The most effective suppositories for hemorrhoids doctor reviews
Treatment of hemorrhoids with rectal suppositories allows you to quickly remove the main symptoms of the disease: pain, itching, inflammation and swelling.
Suppositories reduce the size of hemorrhoidal nodes, facilitate the general condition of the patient, contribute to normal bowel movements.
The choice of the right drug should be entrusted to the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, he will prescribe the necessary dosage and course of administration.
Review of the best of the best
On sale you can find options with mono-components, but candles with a complex effect are much more effective, which can solve several problems at once. Some drugs are indicated in the initial stages of hemorrhoids, others are effective for exacerbations, and others are best used to treat chronic forms of the disease during remission.
Let's look at the characteristics of the best suppositories for hemorrhoids separately.
What are suppositories from hemorrhoids - types and purpose
Rectal suppositories are a special dosage form that is commonly used to eliminate inflammation of the hemorrhoidal nodes. From other pharmacological forms they are distinguished:
- impact directly on the affected areas of the mucosa and blood vessels,
- quick elimination of symptoms
- lack of influence on other organs and systems,
- minimum number of contraindications and side effects.
There are several varieties of drugs of this type, and sometimes the most effective suppositories for hemorrhoids are not able to name reviews, if only because they have fundamentally different effects:
- Symptomatic - with analgesics and antispasmodics, decongestants.
- Therapeutic - containing anti-inflammatory, decongestant, hemostatic components, as well as anticoagulants, venoprotectors and venotonics.
Most topical hemorrhoid preparations contain a complex of compounds that can improve the condition of the changed nodes and reduce symptoms.
Designed for pain relief, relieving swelling, inflammation, burning and itching. Contraindicated in deep anal fissures, rectal bleeding, an allergic reaction to menthol.
The most popular drug in this category is Anestezol, which contains not only menthol but also a strong anesthetic, benzocaine.
Candles with menthol from hemorrhoids are suitable for short-term courses with exacerbations of hemorrhoids, no more than 3 suppositories can be administered per day, the course lasts 5-7 days.
When doctors recommend suppositories for hemorrhoids
In which situation which suppositories from hemorrhoids are better, the reviews of experts do not actually differ. Doctors say that this dosage form copes with the task assigned to them in the initial stages with internal hemorrhoids. However, you can not use oral dosage forms and injections.
As for the 2 and later stages of the disease, even good suppositories can be used only in combination with tablets, injections and other means and methods of eliminating internal hemorrhoids. Their use relieves the symptoms of hemorrhoids, exacerbation of the disease - acute thrombosis of hemorrhoids, bleeding, inflammation of the nodes.
At the 4th stage of internal hemorrhoids, when the nodes are constantly in a fallen state, the candles are useless. But they can be used to stop the symptoms of hemorrhoids and exacerbation.
Candles are used in preparation for the surgical treatment of internal hemorrhoids, as well as during recovery from it.The choice of medicines is the prerogative of the doctor, since only he knows the features of the course of the disease, and can observe the associated problems in the patient.
You must understand that to completely solve the problem of hemorrhoids, i.e. it is impossible to radically eliminate the disease with the help of suppositories. This remark is relevant in the connection that often advertised means guarantee complete elimination of the problem, miraculous means are often quite expensive. Therefore, when choosing them, first of all, it is necessary to consult a specialist.
What are the most effective suppositories for hemorrhoids?
There are many drugs in the form of suppositories designed to treat hemorrhoids. Unambiguously name the best suppositories for hemorrhoids reviews of doctors can not, since there are many indicators of their effectiveness. For some, rapid analgesia is important, and for someone, a long-lasting therapeutic effect.
Candles, which are most often recommended by doctors:
The opinion of doctors about the effectiveness
Anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating, regenerating, antimicrobial and analgesic.
High efficiency, especially when used in the early stages of internal hemorrhoids.
Decongestant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anticoagulant.
A very good remedy, especially if there is a risk of thrombosis in hemorrhoids. It is indicated for use before surgery at any stage of the disease.
Anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, healing and decongestant.
Very good suppositories for the treatment of 2 and 3 degrees of internal hemorrhoids.
Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, astringent.
These suppositories are good for exacerbating chronic internal hemorrhoids, especially if there is an inflammatory process.
Antiallergic, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, antiseptic.
The drug copes with the manifestations of internal hemorrhoids, but has many side effects. It can be used only under the supervision of a specialist.
Regenerating, hemostatic, anti-inflammatory.
Effective, almost harmless candles. Can be used to eliminate hemorrhoids in pregnant women.
Anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, venotonic.
Efficiency is high, tolerance in most patients is good. Especially useful in chronic hemorrhoids, as well as during exacerbations.
Anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, anesthetic.
The drug is highly effective, but has a number of side effects and contraindications. It can be used only by prescription.
The drug is effective only with exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
Anti-inflammatory, decongestant, antipruritic, analgesic.
Good suppositories to eliminate the main symptoms of hemorrhoids.
Venotonic, anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, analgesic.
A classic drug that is effective only in the initial stages of the disease.
Venotonic, venoprotective, anti-inflammatory.
A very effective remedy that helps eliminate the cause of hemorrhoids, but copes with the symptoms not fast enough.
An effective tool that is used mainly after surgery for internal hemorrhoids.
In addition to these drugs, doctors' reviews are not bad for candles with propolis, sea buckthorn oil and heparin.
Homeopathic remedy based on belladonna extract - a natural pain reliever. The composition includes lumbago meadow, pharmacy chamomile, nightshade and plantain.
Viburkol suppositories with hemorrhoids act very gently and recommended for the treatment of a chronic disease. The drug will not be able to stop severe pain attacks, the disinfecting and decongestant effect is average.
The tool is suitable as an auxiliary, it is indicated for people who do not tolerate potent drugs, elderly and debilitated patients. Suppositories can be administered up to 4 times a day, treatment lasts 2-4 weeks. Contraindications include intolerance to individual components of the drug.
Hemorrhoids suppositories - expensive and cheap drugs
Among consumers, there is a special system for evaluating drugs, in which the main role in the choice is played by their cost. Often, the best candles for hemorrhoids are called reviews that combine high efficiency and relatively low cost.
Experts note that inexpensive drugs may be more effective than expensive due to the effect on the cause of the pathology - deterioration of the tone and blood circulation in the rectum.
Price category / degree of effectiveness
Hepatrombin G (100-110 rubles)
Proctosan (200-215 rubles)
Aurobin (220-260 rubles)
Proctosedylum (320-360 rub)
Ginkor Procto (340-360 rubles)
Anuzol (up to 60 rubles)
Methyluracil (49-55 rub)
Anestezol (70-80 rubles)
Betiol (60-67 rubles)
Ichthyolum (30-50 rub)
Natalside (190-220 rubles)
Nigepan (140-160 rubles)
Proctoglivenol (400-420 rubles)
Ultraproct (410-470 rub)
Efficiency below average
Sea-buckthorn candles (up to 50 rubles)
The most effective drugs are those that can not only eliminate symptoms, but also restore normal blood circulation in the rectum.
Lightweight preparation based on belladonna extract. Relieves spasms, strengthens blood vessels, thanks to the ichthammol included in the composition it has an anti-inflammatory and decongestant effect.
Betiol hemorrhoid suppositories have a mild analgesic effect. Low efficiency, the drug is suitable for the initial stages of hemorrhoids and chronic forms in the remission phase.
Contraindications include adolescence, cornerstone glaucoma, prostate adenoma. From 1 to 3 suppositories can be administered per day, the course lasts from 10 to 30 days.
What to do if candles do not help
In case the disease progresses rapidly, it is impractical to use candles. They can eliminate the symptoms, but pathological processes persist. The result of candle treatment can only bring temporary relief.
To prevent complications such as bleeding, the formation of a fistula or inflammation, it is important to consult a doctor in time. The specialist who treats hemorrhoids is a coloproctologist (proctologist). You can also consult a therapist, and if unpleasant symptoms bother a pregnant woman, consult a gynecologist. If necessary, these specialists can refer the patient for an additional examination and appointment with a proctologist.
An anti-inflammatory drug based on interferon (a strengthening, antiviral and antimicrobial component) and taurine (antioxidant). Benzocaine is included for pain relief.
The use of Genferon suppositories for hemorrhoids helps to suppress the activity of pathogenic bacteria, prevent inflammation, accelerate wound healing, relieve pain, itching and burning. Used during exacerbations of hemorrhoids as directed by a doctor.
For greater effectiveness, you can combine suppositories with the spray of the same name. 1-3 candles are used per day, treatment should not exceed 14 days. Contraindications include diabetes, autoimmune diseases, renal failure.
Ask a specialist on the site
You can get an online consultation on the choice of suppositories for hemorrhoids and their use on our website. The questions are answered by surgeon-coloproctologist G. Avanesyan. To ask a question, you need to fill out a simple form (there is an option with preservation of anonymity) or call the phone number below and make an appointment with a specialist.
A complex remedy with a bactericidal, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, astringent and antispasmodic effect.
Suppositories for hemorrhoids Hemorrhoids consist of plant components: horse chestnut extracts (venotonic), pharmacy chamomile (antiseptic), yarrow and belladonna (antispasmodics), gorse (hemostatic agent).
Benzocaine was added as an anesthetic. Candles act gently, have a minimum of contraindications. Suitable for the treatment of stage 1 and 2 hemorrhoidsaccompanied by vascular injuries and bleeding.
With a mild form of the disease, it is sufficient to administer a suppository once a day, preferably at night. During exacerbations, the number of procedures can be increased to 2-3 per day. The standard course is 10-14 days.
Voltaren - anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic. The main component is diclofenac sodium, which acts quickly and has a minimum of side effects.
The use of Voltaren suppositories for hemorrhoids is necessary for the treatment of acute forms of the disease at any stage, they bring relief after a single injection. 2-3 suppositories are used per day, the course cannot exceed 14 days.
Before use, consult a doctor. The drug is not combined with many medicines and requires a professional approach for complex treatment. Candles contraindicated in renal failure, extensive skin lesions, rectal bleeding.
it Nystatin Antibiotic Antifungal. Actively inhibits the activity of Candida fungus, can serve as an auxiliary or prophylactic.
Affects all fungi, has no antiviral properties. Nystatin suppositories for hemorrhoids are prescribed in the postoperative period, as well as in the detection of severe fungal infections.
It is used strictly as prescribed by the doctor, does not possess analgesic properties. Suppositories are administered in the morning and evening for 14 days. The drug is not combined with all medicines, dietary changes required for greater effectiveness.
What are the indications for taking this drug?
Extraarticular tissue pain
Post-traumatic and postoperative pain
- Renal colic
- Hepatic colic
- Various sprains and injuries of tendons, ligaments and joints
- Soft tissue rheumatism
- Non-infectious conjunctivitis
- Eyeball inflammation
- Excimer laser pain
- Lens implantation operations
Rectal suppositories with local anesthetic
An extensive group of drugs used as an anesthetic for hemorrhoids are suppositories with a local anesthetic.
As a rule, the formulation of suppositories for hemorrhoids with an analgesic effect is enhanced by other components. Use suppositories after defecation and perineal hygiene. Candle shallow push into the anal opening. After you need to lie down for half an hour. The names of painkillers for hemorrhoids, combined in the line Relief - Advance, Pro. Suppositories of this brand, according to patients of proctologists, are leading in their segment, despite the high cost. Relief Advance has the main active ingredient benzocaine in the composition. The formative element of suppositories cocoa butter will soften the mucous membrane, provide a uniform flow of anesthetic to the nerve endings. Anesthesia occurs 5 minutes after application. Relief Advance pain relievers for hemorrhoids are used up to 4 times a day. Relief Pro, in addition to the anesthetic lidocaine, contains the corticosteroid hormone fluocortolone. Belongs to the class of painkillers for hemorrhoids and anal fissures. It suppresses itching, inflammation of hemorrhoids, cracks. Suppositories are administered in the morning and evening; treatment for longer than 2 weeks is not advisable. Anestezol candles with benzocaine, menthol, bismuth and zinc salts will help relieve pain with hemorrhoids. Anestezol is indispensable when you need to quickly anesthetize, dry, and disinfect the mucous membranes of the rectum, using 1-2 pieces per day. Anestezol is an inexpensive and effective remedy for hemorrhoids of domestic production. A package of 10 suppositories can be purchased for 70-100 rubles. Procto-Glivenol suppositories will be an effective assistant for hemorrhoids at home. The combination of lidocaine with tribenoside has an analgesic effect. Lidocaine will eliminate the pain. Tribenoside strengthens blood vessels, reduces the swelling of the tissues of the rectum. The duration of treatment for hemorrhoids with Procto-Glivenol suppositories is 7-10 days, 1-2 suppositories per day. Anesthetic for hemorrhoids suppositories Proctosedil have a multi-component formulation:
Candle shallow push into the anal opening. After you need to lie down for half an hour.
The names of painkillers for hemorrhoids, combined in the line Relief - Advance, Pro. Suppositories of this brand, according to patients of proctologists, are leading in their segment, despite the high cost.
Relief Advance has the main active ingredient benzocaine in the composition. The formative element of suppositories cocoa butter will soften the mucous membrane, provide a uniform flow of anesthetic to the nerve endings. Anesthesia occurs 5 minutes after application. Relief Advance pain relievers for hemorrhoids are used up to 4 times a day.
Relief Pro, in addition to the anesthetic lidocaine, contains the corticosteroid hormone fluocortolone. Belongs to the class of painkillers for hemorrhoids and anal fissures. It suppresses itching, inflammation of hemorrhoids, cracks. Suppositories are administered in the morning and evening; treatment for longer than 2 weeks is not advisable.
Anestezol candles with benzocaine, menthol, bismuth and zinc salts will help relieve pain with hemorrhoids.
Anestezol is indispensable when you need to quickly anesthetize, dry, and disinfect the mucous membranes of the rectum, using 1-2 pieces per day.
Anestezol is an inexpensive and effective remedy for hemorrhoids of domestic production. A package of 10 suppositories can be purchased for 70-100 rubles.
Procto-Glivenol suppositories will be an effective assistant for hemorrhoids at home. The combination of lidocaine with tribenoside has an analgesic effect. Lidocaine will eliminate the pain. Tribenoside strengthens blood vessels, reduces the swelling of the tissues of the rectum. The duration of treatment for hemorrhoids with Procto-Glivenol suppositories is 7-10 days, 1-2 suppositories per day.
Anesthetic for hemorrhoids suppositories Proctosedil have a multi-component formulation:
Relieves the symptoms of hemorrhoids - pain, itching in the anal area, perineal edema. Esculoside or, as it is also called, escusan is used to improve vascular tone, relieve hyperemia. Aescusan will soothe skin irritation in a few minutes. Use proctosedil for a week in the morning and evening.
Doloproct suppositories repeat the composition of Relif Pro suppositories - lidocaine plus fluocortolone. The drug relieves pain, fights inflammation of tissues in the anus. Apply 2 suppositories per day for acute hemorrhoids and one for chronic. Long-term treatment is not recommended due to the hormonal drug component.
One of the best painkillers for hemorrhoids is Nigepan suppository. Benzocaine and heparin sodium in the Nigepan formulation can relieve pain, eliminate existing thrombosis in the initial stage of development. Nigepan is inserted morning and evening, continuing treatment for up to 2 weeks.
Fissario suppositories are composed of lidocaine and nifedipine. Lidocaine anesthetizes, nifedipine relieves vasospasm, eliminating congestion in the anal area. For the treatment of hemorrhoids, anal fissures, Fissario is used morning and evening as prescribed by the doctor.
Suppositories with lidocaine, benzocaine, hormonal components can not be used for a long time due to side effects in the form of thinning of the mucosa, the effect of addiction and withdrawal. Anesthetics, hormones are contraindicated for pregnant women, especially in the first trimester, nursing and children under 12 years of age.
Anesthetics and anti-inflammatory suppositories for hemorrhoids based on NSAIDs are represented by Ketonal, Indomethacin Sofarma.
Suppositories Ketonal and Indomethacin with rectal administration show good analgesic properties. However, they should be used with hemorrhoids very carefully, especially in the acute phase of the bleeding process. Suppositories of this type are intended for general analgesia. With hemorrhoids, they are not used, they are used only as directed by a doctor.
Relief Ultra Suppositories contain hydrocortisone and zinc sulfate. Hydrocortisone relieves itching, burning with inflamed hemorrhoids. Zinc sulfate dries anal secretions that irritate the skin of the perineum. Dosage of anti-inflammatory suppositories Relief Ultra - one to 4 times a day.
Ultraproct acts as an analgesic due to chinchocaine. Two types of hormones provide a quick onset of action and prolongation of the anti-inflammatory effect. In case of severe pain reaction, 3 candles are inserted per day. After three days, the dose is reduced to 1 candle per day, maintaining it for a week. Then apply the candle every other day, continuing the treatment for another week.
Suppositories with glucocorticoids are contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women. You can not use them in case of infectious, fungal skin lesions.
Anesthetics for hemorrhoids contain not only anesthetics, but also drying, disinfecting substances in the composition. Anuzole has an astringent effect due to zinc sulfate. Xeroform fights against germs. Belladonna extract relieves painful cramps, relaxes the muscles of the rectum.
Neo-Anuzole has drying components, antiseptic, painkillers. A good inexpensive medicine for inflamed hemorrhoids, accompanied by itching, burning, sore nodes. Anuzole and Neo-Anuzole are inserted 1 suppository three times a day, continuing treatment for up to 10-12 days.
Rectal suppositories against thrombosis
Hemorrhoids are complicated by venous node thrombosis when they become clogged with a blood clot. Ointments and suppositories called hepatrombin, among other components, have the heparin sodium anticoagulant in the formulation. Heparin resolves blood clots, diluting blood.
Apply candles with an anticoagulant 1-2 times a day for a week. With external thrombosed nodes, it is better to use heparin ointment, lubricating it with inflamed hemorrhoids.
Using candles with sodium heparin, take into account that local allergic reactions in sensitive people are possible.
Rectal healing candles
After proctological operations, the patient is tormented by pain due to the healing process of the rectum. Olestesin and Methyluracil suppositories can accelerate healing.
Olestesin - suppositories based on sea buckthorn oil, anti-inflammatory complex and local anesthetic. A wonderful cure for hemorrhoids at an affordable price.
Anesthetizes, heals, activates the regenerative activity of cells.
Methyluracil suppositories stimulate the regeneration of mucous membranes and skin, relieve soreness by reducing inflammation and accelerate healing. Methyluracil is used for hemorrhoids and cracks twice a day until the mucosal integrity is restored.
Natalside is an enveloping agent for hemorrhoids with sodium alginate. Alginate is a gel-like substance of natural origin, extracted from kelp. Suppositories Natalside soothe the irritated mucosa of the anal canal, eliminate the negative effects of feces in case of constipation. You can use candles with sodium alginate from hemorrhoids to pregnant and lactating women.
Relief with vasoconstrictor phenylephrine is able to stop capillary bleeding. Indications Relief for hemorrhoids - traces of blood on toilet paper or on linen. Use vasoconstrictive suppositories up to 3 times a day.
If bleeding intensifies, blood flows in a steady stream, you should immediately call a doctor.
Painkillers for painful manifestations of hemorrhoids pathology:
- Analgin is a proven tool with proven effectiveness in different types of pain. You need to drink them with severe attacks of 1-2 pieces, not exceeding the daily dose of 6 tablets,
- Pentalgin - powerful painkillers. They will relieve pain with hemorrhoids and cracks in half an hour. Take symptomatically, but not more than 4 tablets per day.
- Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pill. Ibuprofen is used in tablets for hemorrhoids and cracks for 1-2 per day. The medicine relieves pain, temperature, and fights inflammation.
The advantage of tablets is ease of use at any time and in any setting. The disadvantage is a delayed onset of action compared with injections and rectal suppositories, a negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
Sometimes the pain syndrome with hemorrhoids and cracks is so strong that neither ointments, nor candles, nor tablets can relieve it. Then injectable drugs come to the rescue:
- Diclofenac Akos - painkillers for hemorrhoids give one ampoule twice a day after 12 hours,
- Rofecoxib - relieves pain, blocking the synthesis of inflammatory mediators. The pharmacy is sold under the name Denebol. Use with severe pain no more than 1 time per day,
- Promedol - an opioid analgesic, antispasmodic, is indicated as a short-term remedy for excruciating pain,
- Tramadol - a morphine derivative, is used intramuscularly in a pinch because of the negative effect on the central nervous system,
- Omnopon - a combined opioid analgesic for unbearable pain,
- Ketorol - used for pain relief, relieving inflammation and temperature with hemorrhoids,
- Ketonal - painkillers, anesthetic injections are used for painful hemorrhoids, 1 ampoule per day,
- Flamax is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug with the active substance ketoprofen. It will relieve pain, eliminate the inflammatory reaction, and reduce the separation of exudate.
All injectable painkillers contain potent substances. Apply them only by prescription. They do not affect the cause of hemorrhoids, only temporarily block the transmission of pain impulses from the lesion.
Analgesic suppositories for hemorrhoids include local anesthetics, hormones, bismuth and zinc salts, plant extracts. Apply them in the morning and at night after emptying the bowel and washing the anal area. For pregnant, lactating women, as well as people prone to allergies, there are a number of contraindications and limitations in the treatment of hemorrhoids with medicines.
Anesthetic suppositories for hemorrhoids: 8 drugs and 3 prescriptions
For the treatment of relief of pain in the anus, a proctologist can prescribe various dosage forms, namely: tablets, suppositories, gel, cream or ointment for hemorrhoids.
Painkillers for hemorrhoids are mainly prescribed for external localization of hemorrhoids, although some drugs are successfully used rectally with internal localization of the pathological process.
As for rectal suppositories, it is more convenient for them to anesthetize internal hemorrhoids.
Take a closer look at the benefits of painkillers for rectal suppositories.
- Locality of action. Suppositories, unlike tablets and injectable drugs, act directly on the affected tissue, so the effect comes faster.
- Simplicity and usability even at home.
- Availability. Almost all candles can be bought at a pharmacy without a prescription from your doctor. In addition, a wide range of prices pleases.
- The complexity of the action. Most analgesic suppositories are multicomponent drugs, which significantly expands the spectrum of their antihemorrhoidal action.
- Security. Given that the active substances of suppositories practically do not penetrate into the systemic circulation, adverse reactions in patients rarely occur during treatment. Moreover, there are a number of drugs that can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Cost in pharmacies
The price depends on the form of release of the drug, as well as on the manufacturer and the volume of packaging.
|Gel||From 115 rubles|
|Ointment||From 114 rubles|
On average, the course requires no more than 20 candles. If necessary, treatment can be continued, but only after consultation with a specialist.
Composition and compatibility of the drug
Viferon is a drug that belongs to the group of immunomodulators with antiviral and antibacterial effects. It can be prescribed by almost everyone, moreover, it can be taken even by a child from 3 years old and women during pregnancy for the treatment of influenza, acute respiratory viral infections, colds, immunodeficiency and diseases of the urogenital type.
Viferon is an easily compatible drug with other varieties of medicines, but its significant contraindication is the use of alcohol, which can cause negative consequences.
It is important to know that Viferon is not an antibiotic. Antibiotics and interferons differ from each other in different chemical composition, as well as different mechanisms of action.
In order to understand what can happen during the combination of the drug Viferon and alcohol, you should consider the composition of the drug in more detail. Recombinant human interferon alpha 2B is the main active component of Viferon.
Interferons are a special type of protein compounds that are produced by the human body as a protective reaction to the penetration of viral microorganisms. But in order to provide intensive protection and completely eliminate viruses, the amount of interferons that is produced in humans is not enough, since their synthesis is regularly destroyed by adverse ecology, bad habits, stressful situations and many other factors.
Therefore, to provide the most effective protection of the human body against viruses, drugs are often prescribed, which are developed on the basis of interferons. In most cases, Viferon or Genferon candles are prescribed.
The composition of Viferon includes interferons synthesized not by the human body, but by strains of Escherichiacoli bacteria under conditions of genetic engineering technologies.
They contribute to:
- activating a protective reaction and stimulating the synthesis of antibodies in the body,
- creating detrimental conditions for existing viral microorganisms in human blood,
- stopping the growth and development of atypical cell structures.
Adverse reactions of the body to Viferon are unlikely, since the interferons that make up its composition are a protein compound related to the human body.
As additional components of Viferon in its composition are:
- antifungal benzoic acid,
- tocopherol acetate, which has almost the same effect as vitamin E,
- amino acid methionine, which is one of the essential amino acids for the human body,
- borax, or sodium tetraburate decahydrate, which is popularly called a salt of boric acid.
All of these components do not have a negative effect on the human body in optimal concentrations, which is due to such a high level of compatibility of the drug with other drugs. But Viferon and alcohol compatibility not acceptable, since an alcoholic beverage contributes to a significant weakening of the effectiveness of the active components of the drug. This means that if you drink alcohol while taking Viferon, then the entire course of therapy will be in vain.
Moreover, irresponsible attitude of patients to their health can cause complications of pathology, as a result of which they will have to replace the drug or double the dosage.
It is important to remember that all medicines developed on the basis of exogenous interferons cause addiction in the body, during which it ceases to respond to the drug.
Indications for use
The range of therapeutic properties of Genferon is quite large. It is widely used in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system in women, children and men.
Indications for use of the drug are:
- Diseases of the female genital organs (adnexitis, vulvovaginitis, cervical erosion, bartholinitis, cervicitis and others).
- diseases of the male genital organs (balanitis, prostatitis, urethritis).
- Urogenital chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, genital herpes, a chronic form of vaginal candidiasis, gardnerellosis, papillomatosis virus, trichomoniasis, ureaplasmosis.
Genferon light is prescribed as an additional drug in the complex treatment of viral diseases.
Alcohol and Viferon
With respect to immunity, the effect of alcohol is directly opposite to interferon. Ethanol weakens immune responses, has virtually no effect on viruses. When intoxicated, the protective reactions of the body are reduced so much that the slightest contact with the pathogen can lead to disease.
The statement that it is impossible to get infected when drunk is incorrect from beginning to end. Alcohol intoxication eliminates the symptoms of a viral infection, which appear several times stronger in the state of withdrawal.
Viferon candles and alcohol
Viferon should not be taken with alcohol in any form, especially when it comes to rectal suppositories. Due to the peculiarity of the blood supply to the rectum, the medicine enters the general bloodstream, bypassing the liver. This enhances the effect of interferon several times, because the drug is not neutralized by liver enzymes.
Some patients believe that the compatibility of Viferon suppositories and alcohol will not have a negative effect, because judging by the route of administration, there are no points of contact between the medicine and ethanol. However, from the point of view of pharmacology, a completely different picture emerges. With rectal administration, interferon enters the venous plexus of the rectum, and then circulates in the blood, where it is in contact with ethanol.
Alcohol affects the effect of the drug
Alcohol can affect the effect of the drug in different ways. It is possible that alcohol will increase its effectiveness or, conversely, neutralize it. May cause unusual symptoms. Sometimes it is impossible to predict what might happen and how to deal with it later.
Phenibut and its compatibility with alcohol
Contains troxerutin. With the help of this drug, the tone of the venous walls and capillaries is maintained. Troxevasin reduces the intensity of edema, stops the inflammatory process.
Other properties: antiexudative, hemostatic. The medicine is prescribed for pathologies of the veins - varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, venous insufficiency, which is often the cause of hemorrhoids.
This tool is not used to treat children, as well as with intolerance to the main components.
This is a herbal preparation that contains plant extracts. It is prescribed for hemorrhoids and fissures, because
it is characterized by a painkiller, anti-inflammatory, antipruritic property, helps to stop bleeding, eliminates burning sensation in the perianal region.
There are no contraindications, only intolerance to the components is noted. The medicine should be taken for 3-6 months intermittently.
The active ingredient is nimesulide. The drug is part of the NSAID group, it is highly effective, because it acts on the principle of selective inhibition of COX-2 cyclooxygenase enzymes. After taking the drug, anesthesia occurs, the development of inflammation is stopped, the body temperature decreases with fever.
Nise recommended for pain processes of different genesis. Contraindications: diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys.
The main components of the drug: diosmin, hesperidin. These substances provide a venotonic effect, are characterized by an angioprotective property.
The drug quickly normalizes the processes with expansion of the veins, which leads to a weakening of the manifestation of symptoms (pain, itching, etc.). It is prescribed for venous insufficiency, trophic disorders.
Detralex is contraindicated in case of intolerance to the components.
Preparations of this form are developed for local exposure. They provide a quick effect: eliminate pain, swelling, are additionally characterized by a wound healing property, stop the inflammatory process. Ointments act on a limited area, so coloproctologists recommend them to women during the period of bearing a child and breastfeeding.
It is an affordable and effective remedy. The composition includes heparin, anestezin, benzyl nicotinate. The ointment represents a group of anesthetics, relieves pain with hemorrhoids locally, stops the inflammatory process, and prevents the formation of blood clots. The drug is prescribed for thrombosis, thrombophlebitis. It is forbidden to use for skin deformation, deep thrombosis, ulcerative formations.
This multicomponent product contains bufexamak, titanium dioxide, lidocaine hydrochloride, bismuth subgallate. It helps eliminate discomfort, stops the development of inflammation, dries, heals. Proctosan is recommended for use with external hemorrhoids. Contraindications: pregnancy, lactation, tuberculosis, syphilis.
Hepatitis C treatment with alcohol
Clinical studies indicate a strong epidemiological relationship between alcohol consumption and accelerated development of cirrhosis in patients with viral hepatitis C. Alcohol is metabolized in hepatocytes, where a viral infection also develops, because the relationship is obvious at the molecular level. Alcohol metabolism and hepatitis C virus act synergistically, which is the result of changes in hepatocyte homeostasis, the production of cytokines and the modification of the immune system.
Approximately 60% of patients with hepatitis C die from end-stage liver disease with chronic alcohol use. The consumption of 50 g of alcohol per day accelerates the development of fibrosis.
Three risk factors for liver destruction have been identified:
- infection age over 40 years old,
- male gender,
- chronic alcohol consumption.
Scientists believe that alcohol directly affects the replication of the infection and reduces the clearance of the virus by the immune system.
One of the most significant mediators of oxidative stress in the liver is the enzyme CYP2E1, which is involved in the metabolism of alcohol. Exchange can occur with the help of another substance - alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH). Both enzymes affect the growth of reactive forms of alcohol in the liver, which creates a favorable environment for oxidative stress. Therefore, the use of alcohol along with a viral infection leads to a synergistic exacerbation of liver disease.
Clinical data show that alcohol metabolism increases hepatitis C virus replication and changes the immune system responses. With the breakdown of alcohol, the effectiveness of interferon therapy decreases, therefore the interaction of immunomodulators and alcohol is undesirable.
Alcoholics do not respond well to interferon therapy. In one study, less than 10% of patients responded positively to therapy. With increasing doses of alcohol, the likelihood of a sustained virologic response decreases.
In the context of Viferon and alcohol, one cannot talk about compatibility, since the metabolism of ethanol directly affects the signaling of interferon, suppressing its activity. Alcohol is reflected in the activity of endogenously produced interferons alpha, beta and gamma, which suppresses the immune response to viruses, therefore combining it with immunomodulators is ineffective.
Viferon-Feron suppositories belong to drugs that modulate the immune system.
The active ingredient of the drug - recombinant human interferon alfa-2b with hemorrhoids activates local immunity in the anorectal region.
Auxiliary ingredients of suppositories have a beneficial effect on the state of blood vessels and the mucosa of the rectal canal.
Vitamins C and E are powerful antioxidants that, in addition, effectively stop inflammation. Vitamin C also has an angioprotective effect.
In addition, cocoa butter softens the stool, which prevents the formation of anal tears. Also, this ingredient of the drug increases the regenerative ability of the affected tissues, which accelerates the healing of cracks, erosions and ulcers of the anus.
As a result, we can say that Viferon suppositories with hemorrhoids increase resistance to pathogenic microorganisms, reduce inflammation in the hemorrhoid cones, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, loosen stools and accelerate the healing of anal tears.
Use in childhood
In children, hemorrhoids occur infrequently, so when the first signs of the disease appear, it is necessary to show the baby to the doctor.
Viferon can be used to treat children and newborns. It is administered rectally or creams and ointments are used. The product does not contain toxic substances, is well tolerated and is not able to harm the body of the child, affect its growth and development. But you should not independently treat a child with this drug, therapy should be under the supervision of a specialist.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The combined effect of Genferon is due to components in its composition that have local and systemic effects.
As part of Genferon is human recombinant interferon alfa-2b. It is synthesized by a genetically engineered strain of the Escherichia coli microorganism.
Interferon alfa-2b is an immunomodulatorand also provides antiproliferative, antivirusand antibacterialact. These effects are caused by the stimulating effect of the drug on intracellular enzymes that inhibit the reproduction of the virus. Interferon enhances cellular immunity by activating a series of killer cell markers, accelerating division B lymphocytes and their synthesis of antibodies, increasing the activity of the monocyte-macrophage system and increasing the recognition of infected and tumor cells. As a result, the effectiveness of the body's fight against viruses, bacteria, parasites and cancer cells is increased. Also, under the influence of interferon, activation occurs. white blood cells mucous membrane, which are involved in the suppression of pathological foci.
Taurine normalizes metabolic processes in tissues, promotes their regeneration, interacts with oxygen free radicals, neutralizing them and protecting tissues from damage. Interferon is less prone to decay and lasts longer due to the presence of taurine.
Benzocaine (anestezin) - local anesthetic. It changes the permeability of the cytoplasm of neurons for sodium and calcium ions, as a result of which not only the conduction of nerve impulses along the axons is blocked, but also the process of the occurrence of nerve impulses is inhibited. Benzocaine has only a local effect and is not absorbed into the systemic circulation.
With rectal administration of Genferon bioavailability reaches over 80%. This allows you to achieve both local and pronounced immunomodulatory effects throughout the body. With vaginal administration, due to the high concentration of the drug in the focus of infection and its attachment to the mucous cells, a noticeable local antiviral, antibacterial and antiproliferative effect is achieved, however, in this case, the systemic effect (due to the low adsorbing capacity of the mucous internal genital organs) is negligible. The maximum concentration of interferon in the blood is detected 4-6 hours after the use of the drug. It is excreted mainly by the kidneys. Half-life equal to 12 hours, which makes it necessary to use the drug 2 times a day.
We have selected some reviews of people about the drug Genferon:
- Milan. I give the child candles genferon light at the first manifestations of ARVI or the virus. It helps a lot, in general the doctor advised me to do so and I confided. For us, these candles in general, like a lifesaver, never fail! Safe and working as it should.
- Lyuba. My youngest child was often sick, I tried to put Genferon for prevention, but nothing has changed.Because of this, I began to doubt the effectiveness of the drug. Then they tried Kipferon, my friend advised her, she works as a pharmacist. She explained that there is a double composition, the drug not only works against viruses, but also against bacteria. It is possible to use for prevention even when the child is already sick. I am much more satisfied with this drug, put colds and flu in the season, my child did not get sick.
- Tatyana. The child took about SARS. Recovery on the background of complex therapy, including the use of Genferon Light, occurred on the 4th day of illness, which is quite fast for ARVI.
- Manya. We always have Genferon at home when it is autumn or winter. And for children we take Genferon light in candles, for adults Genferon light spray. At the moment, for me now it is the most effective tool for the treatment of ARVI and all sorts of different viruses. Never failed, the disease quickly recedes.
How much do Genferon candles cost? The average cost of Genferon suppositories in Moscow pharmacies depends on the dosage:
- 250,000 IU - 260-287 rubles.
- 500,000 IU - 384-414 rubles.
- 1,000,000 IU - 526-566 rubles.
Features of use for hemorrhoids
Adult patients with hemorrhoids Viferon-Feron is prescribed 1 suppository (500,000 IU) 2 times a day.
Between injections of the drug should pass 12 hours. Before the introduction of the suppository, it is necessary to empty the intestines, conduct a hygienic toilet of the anus with warm water without soap and wash your hands thoroughly.
Before the introduction of the suppository, it is necessary to empty the intestines.
A candle is inserted into the rectal canal in the supine position, after which it is recommended to lie down on your back for 30-40 minutes so that the drug does not leak. On average, the course of treatment lasts from 5 to 10 days, but can be adjusted by the attending proctologist.
Before using Viferon-Feron suppositories, you should definitely consult your doctor who will reliably determine the feasibility of treating hemorrhoids with this drug.
Instructions for use
It says that the drug can be used in the presence of the following diseases:
- Viral and bacterial infections.
- Pneumonia of various types (including bacterial).
- Hepatitis and other infections of the liver or biliary tract.
- Meningitis and mononucleosis.
Hemorrhoids are not considered a direct indication for the use of suppositories or ointments, but as part of combination therapy, this drug is highly effective.
The drug is not used as monotherapy, due to its low effectiveness, despite its good tolerance by patients
Before starting treatment, it is worthwhile to conduct a series of hygienic procedures, make an enema, and empty the intestines in a natural way.
When the administration of a candle is difficult, it is recommended to use an ointment. If only suppositories are available, then it is worth melting them or crushing them, then attach the resulting mass to the area of inflammation. The duration of the procedure takes up to 20 minutes, after which it is necessary to rinse the rectal area with warm water.
As a rule, the drug is used twice a day, afternoon and evening. If you need to increase the dosage, then you need to consult a doctor. The treatment regimen is being worked out individually, it depends on the severity of symptoms and the stage of the disease.
Store the medicine in a dark, cool place at a temperature of 2 to 8 degrees. Keep candles in the freezer is prohibited. And also it is worth protecting Viferon from exposure to direct sunlight, they can reduce the effectiveness of the drug, affect its components.
The shelf life of suppositories is 2 years, the drug can be purchased in the pharmacy network without presenting a prescription.
The medicine is well tolerated, and also interacts with other medicines, it can be combined with both topical drugs and antibiotics.With such therapy, the risk of side effects remains the same.
How and when should you use Voltaren patch?
Voltaren patch can be used to eliminate pain in the joints and muscles, as well as for various pathologies of the musculoskeletal system of a degenerative or destructive nature.
Voltaren patch is used in the following cases:
- pain in small joints (joints of the hands, fingers and toes),
- pain in large joints (ulnar, knee, shoulder),
- sciatica (pain along the affected nerve roots of the spinal cord),
- lumbago (acute pain in the lower back),
- sciatica (inflammation of the sciatic nerve),
- osteoarthritis (joint disease with a primary lesion of the cartilage tissue),
- rheumatoid arthritis (a disease with damage to the connective tissue of the joints),
- tenosynovitis (inflammation of the inner lining of the tendon of the muscle),
- bursitis (inflammation of the joint bag),
- muscle soreness (myalgia) against the background of their overextension, trauma or bruise.
The transdermal patch Voltaren, which dosed delivers the active substance (diclofenac sodium) to the circulatory system through the skin, must be glued to the painful area for a period of 24 hours. It is strongly recommended not to use more than 1 patch per day.
It is worth noting that the voltaren patch can have different sizes and amounts of active substance.
Types of Voltaren patch
|Dimensions||The amount of active substance|
|70 cm²||15 milligrams|
|140 cm²||30 milligrams|
A larger patch should be used only when it is necessary to cover extensive painful segments. Treatment of various diseases of the joints and muscles, as a rule, should be carried out for no more than 3 weeks, and treatment of muscle diseases - no more than 2 weeks. If within one week there is no improvement, you should consult your doctor.
Children under 15 years of age do not use Voltaren in the form of a patch.
How to apply voltaren in injections?
Voltaren injection should be taken no more than two consecutive days in a daily dosage not exceeding 150 milligrams. This drug from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) should be injected deep into the soft tissues of the buttock. The injection must be performed in the upper outer gluteal square, otherwise you can accidentally get into the sciatic nerve, which can cause partial or complete paralysis of the lower limb.
In most cases, the attending physician prescribes a daily dosage of 75 milligrams of voltaren, which corresponds to one ampoule. Only in the case of severe or prolonged pain should the daily dosage be doubled to 150 milligrams (2 injections). It should be noted that in this case the interval between injections should be at least 3-4 hours (the second injection should be done in the opposite buttock).
In some cases, voltaren injections can be combined with the use of other forms of release of this medication (tablets, patch, gel, rectal suppositories). The daily dosage of the active substance in this case should not exceed 150 milligrams.
Does voltaren affect the work of the stomach and duodenum?
Voltaren is able to negatively affect the gastric mucosa and lead to various diseases, such as gastritis, duodenitis (inflammation of the duodenal mucosa), and also contributes to the development of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer. The thing is that voltaren belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and is able to act on the particular enzyme cyclooxygenase of the first type (COX-1), which leads to inhibition of the formation of prostaglandins at the level of the gastrointestinal tract.Prostaglandins, in turn, are necessary to increase the secretion of bicarbonates of the gastric mucosa, which play a leading role in protecting the mucosa from the negative effects of hydrochloric acid. Also, prostaglandins are involved in the process of regeneration of the mucosa of the digestive tract and increase blood circulation in it. That is why long-term use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (including voltaren) can adversely affect the condition of the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum.
In which case do you need to use voltaren gel?
Voltaren gel (emulgel) is used to relieve pain in muscles and joints.
Voltaren emulsifier can be used in the following cases:
- muscle pain after bruises, injuries, overstrain or sprain,
- joint pain with rheumatoid arthritis (a disease with damage to the connective tissue of the joints) or osteoarthritis (a disease of the joints with a primary lesion of the cartilage tissue),
- sciatica (pain along the affected nerve roots of the spinal cord),
- lumbago (acute lower back pain),
- sciatica (inflammation of the sciatic nerve).
Children over twelve years of age, as well as adults with voltaren gel should be rubbed slightly on the painful area from 2 to 4 times a day. At one time, it is necessary to apply 2 to 4 grams of gel (this volume corresponds to the size of the cherry), which is enough to treat a skin segment with an area of 500 - 700 cm². After the gel has been applied to the skin, you should wash your hands to avoid getting the medication on the mucous membrane of the eye.
The course of treatment depends on the type of disease, its severity and therapeutic effect from the use of the gel. Voltaren emulgel is not recommended for use for more than 2 weeks for the treatment of inflammatory processes that arose against the background of various injuries, as well as with rheumatic diseases of soft tissues. In the event that within 7 days the necessary therapeutic effect is not observed, then it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Composition and form of release
Swiss manufacturer Novartis Pharma produces Voltaren rectal suppositories in blisters from metallized foil No. 5 or No. 10 in a package. Candles are torpedo-shaped for convenient insertion into the rectum. The color of the drug is white with a slight yellowish or cream tint, the surface is smooth or slightly rough, the smell is weak, characteristic. The composition of candles includes only two ingredients:
- diclofenac sodium,
- solid fats to form the base.
One suppository may contain 25.0 mg, 50.0 mg or 100.0 mg of the active ingredient. Secondary packaging of the drug is a cardboard box with instructions for use enclosed inside. Shelf life is 36 months, when removing the candle from the cell, it is limited to several days. Voltaren should be stored at room temperature in places protected from direct sunlight. The cost of the drug is 300 rubles for 5 candles with the highest dosage.
A few decades ago, as a result of clinical studies, Voltaren's greater safety was proved in comparison with other NSAIDs. It was found that it exhibits higher anti-inflammatory efficacy than Ibuprofen and Indomethacin when used in the same dosages.
Diclofenac sodium has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect. As a result of numerous experiments, its ability to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins was confirmed. These biologically active compounds cause:
- inflammatory process.
In in vitro trials, diclofenac at a therapeutic concentration did not inhibit the synthesis of proteoglycans of hyaline cartilage.Suppositories Voltaren in rheumatological practice are used to eliminate the following symptoms:
- stiffness of movements
- morning swelling of the joint,
- pain syndrome.
The use of the drug in the postoperative period allows you to quickly reduce the edema that has formed due to the inflammatory process. It is prescribed by gynecologists to treat dysmenorrhea. The course use of NSAID suppositories helps to reduce pain and the amount of blood secreted.
Dr. Epifanov on the treatment of NSAIDs:
Diclofenac is slightly more slowly absorbed from suppositories than from tablets. Its maximum therapeutic concentration is detected in plasma one hour after rectal administration. The degree of absorption is affected by the dosage of suppositories. Reuse does not alter the pharmacokinetic values. If the patient adheres to the dosage regimen recommended by the doctor, then the components do not accumulate in the body.
After 3 hours, diclofenac accumulates in the synovial fluid. After another 2 hours, the concentration of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug in the joint cavity becomes higher than in the bloodstream. This indicator remains the entire half-life of 10-12 hours.
Diclofenac is metabolized by glucuronidation in liver cells. Its molecule is hydroxylated and methoxylated. As a result, phenolic metabolites are formed, each of which is transformed into a glucuronide conjugate. Two metabolites are characterized by lower biological activity than diclofenac.
The indicator of the total systemic plasma clearance of the active ingredient is 263 ± 56 ml / min., The half-life is 1.5 hours. Pharmacologically active and inactive metabolites are in the body for 1 to 3 hours. More than 60% of the converted diclofenac is excreted in urine in the form of:
- glucuronic conjugates,
- unsplit diclofenac
- metabolites of non-transformed NSAIDs.
The remaining 40% of the converted active ingredient is evacuated with bile acids at each bowel movement.
- With simultaneous use with vitamins E and C, the effect of interferon is enhanced.
- When combined with NSAIDs and anticholinesterase drugs, the action of benzocaine is potentiated.
- When combined, the atibacterial activity of sulfonamides is reduced (due to the action of benzocaine).
- When combined with antibiotics and other antimicrobials used to treat urogenital infections, the effectiveness of Genferon increases.
Voltaren suppositories are prohibited for use in identifying individual intolerance to the active or auxiliary ingredient. They are not prescribed for patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any NSAIDs. The drug is not used if the patient has one of these diseases:
- disorders of blood formation processes,
- hyperacid or erosive gastritis,
- ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract,
- stomach or intestinal bleeding,
- "Aspirin triad" - intolerance to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in patients with asthma and polyps in the nasal passages,
- acute hemorrhoids and proctitis, their exacerbations in the chronic course of pathologies,
- hemophilia and other changes in homeostasis.
Voltaren suppositories are not used during the bearing of the child and during breastfeeding. They are not intended to treat children under 18 years of age. The active ingredient of the drug penetrates the systemic circulation and has a negative effect on the internal organs. Relative contraindications of suppositories:
- high blood pressure
- acute or chronic renal failure,
- severe liver disease
- tendency to swelling
- bronchial asthma,
- heart failure.
With caution, Voltaren candles should be used by the elderly patients and the elderly. The use of suppositories by patients after surgery is carried out with constant laboratory monitoring of urine and blood.
Pharmacological actions and composition of the drug
Voltaren candles - this is a medication related to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. According to the instructions, the active component of the drug is diclofenac sodium. Suppositories also include solid fat.
How does the active substance of the drug work? Diclofenac sodium slows down the formation of prostaglandins, which, in turn, lead to pain, local fever and inflammatory foci.
Suppositories Voltaren have the following pharmacological properties:
- The tool helps to stop the inflammatory processes in the hemorrhoid cones. Due to this, the inflamed nodules become less swollen and decrease in size.
- The drug stops pain in the anal canal. Diclofenac sodium is well absorbed, and helps to eliminate pain in the anal canal. The absorption of the drug occurs through the mucous surface of the intestinal wall.
- The medication eliminates fever at the site of inflammation.
It is noteworthy that the therapeutic effect occurs within 10-20 minutes after the administration of suppositories.
Anesthetic suppositories for hemorrhoids with analgesic effect: composition and mechanism of action
The analgesic effect of suppositories is manifested due to the presence of local anesthetics in their composition. These drugs may contain novocaine, lidocaine, benzocaine, macrogol, bufexamak, and other local anesthetics.
After the introduction of suppositories, the anesthetic penetrates the tissues of the anus and slows down the conduct of pain impulses from the receptors to the brain, which makes it possible to anesthetize hemorrhoids. In addition, pain relievers relieve itching and burning in the rectal canal.
What kind of suppositories for hemorrhoids to choose?
Each anesthetic has strict indications and contraindications for use, in addition, patients may experience adverse reactions during treatment. Therefore, only a specialist can choose the most effective and safe rectal suppository pain reliever for hemorrhoids.
When choosing painkillers, the following factors are considered:
- patient age
- physiological condition of the patient,
- hemorrhoids stage,
- severity of pain
- the presence of other symptoms of hemorrhoids (bleeding, inflammation, swelling, etc.),
- the presence of complications of hemorrhoids.
That is, if hemorrhoids are accompanied by soreness and bleeding from the rectum, it is necessary to use suppositories with painkiller and hemostatic effect. In the case when the disease has inflammation and pain, preference is given to anti-inflammatory suppositories with anesthetic effect.
Features of the use of suppositories from hemorrhoids with an anesthetic effect
Analgesic suppositories are used exclusively rectally. Also, before the introduction of suppositories, it is necessary to prepare the anorectal zone, which consists in the following:
- bowel movement. With constipation, you can use a cleansing enema, glycerin suppositories or a laxative in the form of microclysters. Bowel movement is necessary so that after the introduction of the suppository there is no urge to defecate,
- washing the anus and genitals with warm water without soap,
- drying the skin of the anorectal region with a soft towel.
After hygiene procedures, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
With each type of hemorrhoids, there are some features of use, which we will discuss later.
To introduce candles into the anus, it is recommended to take a comfortable pose, for example, lying on the left side with slightly bent legs in the knee and femoral joints.
After that, the plastic packaging is removed from the candle, the end is covered with fingers, the buttocks are pushed open and inserted into the rectum by about 3-4 centimeters. After the introduction of the drug, it is necessary to clamp the buttocks and lie down for 20-30 minutes so that the components of the candle do not leak out.
The use of suppositories for external hemorrhoids
With external hemorrhoids, the suppository does not need to be pushed all the way into the rectal canal, but should be held with your fingers in the anus until it melts. So that the drug does not melt from the heat of the fingers, its end is held through a gauze napkin.
After the introduction of suppositories, you must thoroughly wash your hands so as not to transfer the remnants of the drug to the mucous membranes of the oral cavity or eyes.
The frequency of use and the duration of treatment for hemorrhoids with analgesic suppositories depends on the severity of the pain syndrome and is determined by the attending doctor.
The composition includes: amber, pearls, borneol, artificial bezoar and musk, zinc carbonate. This is a rectal preparation, it is intended for the treatment of the anal canal with cracks, hemorrhoids. Properties: antiseptic, decongestant, analgesic, hemostatic. There are no side effects and contraindications, rare allergic reactions are noted.
The main substances in the composition: dexpanthenol, sodium heparin, allantoin. The ointment provides an anti-inflammatory, regenerative, antithrombotic effect. Given that the drug affects the cause of hemorrhoids, pain also passes through the treatment of inflammation. It is not used for violation of the integrity of the skin.
This is a local anesthetic, because lidocaine is part of the composition, with hemorrhoids it is used locally. Other components: D-panthenol, prednisolone capronate. The ointment provides an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effect. It is prescribed for pathologies in the perianal region. This ointment for hemorrhoids with lidocaine has contraindications: fungal, viral infection of the skin.
Aurobin provides an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effect.
The main components: methyluracil, chloramphenicol. This tool is indicated for purulent processes. Anti-inflammatory components determine the effect of the drug. Yet this tool provides an antimicrobial effect, stimulates regenerative processes. There are no contraindications, except for individual intolerance to the components.
This is a universal remedy that is characterized by antiseptic properties, it stimulates blood circulation, metabolic processes, promotes skin regeneration. Composition: xeroform, castor oil, birch tar. Apply ointment in pathological processes developing in the structure of the skin.
She has no contraindications, only an individual reaction to the components is noted, which is rare.
The main compound in the composition is ichthyol. The drug has a local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, keratoplastic, antiseptic effect. It is recommended to use it for pathologies of the external integument: eczema, hemorrhoids, inflammation, furunculosis, etc. Of the contraindications, only an individual reaction to the active substance is noted.
Ingredients: bismuth nitrate, methylene blue, zinc oxide, tannin, resorcinol. It is an effective antiseptic, characterized by antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, drying, analgesic properties. It is intended for the treatment of hemorrhoids, anal fissures. The remedy has no contraindications.
Candles contain sodium alginate. Properties of the drug: reparative, hemostatic. In addition, suppositories help stop the inflammatory process. Indications for use: anal fissures, hemorrhoids, inflammation and bleeding in the perianal region. There are no contraindications to the drug, only possible allergic reactions are noted.
This is a preparation based on natural components: resin, wax, essential oils, pollen, flavonoids, organic acids, vitamins A, E, C. Candles are positioned by the manufacturer as an immunostimulating agent. This is a universal medicine, which is used including with hemorrhoids.
Suppositories have no contraindications, only a possible allergy to the components in the composition is noted.
The drug contains an extract of therapeutic mud. Properties: antibacterial, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, wound healing. Indications for use: hemorrhoidal nodes, anus cracks, inflammatory process in the perianal region. Candles do not provoke the appearance of side effects, have no contraindications, except for individual intolerance to the components.
Ingredients: propolis, royal jelly, honey, bee bread, wax, pollen. Candles are prescribed for hemorrhoids, anal fissures. They must be used with caution if there is a negative reaction to beekeeping products. Properties of the drug: anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, regenerative, antifungal, antibacterial, antitumor.
Prostopin is prescribed for hemorrhoids, anal fissures.
Suppositories contain phenol-killed E. coli cells. With their help, the development of inflammation stops, local immunity increases, itching is eliminated, and the skin regeneration process accelerates. Indications for use are pathologies in the perianal region. The tool is not used if there is phenol intolerance.
Posterisan contains phenol-killed E. coli cells.
Suppositories for the treatment of hemorrhoidal cracks - a list of the most effective and inexpensive with a description
Hemorrhoids cause a lot of problems to the sick person, but if some people prefer to keep silent about such a delicate problem, others try to find ways to solve it.
Fortunately, modern medicine has a mass of various drugs that can alleviate or completely get rid of this condition.
Suppositories for hemorrhoids and fissures can be of different compositions: some are designed to relieve pain, other drugs relieve inflammation or have a wound healing effect. You need to know: how to make the right choice.
What is hemorrhoids
Many have suggested that hemorrhoids result from inflammation of the veins of the rectum. However, from a medical point of view, this disease is characterized by an increase in cavernous tissue. Each person has them from birth, so anyone is at risk of the disease.
In appearance, cavernous tissues resemble small tubercles located under the intestinal mucosa. Hemorrhoids are the displacement or loss of these tubercles from the anal canal as a result of mechanical stress, intense physical exertion, or due to exacerbation of venous diseases.
The best suppositories for hemorrhoids
Each medication used in proctology in the treatment of hemorrhoids and fissures has its own principles for influencing the disease. They can have a healing effect, tone veins, relieve inflammation and reduce pain.
In addition, most rectal suppositories prevent the formation of thrombosis, the appearance of bleeding and do not allow the disease to go into the permanent stage. What suppositories from hemorrhoids are best unambiguously answered can only be decided by a doctor.
However, the principle of action of each drug is worth knowing if you decide to self-medicate.
Anestezin is an antiseptic of the local principle of exposure, the active substance of which is benzocaine.
Often such candles as auxiliary components also contain some additional substances, for example: sea buckthorn oil, shark oil, menthol, zinc oxide, sodium heparin.
The peculiarity of anestezin is that it has an increased analgesic effect, penetrating soft tissues in a minute and temporarily reducing the sensitivity of nerve endings.The duration of anesthesia from such suppositories lasts up to half an hour. This category of drugs includes:
Antihemorrhoidal suppositories with anti-inflammatory effect are of two types: created on the basis of plant components and with artificial antiseptics. In the first case, the composition of the medicine includes natural herbs or plant extracts: sea buckthorn oil, calendula, chestnut, chamomile, propolis. Such candles are dispensed without a prescription and have a minimum of side effects.
Suppositories based on synthetic antiseptics contain bismuth, inactivated microbial cells, hydrocortisone, prednisone. They have a very wide range of contraindications for use, a number of side effects and should be used only as directed by a doctor. Anti-inflammatory rectal suppositories of both groups include:
- Calendula Nam,
- Propolis Nam,
Suppositories with hydrocortisone in proctology are used as an effective anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, vasoconstrictor and antipruritic agent. They quickly help heal anal fissures, relieve irritation, relieve swelling, pain and itching.
The only rectal suppository registered in Russia with hydrocortisone is Relief Ultra. These suppositories are sold in a pharmacy without a prescription, but are not recommended for the treatment of hemorrhoids during pregnancy and for people with impaired blood composition.
With prednisone rectal
Synthetic glucocorticosteroid suppositories with prednisone are used as an anti-inflammatory anti-allergic agent that quickly relieves itching in the anus, relieves swelling and redness.
In pharmacies, the choice of similar drugs is very limited. The only well-proven remedy are suppositories for hemorrhoids and fissures Hepatrombin G.
They are released without a prescription, but have many side effects.
Local anesthetic lidocaine helps to quickly and permanently relieve pain with inflammation of the hemorrhoids and the appearance of cracks in the anus.
The mechanism of action of such suppositories is based on a temporary blockage of the nerve channels and a decrease in the sensitivity of soft tissues.
It is worth noting that such anesthetic suppositories can only alleviate the patient’s condition, but they do not affect inflammation and do not help in the treatment of hemorrhoids. These candles include:
The mechanism of action of healing suppositories for hemorrhoids and fissures is aimed at accelerating the regeneration of soft tissues, wounds or cracks in the anus.
They are also able to relieve inflammation, swelling, eliminate soreness of hemorrhoids, facilitate bowel movements.
Compared with similar ointments and tablets, wound healing suppositories have a quick effect and contribute to better absorption of active substances.
The composition of the healing rectal suppositories includes: fluocortolone, hydrocortisone, seaweed extracts, zinc sulfate, sodium hydrochloride, titanium dioxide. The best suppositories for hemorrhoids and cracks are:
Effective suppositories for hemorrhoids
Today it is difficult to find really good and at the same time inexpensive suppositories from hemorrhoids. It is even more difficult to understand how appropriate the use of a particular suppository is.
However, there are drugs whose action has been tested by time and by many people. They have a minimum of adverse reactions, a short list of contraindications, effectively help in the treatment of hemorrhoids, heal cracks.
On these funds it is worth focusing your attention.
How to anesthetize hemorrhoids
You can relieve pain and alleviate the condition with exacerbation of hemorrhoids using a number of topical preparations, which contain substances that have analgesic and antispasmodic effects, and anti-inflammatory components.The form of release of rectal preparations for hemorrhoids can be different: ointments, gels, tablets and suppositories.
With exacerbation of hemorrhoids, itching, swelling in the anus and severe pain occur suddenly.
Analgesic pills are drugs that reduce inflammation and congestion in the nodes, and analgesics. Anti-inflammatory drugs are used during exacerbation and remission, and analgesics will help alleviate the patient's condition during an exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
Patients should be aware that tablets from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can provoke increased bleeding from the nodes, therefore they should be prescribed by doctors taking into account the clinical picture and the patient's condition.
Relief Advance candles are composed of benzocaine and a number of mineral oils. The drug instantly relieves soreness and itching in the rectum, softens the mucous membrane of the anus and accelerates the restoration of damaged tissues.
The drug is used for internal hemorrhoids, abscesses and eczema of the anus, anal itching, as well as when performing proctologic operations and studies of the rectum.
Relief Advance suppositories are contraindicated in case of allergy to their ingredients, granulocytopenia and a tendency to form blood clots.
Dosage and administration: 1 suppository 1-4 times a day, depending on the severity of pain. The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician.
The average price of candles Relief Advance - 510 rubles.
Candles with Novocain
Novocaine is a local painkiller that is widely used in medicine, including proctology.
Suppositories with novocaine is an inexpensive drug with a strong analgesic effect, which is effectively prescribed for internal hemorrhoids and anal tears.
This tool is contraindicated in childhood and allergies to its components. The use of Novocain suppositories during pregnancy and lactation is allowed.
Dosage and administration: for a candle really 1-2 times a day. The course of treatment is 5 days.
The average price of a medicine is 52 rubles.
How to cook candles with analgesic effect?
If there are no officinal candles with painkillers on hand, you can try to cook them yourself. But you need to understand that homemade rectal inserts can not replace medications.
To your attention, homemade candle recipes that will help relieve pain in the anus.
- Icy rectal suppositories. You can prepare this folk remedy from ordinary water or a decoction of the highlander, calendula, chamomile and other medicinal plants. To do this, 2 tablespoons of a dry plant pour 250 ml of boiling water and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes, after which it is filtered and cooled. The finished broth is poured into paper cones and sent to the freezer for 2-3 hours. Used in battles and bleeding from the anus, 1 suppository 2-4 times a day until the symptoms of the disease disappear.
- Potato rectal inserts. A small cylinder is cut out of raw, peeled and chilled potatoes, lubricated with vegetable oil, and inserted into the anus for the night. In the morning, the liner will come out with feces.
- Propolis candles. In a water bath melt 100 grams of propolis, then add 20 grams of spruce resin and stir until a uniform consistency is formed. 25 ml of sea buckthorn and rosehip oil are poured into the resulting mass. The finished mixture is poured into pre-prepared candle molds and refrigerated for 4-5 hours. For pain in the anus, apply 1 suppository 2-5 times a day, until the symptoms of the disease subside.
Hemorrhoids pain is only one of the symptoms of the disease, so the use of painkillers is exclusively symptomatic therapy.
You can get rid of hemorrhoidal nodes only through complex treatment, which consists of a diet, lifestyle correction, administration of venotonic systemic drugs, the use of local medicines, and in advanced cases, surgical intervention.
Name of tablets, average price
The pharmacy can offer a huge selection of pain relievers. However, choosing a suitable product should not be a pharmacist in a pharmacy, but a proctologist.
- Analgin. If it comes to pain relief, they immediately recall Analgin. The tool is affordable for everyone. A pack of 10 tablets of 500 mg costs about 25 rubles. The daily dose for hemorrhoids is not more than 3 tablets per day. The effect lasts about 6 hours.
- Pentalgin. A combined drug that contains painkillers, antipyretic, antispasmodics. You can feel the improvement in 15 minutes, the therapeutic effect lasts about 5 hours. A pack of 12 tablets costs about 70 rubles. There is also Pentalgin with drotaverine with a pronounced antispasmodic effect. Its price per pack is about 150 rubles.
- Detralex. Take pills for hemorrhoids courses. The therapeutic effect occurs within 3 hours. Pills anesthetize, and also improve blood circulation, eliminate puffiness, strengthen capillaries, stop bleeding. Detralex is taken on average a month. After the course, all symptoms of hemorrhoids disappear, relapses are prevented. This is one of the most common drugs for the treatment of hemorrhoids of different stages. The drug is produced by several manufacturers. Packing cost of 30 pcs. domestic producer about 800 rubles., 60 pcs. costs within 1600 rubles. The price of Detralex French production is many times more expensive.
- Hemoroidin. Pills are designed to treat hemorrhoids. Eliminate pain gradually, do not have an instant effect. The disappearance of pain occurs due to the effect on blood vessels, blood circulation. The drug removes all unpleasant sensations, eliminates the cause of pain. Take from 1 month to a year. Hemorrhoidin is made on the basis of natural ingredients. The cost of the funds is about 1000 rubles, and it is problematic to get it. Order online.
- Phlebodia. The drug is made in France from the venotonic group. The analgesic effect is felt 5 hours after application. Tablets strengthen blood vessels, eliminate stagnant processes. They stop bleeding and relieve inflammation. Eliminate the very cause of the pain. Take a long time. Contraindication is only individual intolerance to the components. Packing cost of 60 pcs. 1600 rub.
- Ibuklin. It belongs to the group of non-steroidal drugs. Relieves inflammation, removes fever, anesthetizes. The drug is available in India, the average price of 100 rubles.
- Nise. Strong analgesic drug combined action. Relieves spasm, fever. The action lasts about 8 hours, and improvement occurs within 10 minutes. Do not take longer than 10 days. The price of the Indian drug differs significantly in different pharmacies - from 190 rubles. for 20 pieces up to 500 rubles. for a similar amount.
- Ketanov. If you need to remove severe pain that cannot be tolerated, take this drug. A small tablet is a powerful painkiller. The effect lasts 8 hours. The price for 10 pieces is about 22 rubles.
It is necessary to choose a remedy based on the intensity of pain. Do not drink strong painkillers immediately with tolerable pain. It should also be remembered that maximum efforts must be made to eliminate the very cause of hemorrhoids, and not just stop the pain.
Fleming's ointment is a homeopathic medicine that has the following composition: calendula, witch hazel, menthol, zinc oxide, esculus.Thanks to these components, the ointment helps relieve pain, reduce inflammation, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, reduce itching and bleeding. Well suited for the treatment of hemorrhoids 1-2 stages.
What pills can be used during pregnancy
Painkillers have contraindications - pregnancy, breastfeeding. But what if hemorrhoids just appear in the process of bearing the fetus.
It is not worth it to take tablets on your own that were previously well perceived by the body. During pregnancy, the reaction to each medication can be unpredictable. Most drugs negatively affect the development of the fetus. Self-treatment is not allowed without consulting a specialist.
Allowed tablets on a natural basis and some funds from the group of non-steroidal:
- No-shpa. Relieves spasm, relaxes muscles, removes pain. An analogue is cheaper at a price with an identical composition - Drotaverin.
- Paracetamol. Pregnant women are allowed to take, in extreme cases, 0.5 tablets at a time.
- Detralex. Assign with progressive hemorrhoids. The drug not only eliminates pain, but also cures the disease.
If a woman has hemorrhoids only appears against the background of pregnancy, treatment is prescribed with candles, ointment. If he was earlier, he began to progress, without pills can not do. Specialists prescribe drugs with dose adjustment, taking into account the positive effect in relation to the negative effect on the development of the fetus.
The benefits of pills
The main plus of painkillers is the speed of action, ease of use. You can get rid of severe torment in a few minutes. After this, proceed with active actions for the treatment of hemorrhoids - suppositories, ointments, compresses, baths and more.
Anesthetics pills that relieve pain gradually, affecting the state of blood vessels, improving blood circulation, at the same time treat the disease, resist relapses.
The most effective pain relievers for hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are extremely unpleasant. The nodes protruding in the anus hurt, itch, bleed, does not allow to wear tight clothes, walk normally. To reduce pain with hemorrhoids, analgesic suppositories (suppositories) are used. They are complex drugs that reduce pain and treat inflammation.
The composition of suppositories from hemorrhoids with an analgesic effect
Rectal suppositories - intended for local treatment of hemorrhoids. They are used in the initial stage of the disease. Later, when hemorrhoids are inflamed and often fall out, suppositories are used as an analgesic. Suppositories with the effect of anesthesia are also necessary for developed hemorrhoids, when a person has daily bleeding and severe inflammation of protruding "bumps".
In the composition of suppositories for pain relief, the main active ingredient is an analgesic. It impairs the transmission of nerve impulses and reduces pain. However, it must be understood that the use of anesthetic alone does not cure.
A symptomatic reduction in pain sometimes exacerbates the general condition. It seems to a person that everything is fine, while pathology develops, inflammation spreads to neighboring tissues.
There comes a time when simple anabolics cease to function and require replacement with more serious painkillers.
The composition of rectal suppositories includes traditional analgesics - anestezin, benzocaine, lidocaine, novocaine. Also, additional components are introduced into the composition that treat inflammation (antibiotics), dilute blood or sclerotize blood vessels, which as a result leads to a decrease in pain.
Among the antibacterial drugs in the composition of suppositories are neomycin, zincoin. Among blood thinners is heparin. Among sclerosing - lauromacrogol.
Suppositories for pain relief and inflammation treatment
Most analgesic suppositories are complex medications. They contain:
- Anti-inflammatory substance (antibiotic, antiseptic),
- Venotonics (drugs to improve venous blood circulation),
- Anticoagulant (blood thinner and blood clots).
Note: venotonics and anticoagulants are also anti-inflammatory components. They establish venous blood flow, which leads to a decrease in swelling and a decrease in inflammation.
The best medicine has a complex effect - anesthetizes, treats and carries out the necessary prevention. Therefore, modern suppositories from hemorrhoids do not just reduce the sensitivity of tissues. They alleviate the condition against the background of general anti-inflammatory therapy, accelerate regeneration and healing, and prevent the further development of complications.
Here is a list of names of pain relievers for hemorrhoids and their composition, a list of substances that provide a therapeutic effect.
Painkillers and anti-inflammatory suppositories for hemorrhoids
- Anestezol. Candles with zinc, bismuth and benzocaine. Positioned as a complex drug for local anesthesia and against inflammation. Anti-inflammatory effect provides zinc oxide and bismuth. Anesthesia - Analgesic benzocaine.
- Anuzol They contain the same anti-inflammatory components that are contained in suppositories Anestezol (zinc, bismuth) and a natural analgesic - belladonna extract (belladonna). Thanks to belladonna, candles not only treat inflammation and anesthetize (relieve painful spasm).
- Belladonna. The second name is belladonna: it is a poisonous plant. Therefore, Anestezol suppositories are contraindicated in pregnant women, people with weakened intestines.
- Relief and Relief Advance. All Relif brand suppositories contain shark liver oil and phenylephrine hydrochloride as the active ingredient. Oil treats inflammation and heals wounds. And phenylephrine - constricts blood vessels, and this prevents the overflow of hemorrhoids with blood. Their complex effect reduces swelling and cures inflammation. Candles Relief and Advance differ in application features. They are prescribed taking into account the stage of development of hemorrhoids and its symptoms. So a simple Relief is used in the treatment of bleeding hemorrhoidal nodes. And Relief Advance is prescribed for severe hemorrhoidal pain. It contains benzocaine, which is an analgesic. Due to its significant analgesic effect, Relief Advance is used for painful proctologic examinations, or after proctologic operations.
- Procto-Glivenol. Suppositories contain two components, venotonic tribenoside and analgesic lidocaine. Tribenoside - strengthens blood vessels, reduces their permeability, increases the tone of the vascular walls. It combines anti-inflammatory and tonic effects, improves the circulation of lymph and blood, removes its stagnation. Lidocaine - blocks pain.
- Ginkor Procto. These suppositories contain Gingko Biloba extract and butamben (a moderate-acting analgesic). Gingko Biloba is a vascular drug, venotonic. It normalizes the permeability of the vascular walls and improves local blood flow.
Note: Ginkor Protko suppositories are contraindicated in thyrotoxicosis.
Features of the use of rectal suppositories
Suppositories for hemorrhoids, as a rule, are prescribed for internal inflammation of cavernous tissues. They are easy to use and do not require special skills from the patient. However, some nuances are still worth considering:
- Candles can be administered only after complete emptying of the intestine, all hygiene procedures.
- In order to achieve the maximum effect from the treatment, the suppository should not be allowed to fall into the rectum.At the injection stage, it is necessary to hold the candle at the beginning of the channel until it is completely dissolved.
- If the candle needs to be entered only once, then it is better to do it in the evening - before you go to bed. When used twice, the second candle must be introduced in the morning - immediately after waking up, without getting out of bed.
How to choose candles
The fundamental criteria for the selection of rectal suppositories should not be the price of the drug or its popularity among buyers, but the predominance of certain symptoms. For example:
- With uncomplicated hemorrhoids with mild pain, but with a risk of blood clots, it is better to buy suppositories with heparin or use a similar ointment.
- For severe pain in the anus, it is necessary to buy anesthetics with lidocaine, anesthesin or neomycin.
- If blood is present in the stool, vasoconstrictor and hemostatic agents will help.
- Severe hemorrhoids with a pronounced inflammatory process, severe itching, burning, redness and pain, must be treated from one week to several months. To do this, a course of hormonal drugs or non-steroidal drugs is prescribed.
- With any type of hemorrhoids, before ordering a drug in a pharmacy, you should find out all contraindications to the medicine, take into account adverse reactions and be sure to visit a proctologist.
The price of suppositories from hemorrhoids and cracks
You can buy rectal suppositories at any pharmacy in your city. Almost all of them are sold without a doctor’s prescription, but require his consultation. In addition, most drugs at low prices can be bought in online stores.
However, before ordering the drug through the catalog, it will not be superfluous to verify that the seller has the appropriate quality certificates and check the expiration date of the medicines after receipt.
The average cost of rectal suppositories from hemorrhoids and cracks can be found in the table:
|Drug name||Active component||Price in rubles|
|Relief||Phenylephrine hydrochloride + shark liver oil||250-320 p.|
|Hepatrombin G||Heparin sodium + prednisolone acetate + polydocanol||From 73 to 186 p.|
|Proctosan||Bufexamak + titanium dioxide + bismuth subgallate + lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate||160-350 p.|
|Natalside||Sodium Alginate||305-350 p.|
|Prosterizan||Inactivated microbial cells of E. coli||From 129 to 300 p.|
|Anuzol||Bismuth tribromphenate + thick belladonna extract + zinc sulfate||17-101 p.|
|Proctogenesis||Tribenoside + Lidocaine Hydrochloride||280-500 p.|
Video: Hemorrhoids Suppositories
Overview of remedies for hemorrhoids for home treatment
Attention!The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.
Found a mistake in the text? Select it, press Ctrl + Enter and we will fix it!
Ketonal candles: composition, indications, use for hemorrhoids
The most popular include Ketanov, Ketorol, Ketonal. But often, when patients complain of pain in various pathologies, in particular, arthritis, arthrosis, gout, doctors prescribe Ketonal suppositories. The use of rectal suppositories is especially effective for pain of various etiologies.
This is due to the direct effect of the drug on the pain center.
However, each person should understand that only the attending physician can prescribe the drug and only if there is evidence. Do not self-medicate. The selection of the wrong dosage, exceeding the frequency of use of the drug is fraught with dire consequences, in particular the appearance of side effects.
Composition and mechanism of exposure
The mechanism of action of the drug is determined by its composition, therefore, it is similar to other drugs based on ketoprofen.Ketonal (suppositories, as well as ointment, tablets) is an effective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that helps not only to eliminate the inflammatory process, but also to minimize pain and lower the temperature.
From the instructions of suppositories it is known about anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects.
A drug in the form of candles is prescribed, often, to people who, for certain reasons, are contraindicated in the use of a medication in the form of tablets, ointments, gel or cream. In addition to the active substance of the drug - ketoprofen, the tool is endowed with auxiliary - solid fat and glyceryl caprylocaprate. Suppositories have a torpedo shape, glossy surface and white color.
The drug is effective in combating the painful sensations of any etiology. Often, the use of Ketonal candles is prescribed to people who complain of intense soreness.
Candles are effective in combating such ailments:
- rheumatoid arthritis,
- ankylosing spondylitis,
- pain after surgery
- soreness during menstruation,
- musculoskeletal injuries,
Appropriate use of the drug helps to eliminate pain, inflammation, as well as improve the condition and significantly improve the quality of life.
How to apply suppositories
Analgesic suppositories are applied rectally. As a rule, to minimize pain, one suppository is prescribed twice a day. Candles can be used in combination with other forms of Ketonal. But in this case, do not forget that the total maximum allowable daily dosage of the active substance is 200 mg.
The duration of the therapeutic course is to improve well-being and eliminate pain. Ketonal suppositories must be inserted into the rectum after bowel movement.
If there are difficulties with emptying, before you enter the suppository, you must put an enema or take a laxative drug.
After a bowel movement, you need to carry out hygiene procedures and only after that enter a candle.
For the introduction of the suppository to be minimally traumatic, you need to carry out the procedure in one of the following poses: lying on your side with your knees bent, crouching or kneeling. Next, with your index finger, you must slowly push the candle into the anus. After the introduction of the drug, it is necessary to lie down so that the candle melts.
Suppositories with ketoprofen are effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids. The tool helps to eliminate soreness, inflammation and swelling. The course of therapy is selected by the doctor. A candle should be introduced exclusively after emptying the intestine and after holding the perineum toilet and the anus.
It is preferable to administer the medicine in the supine position with the legs bent at the knees. In the presence of internal hemorrhoid cones, the suppository must be inserted deep into the rectal canal. With external hemorrhoids, the candle is placed in the anus and is held to the base with a sterile napkin until it is absorbed.
After the manipulation, you need to lie down for half an hour so that the candle does not leak out. For the treatment of this unpleasant ailment, the use of, as a rule, one suppository twice a day is prescribed. The duration of the therapeutic course is selected by the doctor, depending on the severity of the inflammation.
You can apply suppositories during pregnancy and HB
The use of Ketonal (in any form) during gestation and breastfeeding is contraindicated.A doctor, when complaining of pain, will select a safer drug that will in no way affect the formation of the fetus, the condition of the newborn baby or mother.
As with any other analgesic or anti-inflammatory drug, Ketonal, along with indications for use, has contraindications.
Rectal suppositories Ketonal are widely used in gynecology, proctology and other fields. They are used to eliminate pain during menstruation, with hemorrhoids, prostatitis.
But it is better to use Ketonal in any form (tablets, capsules, ointments) with the knowledge of the doctor.
The use of suppositories is not recommended for pregnant women, breast-feeding women, children under 15 years of age, as well as people with:
- heart, kidney and liver failure,
- acute rectal bleeding,
- peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum,
- inflammatory bowel pathologies, in particular, UC,
- hemophilia, thrombocytopenic purpura,
- ulcerative proctitis,
- chronic dyspepsia
- individual intolerance,
- bronchial asthma.
The listed contraindications are absolute. In addition to them, there are relative ones. Ketonal rectal suppositories are prescribed with caution to people with diabetes, blood pathologies, hypertension, hyperbilirubinemia, dyslipidemia, as well as addiction to alcohol and smokers.
Basically, the medicine is well tolerated by patients. Side effects after the use of the medication are rare. However, with inappropriate use of the drug, an independent increase in the dosage and frequency of use of rectal suppositories Ketonal, the appearance of unpleasant symptoms is possible.
Exceeding the dosage is fraught with: deterioration of digestion, discomfort after a meal, nausea and vomiting, upset stool, heartburn, flatulence, headaches, fainting, mood swings, insomnia, skin rashes, itching, swelling of the dermis, depressed appetite epigastrium. If such symptoms appear, it is necessary to refrain from using the medication and consult a doctor immediately.
You can buy medicine at any pharmacy. The tool refers to over-the-counter. The average cost of rectal suppositories Ketonal is 280 rubles.
When buying a medicine, it is advisable to pay attention to the integrity of the packaging and the shelf life, which for suppositories is two years.
In addition, for the medicine to have the proper effect, it must be properly stored - at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees.
There are many similar to the active substance and therapeutic effect of Ketonal analogues. However, only the attending physician may prescribe or change the medicine.
Often, this NSAID is replaced by:
Ketonal is an effective remedy with pronounced anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Confirmation of the effectiveness of the drug are the positive reviews of the people who used it.
Suppositories from hemorrhoids: an overview of inexpensive and effective, reviews and recommendations from customers
Candles are considered an effective drug for the treatment of hemorrhoids. Rectal suppositories are used in cases:
- with hemorrhoids,
- with blood flow
- with inflammation of the anus,
- from cracks around the anus.
Suppositories for hemorrhoids: Relief, Anuzol, Hepatrombin G, Olestesin, Natalsid, Betiol and Proctoglivenol.
Below we consider in more detail the often prescribed medications that act on the focus of the disease, making the vein wall strong, toning the blood vessels, and facilitating the flow of blood. Candles help thin the blood, dissolve clots.
Popular medicinal suppositories are distinguished by anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic effects. Effective suppositories for hemorrhoids improve blood circulation, relieve irritation.
At the first sign of hemorrhoids, start treatment immediately. An effective remedy for bleeding is the use of suppositories. Suppositories instantly soothe pain. With the introduction of a suppository into the anus, it decomposes, the components fight the inflammatory process. It is required to contact a proctologist to get practical advice on the use against hemorrhoids.
With hemorrhoids, lidocaine best relieves pain. The composition of these suppositories contains lidocaine with tribenoside, so that they quickly anesthetize and relieve inflammation and itching in the anal canal. Contraindications for use are pregnancy and liver failure.
It is important to divide the suppositories, eliminating cracks during pregnancy, breastfeeding. minerals in candles is prescribed to minimize the risk of harming the baby. The list of funds is narrowing. Means suitable for women, including breastfeeding:
- Olestesin: used for cracks, itching. It acts as an anesthetic, eliminates the inflammatory process. A side effect is diarrhea. Method of application - 1 candle 2 times a day.
- Natalside: the drug relieves the inflammatory process, tightens the fissures of the anus. Use after surgery. Enter the rectum twice a day.
- Betiol: favor the disappearance of nodes, characterized by antispasmodic properties. Not recommended for use with prostate disease. Side effect - violation of the rhythm of the heartbeat, possibly the manifestation of diarrhea. Use 3 to 10 times a day.
- With sea buckthorn oil: regenerate damaged tissue of the rectum. Relieve itching and swelling. Effective treatment for cracks. Introduce into the sphincter 2 times a day. Take as directed for two weeks. 70% of patients approved the drug.
- Suppositories with glycerin: reduce the pressure in the hemorrhoidal veins. Swelling of the veins is reduced. Remedy for thrombosis of hemorrhoids. Use preferably in the morning once a day 20 minutes after eating.
Suppositories for hemorrhoids, recommended for women at 5-9 months of pregnancy:
- Hepatrombin G: prevents thrombosis. Apply 2 times a day after bowel movement. For the introduction of the ointment, a tip is used (attached to the drug), inserted into the anus. Lightly press on the tube to squeeze a small amount of ointment. It is not recommended for patients with tuberculosis, fungal skin lesions, skin tumors.
- Relief: the basis of the candles is cocoa butter. They are used to prevent internal, external hemorrhoids, cracks, and itching. Use from 2 times a day (morning, evening, after bowel movement). Contraindicated in hypersensitive patients.
- Ultraproct is a hormonal drug, used with the consent of a doctor. The effect in the healing of cracks is achieved quickly.
Talk with your doctor. During pregnancy, it is allowed to use herbal suppositories - there are no contraindications, a negative effect. Plant candles act on the pregnant woman's body gently and sparingly. Relieve inflammation, accelerate the healing of cracks.
A candle based on sea buckthorn is in demand. Relieves the inflammatory process, tightens the wound, reducing pain. Pregnant Glycerin suppositories are used. Dissolve the nodes, relieve problems associated with bowel movements. When applying, monitor the diet to prevent constipation.
Inexpensive suppositories for hemorrhoids for men
With hemorrhoids in men, candles are used. Antihemorrhoidal suppositories are prescribed by a doctor.The effectiveness of therapy depends on the progression of the disease, compliance with the recommendations of men - refusal of alcohol, proper nutrition, active lifestyle. If you do not stick, you will not be able to cure the disease - the effect will be temporary.
Suppositories for hemorrhoids in a male - Relief, Hepatrombin. After completing the course of therapy, the pain will decrease, the swelling will subside, the blood clots will liquefy.
When not to take
A ban on the use of anal drugs are:
- infections, tumors in the gut,
- insufficient amount of calcium in the body,
- peptic ulcer.
With lactation, carrying a baby are allowed for use with caution.
Carry out hygiene procedures - wash your crotch. The product is removed from the film, used immediately - it melts quickly. Rinse hands (gloves are acceptable). The drug is injected into the intestine as far as possible, with the rounded side forward. After you need to lie down for half an hour. If you have unpleasant sensations, they will immediately pass.
Suppositories for internal hemorrhoids
With internal bleeding, the nodes increase, fall out. If you start treating the disease in time, you can avoid surgery. Candle List:
- Proctosedil - anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect,
- Proctoglivenol - anesthetic effect, lead to a decrease in the cones, the tightening of cracks, wound healing agent,
- Relief - reduces pain,
- Silicon - stops hemorrhage,
- With prednisone - reduce swelling, itching,
- Adrenaline - reduce pain, hemorrhage during bowel movement.
Drugs are prescribed for the treatment of internal bleeding. The doctor will help you choose the right option.
With external bleeding, an ointment is used. The use of candles is recommended. When choosing suppositories, it is important to be guided by the recommendations:
- If you feel pain in the hemorrhoids - it is recommended to use drugs containing pain medication with anesthesin or lidocaine.
- If bleeding develops without complications, drugs containing heparin are prescribed.
Candles with antithrombotic effect
A number of suppositories from hemorrhoids contain an anticoagulant. It prevents the formation of blood clots, dilutes the blood in the treatment area and thereby treats inflammation. As a result, pain is reduced.
Anticoagulants are part of the following suppositories for hemorrhoids:
- Hepatrombin G - contains heparin (for thinning the blood), prednisone (a hormonal component for treating inflammation) and lauromacrogol. Heparin liquefies blood and does not form clots, blood clots. In this way, it improves blood circulation in the anus. Lauromacrogol - initiates the adhesion of the walls inside the hemorrhoid, and this reduces edema and reduces pain.
- Nigepan - contain heparin (anticoagulant) and benzocaine (analgesic).
Name and characteristics of candles
Patients are thinking of buying inexpensive and effective suppositories to cure the pathology quickly. In the office, the proctologist is often asked for recommendations about cheap candles. Initially, the doctor determines the stage of the disease, then he says the name of the drug, the cost.
Consider the varieties of suppositories:
- Methyluracil - restore the affected areas of the intestinal mucosa, tighten the cracks in the anus.
- Anti-inflammatory - contain components that prevent the growth of harmful microorganisms. Preparations propolis, ichthyol, phenol, bismuth, voltaren and hormones of the adrenal cortex.
- Painkillers - relieve painful, itchy sensations of the rectum.
- Hormonal: increased effectiveness, speed. Relieve pain, itching of the anal passage (Ultraprokt, Relief Ultra, Voltaren).
- Non-hormonal: act in the initial stages of hemorrhoids. Antihemorrhoids: Hepatrombin C, Levomekol, Bezornil.
- Glycerin - moisturize the skin, accelerate the healing of cracks.
- Homeopathic - composed of plant substances. Used in bearing a child: Adonis.
- Hemostatic - used for bleeding. The composition includes microorganisms that positively affect blood coagulation (contain adrenaline).
- Novocainic - used for intolerable pain in the intestine. Novocain contained in suppositories relieves pain for a long time.
- Indian - inexpensive suppositories from hemorrhoids "Antihemorrhoids". Treat the manifestations of the disease.
- Tykveol - made on the basis of pumpkin seeds. The anti-inflammatory substances in the product fight the problem.
- Sintomycin - a tool for women suffering from diseases of the genital area, used in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Heparin - healing occurs transiently, edema passes.
- Nizhpharm - preparations of the Russian company eliminate hemorrhoids, relieve anal pain. Ichthyol, Anestezol, Proctosan, Anuzol.
- Ultraproct - combined candles with analgesic, antihistamine properties.
- Chinese - cheap bleeding suppositories. The basis includes natural components from magnolia, amber, rhubarb root, and eastern biota. Relieve inflammation, heal the intestinal mucosa.
- Hepazolone - used in the treatment of internal, external hemorrhoids.
- Viferon - suppositories for bleeding for nursing mothers, pregnant women. The composition of the tool is interesting. The interferon substance is obtained by a laboratory method that fights an infection in the rectum. The drug treats children from birth.
- Procto-Glivenol. Applicable for inflammation of the rectum of the anus, reducing pain.
- Kyzyl May - a means to tighten cracks, relieves the inflammatory process of the intestine.
- Neo-anuzole - combined blue suppositories from bleeding, relieve pain, fight inflammation.
- Longidase is a drug with an antipruritic, anesthetic effect. Tighten anal fissures, relieve itching of the anorectal region.
- Posterisan is a German remedy for the treatment of hemorrhoids, a disease of the anal passage. It was developed for effective and painless treatment of bleeding.
The drug with antithrombotic, anti-inflammatory and venosclerosing action for local use in proctology - lidocaine hydrochloride (lidocaine) - heparin sodium (heparin sodium)
|◊ Rectal suppositories||1 supp.|
|heparin sodium||120 IU|
|lidocaine hydrochloride||20 mg|
5 pieces. - blister packs (2) - packs of cardboard.
The pharmacological effect is determined by the properties of the components included in the drug.
Heparin prevents the formation of blood clots, prevents blood coagulation in hemorrhoids, has an anti-edematous effect, promotes the regeneration of connective tissue, accelerates healing and reduces the number of relapses of the disease.
Heparin inhibits reactions that cause blood coagulation and form a fibrin thrombus. Heparin in this dosage in combination with antithrombin III of blood plasma inhibits thrombosis, deactivating factor XA, as well as inhibiting the conversion of prothrombin to thrombin.
Heparin inhibits the formation of a stable fibrin thrombus, inhibiting the activation of the fibrin-stabilizing factor. Heparin also exhibits an anti-inflammatory effect, affecting the endothelium of blood vessels, and prevents swelling.
Prednisone belongs to the group of synthetic glucocorticosteroids of medium duration, reduces the formation, release and activity of inflammatory mediators (histamine, kinin, prostaglandin, lysosomal enzymes).
Suppresses cell migration to the site of inflammation, reduces vasodilation and increased vascular permeability in the focus of inflammation. Reduces exudation due to vasoconstrictive action.
Suppresses the action of macrophages, target cells, cytokines, which are involved in the development of allergic reactions.Prevents access of sensitized T-lymphocytes and macrophages to target cells.
It has anti-inflammatory, anti-exudative and anti-allergic effects, reduces inflammation and associated subjective sensations (itching, burning, pain, moisture sensation due to eczematous changes) in the anorectal region.
Lidocaine has a local anesthetic effect, which is due to the blockade of voltage-dependent sodium channels, which prevents the generation of impulses in the ends of sensory nerves and the conduct of pain impulses along nerve fibers. The combined effect of the components of the drug achieves the best effect.
Heparin and prednisone are effectively absorbed after rectal administration, penetrate the intestinal wall for several hours, and then are gradually transported through portal circulation to the liver, where they are biotransformed by oxidizing enzymes into metabolites and excreted through the kidneys. T1 / 2 of heparin is 1-1.5 hours, prednisone - 18-36 hours.
With rectal administration, part of lidocaine (35%) undergoes systemic absorption. The maximum concentration in the blood of lidocaine reaches after 2 hours. Lidocaine is rapidly metabolized in the liver and excreted through the kidneys. Part of lidocaine undergoes enterohepatic circulation and is excreted in the feces. The half-life is from 1 to 3 hours.
- external and internal hemorrhoids, including acute,
- - thrombophlebitis of hemorrhoidal veins of the perianal region,
- - fistulas
- - eczema
- - itching in the anus caused by inflammation,
- - anal fissures,
- - preparation for surgery in the anorectal zone,
- - as part of the complex therapy of thrombosed and operated hemorrhoids.
- - viral, fungal, tuberculosis and other infectious processes of the anorectal region, disorders of the coagulation system with a predisposition to bleeding,
- - pregnancy and lactation,
- - children under 12 years old,
- - hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
With internal hemorrhoids, the suppository is administered 1-2 times a day into the rectal cavity. With external hemorrhoids, the suppository is not completely inserted into the anus - its base should be felt from the outside. Hold the anus with a gauze napkin until the suppository completely melts (2-3 minutes), otherwise the suppository will “fall” into the rectum without having a therapeutic effect.
The course of treatment is 7 days. On the recommendation of a doctor, the course can be extended up to 14 days.
The drug is usually well tolerated. At the recommended dose of the drug, no side effects were detected.
When using the drug for more than 5 weeks, systemic side effects associated with the action of prednisone are possible:
From the endocrine system: decreased glucose tolerance, "steroid" diabetes mellitus, inhibition of adrenal function, Itsenko-Cushing's syndrome. From the cardiovascular system, arrhythmias, bradyncardia (in predisposed patients), ECG changes characteristic of hypokalemia, and increased blood pressure are possible.
- From the nervous system: insomnia, dizziness.
- From the side of metabolism: increased excretion of calcium ions, hypocalcemia, increased sweating.
- Allergic reactions are possible caused by lidocaine and heparin in the form of itching and irritation of the anus.
The use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation is contraindicated. It is contraindicated in children under 12 years old. The drug is dispensed without a prescription.
In a dry, dark place at a temperature of no higher than 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children. Shelf life is 2 years.
Anesthesia and prevention of bleeding
A number of suppositories for hemorrhoids anesthesia have additional components with a hemostatic effect (adrenaline, tribenoside, phenylephrine hydrochloride). We list which candles anesthetize and reduce the frequency of hemorrhoidal bleeding.
- Relief - all suppositories of this brand contain phenylephrine,
- Proctoglivenol - contains tribenoside (to stop bleeding) and an analgesic lidocaine.
How much is the treatment: prices
The price of pain relievers for hemorrhoids is determined by the active substances and auxiliary components contained in them.
The production of natural preparations based on plant extracts is cheaper than others.
More expensive are suppositories with new generation synthetic substances, as well as candles with rare components, the extraction of which is difficult and expensive (for example, shark liver oil).
One of the most expensive suppositories is the Relif mall. Their cost is 4-5 times higher than ordinary candles with sea buckthorn oil or glycerin. Candles with hormonal substances (Proctosedil, Aurobin) are also distinguished by a high price. More accessible are simple suppositories with a traditional analgesic and antibacterial component (Anestezol, Anuzol, Betiol).