a dream have a short-term effect and are not suitable for continuous use. If a woman stops taking medication, she will snore again.
CPAP - Therapy
This treatment method involves creating airway pressure to expand during sleep. For this, a special device is used - a compressor. Through a flexible tube and a nose mask, the compressor delivers air to the airways under a certain pressure. Among the indications for a CPAP therapy session is a temporary respiratory failure in sleep (apnea).
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, which makes it not very popular for the treatment of ronchopathy.
If the causes of severe snoring in a woman are an anatomical feature or trauma, polyps, adenoids or neoplasms in the nose, then radical treatment will be needed:
- Removal of adenoid, polyps, tumors,
- Dissection of synechia in the nasopharynx,
- Removal of a curved nasal septum,
- Removal of palatine tonsils,
- Nose surgery
- Removal of the lower part of the nasal mucosa.
Non-invasive treatments are available:
- Cryodestruction (reduction of the size of the tonsils, exposure to the palate and palatine tongue with the help of the cold),
- Laser and radio frequency notches for tightening the soft palate.
The use of laser and cryodestruction for the treatment of ronchopathy has a short-term effect, and in some cases leads to a deterioration of the patient's condition.
To strengthen the muscles of the soft palate and tongue, it is recommended to perform simple exercises:
- Whistling. Exercise is best performed in the fresh air for 20-30 minutes daily.
- The sound "and." Every day with an effort to make a sound for a minute.
- Tension of the tongue. With your mouth closed, you should strain your tongue and pull it in the direction of the larynx. You need to breathe with your nose. Such an exercise is recommended to be performed up to 15 times a day.
- Movement of the lower jaw. For this, the jaw is pushed forward and back up to 30 times a day.
- Exercise with the tongue. You should relax and close your eyes. Move the language in different directions - right, left, up and down.
- Breath through the nose. Before going to bed, it is recommended to inhale with one nostril, and exhale with another, alternately pinching the nose.
- Exercise with a pencil. Take a pencil (you can use a wooden spoon or stick) and hold it with your teeth for 3 minutes. Exercise is performed before bedtime.
Gymnastics does not give an instant result in the treatment of ronchopathy. Exercises should be performed for at least a month. If snoring is accompanied by nocturnal apnea, gymnastics will be useless.
Traditional medicine recipes can be used both separately and in combination with pharmaceuticals for the treatment of snoring in women sleep. The most popular and effective recipes for the treatment and prevention of ronopathy:
- Rinse sinuses with aqueous saline. For the solution, you need 1 teaspoon of sea salt and a glass of water at room temperature. The nose is washed at least twice a day. The procedure is required in the morning and evening before bedtime. Salt solution copes well with nasal congestion.
- Gargle with infusion from medicinal herbs. To prepare the broth, take 1 tablespoon of calendula and oak bark. Herbs are poured with boiling water and insist for 2-3 hours. Such an infusion should be gargled several times a day.
- Take inside infusion of herbs. For infusion, you will need to collect medicinal herbs - horsetail, burdock (burdock), saber root and elderberry. A collection spoon is poured into a glass of boiling water and insisted for an hour. Infusion is taken 5 times a day for 1 spoon.
- Bury oil in the nasal passages. Thuja oil, sea buckthorn and olive oil are used to treat snoring. The procedure relieves inflammation and swelling, and is also used to prevent adenoiditis. Oil is instilled into each nasal passage before bedtime for 2-3 weeks.
- Take cabbage with honey. Large cabbage leaf should be crushed to a puree state. In a puree add a spoonful of liquid honey. The healing mixture is consumed within a month before bedtime.
Traditional medicine recipes are recommended to be used after consultation with a doctor and in the absence of allergic reactions to medicinal herbs and honey. It should be remembered that some herbs are contraindicated during pregnancy.
Snoring is the norm or pathology
Snoring during sleep occurs so often that many do not see anything dangerous in it, consider it a kind of norm and simply suffer the inconvenience associated with it. But the discomfort from this problem is not the most unpleasant. Its consequence can be serious complications that are dangerous to human health.
Features of female snoring
The causes of snoring in women are basically the same as in men. But there are specific prerequisites. Girls are more emotional, more often stressed. They resort to sedatives and sleeping pills. Mostly female individuals are prone to breathing problems due to thyroid disease. During pregnancy or menopause, they narrow the airways.
List and description of the reasons
Before fighting snoring, you need to understand why it appears. Sometimes the source of its occurrence can be removed independently, eliminating the predisposing factor. The problem develops as a result of the following circumstances:
- anatomical features of the body,
- alcohol intake
- curvature of the nasal septum,
- uncomfortable position in a dream.
Alcohol relaxes the muscles of the human body, including the pharynx. Fat deposits cause a narrowing of the passages of the ENT organs and complicates the flow of air. With an uncomfortable posture during sleep, a supine position, muscle tone decreases and snoring occurs. Pathology of the respiratory system, for example, curvature of the nasal septum, interferes with the free circulation of air flow.
In men, snoring occurs 10 times more often than in women. There is a sexual predisposition to causes. For some of them, pathology is more often manifested in the stronger sex, for others - in the weaker. The frequency of the problem increases with age, but snoring can occur in adolescents, children. The likelihood of disturbances is more frequent in certain conditions, diseases.
The causes of night breathing disorders are divided into anatomical and functional. The first occur with problems such as curvature of the nasal septum, congenital narrowness of the airways, adenoids, polyps, malocclusion, and excess weight. Functional results from fatigue, smoking, alcohol, thyroid disease, the pituitary gland, and hormone lowering during menopause.
Snoring in pregnant women
Often, despite a young age, during pregnancy, a woman notes the first occurrence of snoring. It is possible to strengthen a pre-existing pathology. This can happen for a number of reasons:
- Weight gain. During pregnancy, a woman gains excess weight, while fat deposits occur in tissues and organs. Being deposited on the neck, they cause a narrowing of the lumen of the pharynx.
- Runny nose of pregnant women. It occurs in 25% of women in position, makes breathing difficult, and may contribute to snoring.
- Hormonal changes. The blood content of progesterone rises, which relaxes the muscles of the whole body, including the nasopharynx.
Respiratory failure leads to a decrease in oxygen in the blood. This is dangerous for any person, and especially for mom and baby.
Background of the syndrome in different age categories
The occurrence of snoring is possible at any age, there are cases of such a pathology not only in adolescents, but also in young children. But still, the frequency of occurrence of the problem increases with growing up. After 65 years, snoring is observed in almost half of people.
This is primarily due to an age-related decrease in muscle tone, nasopharyngeal tissue.An important role is played by the factor that over the years a person acquires many diseases, including ENT organs. Also, as a result of diseases and injuries, various structural anomalies arise. Elderly people often suffer from sleep disorders and are forced to take sleeping pills, and they have a relaxing effect on the body, like alcohol.
Female snoring treatment
Therapy of this pathology begins with an examination. An otolaryngologist will help identify existing respiratory problems and tell you how to treat snoring in women. Be sure to consult with an endocrinologist, a therapist. Also, polysomnography will help to understand the cause and degree of the disease.
The doctor after the examination will determine further tactics for dealing with the problem. If this is overweight, you must definitely get rid of it with the help of a properly selected diet and physical activity. With the growth of the soft palate, surgery is likely to be required. Hypofunction of the thyroid gland will help to cure an endocrinologist, the gynecologist will select replacement therapy for hormone deficiency during menopause.
It is possible to cure snoring in women with the medical method only for certain reasons for its occurrence. So, if the cause of the problem is rhinitis, then the drops in the nose offered by the pharmacy help to cope with it. Treatment of pharyngitis with rinses, candies, sprays will eliminate this cause of pathology.
A good drug to eliminate snoring is SnorStop. It is available in the form of tablets that must be absorbed in the mouth. This is one of the remedies of homeopathy, made on the basis of medicinal herbs. The medicine tones the muscle walls of the pharynx, soothes, relieves swelling and inflammation of the upper respiratory tract.
Special sprays for snoring have earned positive reviews, for example, Snoreks, Slipeks, Doctor Snoring, Silences. They reduce the vibration of muscle tissue, strengthen the immune system, restore damaged tissue.
The use of various drugs for weight loss helps to reduce excess weight, which caused problems in night breathing. For other reasons for the occurrence of snoring, the drugs are not effective; a magic pill has not been created for this pathology.
Organization of a berth and creation of conditions for sleep
An important role in the fight against snoring is played by the rational organization of a berth. Dry air in the room, low pillow, uncomfortable posture can cause respiratory failure in a dream. The correct creation of a resting place will help a woman get rid of snoring in a dream.
First of all, you need to choose a comfortable mattress, for this, when choosing it, it is advisable to lie on it for 10-15 minutes in your favorite position. This will help to understand how comfortable it is for a given person. The pillow should be medium hard and fairly high. Before bed, the room must be ventilated. If the bedroom has dry air, especially in winter, be sure to use special humidifiers.
The correct position in a dream
It is noticed that most often people snore during sleep on their backs, so you should try to lie on your side. If this situation is still your favorite, you can use the advice on how to retrain yourself.
There is an old proven way to do this. A pocket is sewn onto the back of a nightdress or pajamas and a ball or tennis ball is placed there. When standing on the side, it is not at all noticeable, but if you just roll over on your back and the discomfort will make you again move to the side.
Exercises aimed at training the muscles of the tongue, pharynx, lower jaw exercises help in the fight against snoring.
- To do this, you can push the tongue forward and down as much as possible and hold for about 2 seconds. Repeat 30 times in the morning and evening.
- Tighten the stick or pencil in the teeth as much as possible and hold for 3-4 minutes, do before bedtime.
- For the next exercise, press the chin with your hand and move it back and forth 30 times in the morning and evening.
- We open our mouth and make chin circular movements 15 times clockwise, then against it.
- We strain our neck muscles several times a day and pronounce the sounds “y”, “s”, “and” 25 times.
Surgery is an extreme treatment for snoring. Any operation has a number of contraindications. Only after weighing all the pros and cons, evaluating the patient’s body condition, the doctor can recommend an operational method to solve the problem and quickly relieve the person of snoring forever.
They resort to the removal of some areas of the soft tissues of the nasopharynx, which further prevents the possibility of airway blockage. Also use laser therapy or cryoplasty. The therapeutic effect is achieved by heat or cold tissue burn. After healing, they decrease in volume and become more dense, this prevents them from blocking the throat and reduces vibration.
If a person began to snore at a young age, due to polyps or adenoids, they are removed surgically. It is also possible to repair a damaged nasal septum.
Treatment of this pathology should be carried out only under the supervision of a doctor. He will conduct diagnostic examinations, help determine the causes of the problem and recommend therapy. In some cases, it is possible to use alternative methods of treatment:
- if snoring has appeared recently and seizures rarely occur,
- when a husband notes that his wife’s snoring is not complicated by respiratory arrest,
- there are no anomalies in the structure of the respiratory tract,
- vibrations of moderate intensity are observed.
Folk recipes are aimed at removing edema, inflammation and increasing tissue tone. Before going to bed, it is recommended to drink half a glass of freshly squeezed white cabbage juice with the addition of one teaspoon of honey. You can use sea buckthorn oil, it is buried in the nose before bedtime to relieve swelling and improve nasal breathing. If the cause of the problem is adenoids, home medicine uses thuja oil, which relieves inflammation, swelling of the nasopharyngeal tonsils.
The use of devices for snoring
To combat night snoring in women, special devices help. Their actions are aimed at eliminating the obstacles for the passage of air through the respiratory tract. They either expand the nasal passages, the lumen of the pharynx, or fix the palatine tissue, preventing them from blocking the passages. For those who cannot tolerate foreign objects in the nasopharynx, Dr. Malysheva recommends a special spray that helps to expand the airways.
Devices are nasal, intraoral, electron-pulse. The simplest is a special mouthpiece, it shifts the lower jaw slightly forward and increases the lumen of the pharynx. Another simple effective tool is a device for supporting the palatine tissues, made on the basis of a regular baby nipple.
Of the nasal devices, a good tip is the special stickers on the wings of the nose. They slightly expand the respiratory passages and help to improve the passage of air through the nose. The clip device operates on the basis of reflexology. Magnets built into it have an effect on special points. The device helps to defeat snoring in chronic nasal congestion due to respiratory diseases.
It does not solve the problem that led to snoring, but only helps a person wake up with a special electronic alarm clock. It is made in the form of a watch with a built-in microphone and sound analyzer. When snoring occurs, the device sends a small discharge of current, causing it to interrupt sleep. If snoring does not stop, the impact becomes strong. All these devices help make life easier for the patient and others until the cause of the problem is resolved.
Which doctor treats snoring in women?
Having discovered a pathological phenomenon during sleep, it is important to start fighting it as quickly as possible. Initially, female snoring, and male snoring too, was treated by otolaryngologists. In modern medicine, there are many ways to get rid of an unpleasant phenomenon.
In some cases, the intervention of a surgeon is required. Some pathologies can be eliminated only by surgery.
But in recent decades, a new industry has appeared in medicine to the joy of all those suffering from the disease in question. Somnology deals with the study, determination of the causes and treatment of respiratory disorders during sleep. Specialists can cure even severe snoring in women or men. Somnologists have knowledge in the field of pulmonology, neuralgia, otolaryngology, psychiatry. And you can get an appointment with such a specialist even in government clinics.